Seasonic psu 1000 -1300 w

Psycrovv

I have this psu Seasonic Prime SSR-1300PD and it has "Premium Hybrid Fan Control" and a hybrid mode.

In the hybrid mode then the fan starts to spin for 5-6 mins and then it stops for 5-6 mins like a cycle loop as soon power on my pc.

The fan is not super loud but just annoying to listen to when everything else in my case runs sillent when i dont play games.

Then i found this on seasonics site

https://knowledge.seasonic.com/article/29-what-is-seasonic-s3fc-smart-and-silent-fan-control

And this psu https://seasonic.com/focus-gx

Since it has this s3fc that seems to be more sillent even at some load.

Its cheaper but more sillent compared ?

https://seasonic.com/prime-px

None of the primes has this sillent mode but only the 5 min cycle loop mode....

I just regret this Prime SSR-1300PD since it has this fanless loop cycle. When i sit and relax and read forums then i can hear the fan Wuuuuusjhh! for 5 mins !

Thats not sillent mode at all. I had several psu from seasonic that was sillent even when i played some games.

Can anyone confirm what is going on here ?

Like why is a cheap s3fc 1000 w psu more sillent or better than a premium 1300 w psu regarding hybrid mode.

I feel like it should be the other way around.

Also i tryed ther watt calc to see if a 1000 w would be enough.

Thats -300 w less then i have now.

I got a 11900k intel

3080 ti OC auros master

Maximus Extreme XIII

32 gb G skill royal z

3 x 980 m.2 1 tb

7 riing quad fans

several phantek RGB strips

Seasonic Prime SSR-1300PD

5 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

What case do you have and what's the fanposition (faced up or down) of the PSU?

I got the meshify 2 xl so plenty of room. Its in the lower part of the case

Then its facing down with the fan.

is there a difference turning it so the fan points up ?

In fanless mode the PSU is heating up more than when the fan is faced down. With the fan faced up the heat can go up in the case through the perforated PSU shroud. It's worth to try with the fan facing up.

Hmmm i was looking at this in the manual but i dident think it would help with the fanless loop cycle. Since ther site shows 2 different hybrid modes. Where the focus model has this s3fc that makes it sillent until 30 % load. So i think that turning it around only pushes this cycle with few minutes..so maybe 10 min cycle loop.

Also i got my gpu vertical so there will be the same amount of room between the fan that it is now.

5 hours ago, Psycrovv said:

several phantek RGB strips

Does the PSU fan do this if the RGB is turned off?

I tryed to turn off the strips and motherboard in armoury crate. So everything is dark now and it still keeps spinning in this 5 min loop cycle..

Im gona buy the fosuc gx 1000 + watt.

Will that be enough power for my 3080 ti and 11900k cpu with 3 x 980 m2 1 tb and 7 case fans ?

9 minutes ago, Psycrovv said:

I tryed to turn off the strips and motherboard in armoury crate. So everything is dark now and it still keeps spinning in this 5 min loop cycle..

Im gona buy the fosuc gx 1000 + watt.

Will that be enough power for my 3080 ti and 11900k cpu with 3 x 980 m2 1 tb and 7 case fans ?

Just do like suggested... Fan up and most likely will stay passive longer as the heat can escape without a fan spinning.

Allright ill try it a day when i have time for some cable management since i got expensive cables from cablemod.

But i doubt its due to heat cuz it does this on a cold start up after 5 min where im afk. and i doubt it gets that hot in 5 mins idle mode.

What happens when you take it out of silent mode? Does the fan run nice and quiet?

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

16 minutes ago, freeagent said:

What happens when you take it out of silent mode? Does the fan run nice and quiet?

When i disable hybrid mode so to say , then the fan keeps spinning. Not very nice and quiet tho..could sound like a fan on at least 1100-1200 rpm.

And it keep spinning until i enable hybrid mode again.

I had another seasonic 1200 prime that is out of production today. It also had this hybrid mode, but it dident spin each 5 min. It was dead sillent unless i played games and even there it was still not loud and it was placed on the floor at a carpet with 2-3 cm room/space under it.

So i still doubt about turning it around. But worth a try as some say. Im gone confront seasonic about this turning psu before i waste time on it.

Maybe you should go over your cabling just in case? Its crazy that it is spinning that fast. I haven't really heard mine yet, but then again my fans are ridiculous so I doubt I would hear it. 

I had a Molex shorting inside and it was causing all kinds of havoc with my system. It was a bear to trace because its not something you expect to happen.

3 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Maybe you should go over your cabling just in case? Its crazy that it is spinning that fast. I haven't really heard mine yet, but then again my fans are ridiculous so I doubt I would hear it. 

I had a Molex shorting inside and it was causing all kinds of havoc with my system. It was a bear to trace because its not something you expect to happen.

I just did today. I was checking for loose ends and damaged connections but my cable from cablemod.com looks fine. Do you have the same model ?

This is from seasonic site

Premium Hybrid Fan Control - Fanless until 40 % load

And this is bullshit !

They write that ther premium fans has fanless mode under 40 % load..well i know it dosent take 40% power load to sit here and post and listen to a 1200rmp fan spin for 5 mins !

Mine comes on at 300w if I use the silent mode. But I don't care about silence. I care about performance.

FWIW My system has no problems pulling 650w.. and it is pretty bare bones.. you have a much larger GPU.. plus whatever else you have plugged in. I just have 2x nvme drives and 5 fans.

8 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Mine comes on at 300w if I use the silent mode. But I don't care about silence. I care about performance.

FWIW My system has no problems pulling 650w.. and it is pretty bare bones.. you have a much larger GPU.. plus whatever else you have plugged in. I just have 2x nvme drives and 5 fans.

I can't imagine it being that loud. Generally they use large fans like that to push more air with less sound. What is it like 35 decibels at 100% duty cycle or what? What's the decibel spec of the fan on your PSU bro?

10 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

I can't imagine it being that loud. Generally they use large fans like that to push more air with less sound. What is it like 35 decibels at 100% duty cycle or what? What's the decibel spec of the fan on your PSU bro?

https://seasonic.com/catalog/product_compare/index/

Here is a compare list of what i have and wants

i feel like a downgrade but thi spsu is driving me crazy with its 5 min fan spin cycle..its so nice when its sillent for 5 min but then it goes wuuuussjjh 1000-1200 rpm for 5 mins straight.

13 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

How loud is mine?  I couldn't tell you.. never heard it. If you make a small O with your lips like you are going to whistle but not quite, blow softly and that is what I heard 😄

On 2/2/2022 at 10:25 PM, --SID-- said:

In fanless mode the PSU is heating up more than when the fan is faced down. With the fan faced up the heat can go up in the case through the perforated PSU shroud. It's worth to try with the fan facing up.

I spoke with a guy on another forum and his same psu is upwards and he says it also has this 5-10 minute fanless/spin hybrid mode....

1 minute ago, Psycrovv said:

I spoke with a guy on another forum and his same psu is upwards and he says it also has this 5-10 minute fanless/spin hybrid mode....

Boooo.. 👎

Wow.. that is pretty intense.. I thought you were exaggerating slightly 😄

1 hour ago, Psycrovv said:

https://seasonic.com/catalog/product_compare/index/

Here is a compare list of what i have and wants

i feel like a downgrade but thi spsu is driving me crazy with its 5 min fan spin cycle..its so nice when its sillent for 5 min but then it goes wuuuussjjh 1000-1200 rpm for 5 mins straight.

It's only 20 decibels....

Maybe arrange your case fans for better flow by the PSU? 

Jealous though. My AFB1212SHE is way loud if I don't keep it under a tight rope. But it moves about 160 cfm at 55 decibels. Pretty much sounds like a jet engine that sucked a cat through it. 

9 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Pretty much sounds like a jet engine that sucked a cat through it

That's a good analogy.. 

1 minute ago, freeagent said:

That's a good analogy.. 

You know me!! I love big air flow. 😉