Fun, Bassy headphones under £200

Chorne

im looking to get some fun, bassy sounding headphones that differ from my current headphones (Philips SHP 9500) that are closed back or maybe semi closed. id want them to be under £200 and something that i can just plug into my pc to listen to music. 

Ive had a look at the Beyerdynamics dt770 pro but they apparently sound pretty whacky. But i do like the look of the build, they seem like very solid headphones.

Ive also had a look at the akg k371, which apparently sound really good but have questionable quality control and they look kinda cheap and tacky. 

Are there any other good options available?

thanks.

Meze 99 neo/classics / or noir are dubbed audiophile beats for a reason. I recc them if you want fun bassy and only requirements.

I believe the Meze 99 Neo's are pretty basy, they're 32 ohm so they'll work perfectly fine out of any 3.5mm jack. If you're looking for extreme bass than the Skullcandy Crushers might be interesting because they quite literally have motors that make it so it vibrates on your head when you turn the bass slider to the max, but they're not amazing and are many years old at this point. Meze 99 Neo's are 200 euros and the Meze 99 Classics are 300 euros, they're essentially the same it's just the Classics are made of walnut while the Neo's are plastic if I'm not mistaken.

4 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

I believe the Meze 99 Neo's are pretty basy, they're 32 ohm so they'll work perfectly fine out of any 3.5mm jack. If you're looking for extreme bass than the Skullcandy Crushers might be interesting because they quite literally have motors that make it so it vibrates on your head when you turn the bass slider to the max, but they're not amazing and are many years old at this point.

Awesome thanks. Yea I've heard of those skullcandy crushers, they look insane lol.

7 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Meze 99 neo/classics / or noir are dubbed audiophile beats for a reason. I recc them if you want fun bassy and only requirements.

Thanks yea I'll check em out 

13 minutes ago, EndstyleGG said:

For a quick fix, try installing Equalizer APO and play around with the eq there.

Also check out this project where they made custom filters for many (your Philips included) headphones : https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq

Might be just the thing you want, for free 🙂

I'll definitely have a look at this. Thanks.

Philips fidelio x2hr is on closeout in alot of places, great for gaming and music.

I have the x2hr, x3, focal elegia and audeze lcd-2c. The x2hr is great even when compared to my higher end headsets.

If you're able to stretch to it, the Harmonicdyne Zeus are some seriously fun cans.
I've kept a pair for quite a while cause they're just too damn fun. And also bassy and slammy but still good in other areas rather than JUST being bassy like many headphones

Video reviews: https://youtube.com/goldensound Written reviews and measurements: https://goldensound.audio
Current Main Setup: Roon -> HQPlayer -> Intel NUC -> Intona 7055-C Isolator -> Holo Audio May KTE DAC-> Holo Serene KTE preamp -> Benchmark AHB2 / Woo WA33
Most used headphones: Hifiman Susvara, Abyss 1266 Phi TC, Sennheiser HD800-S

I just recently got the k361-bt and they're pretty bassy, they look poorly built but they're solid and quality, they're my second most bassy headphone next to my t50rp with zmf protein pads.  The biggest drawback to the 361/371 is the ear pads are pretty narrow and shallow, I'll have to look into some replacements for that next.  I'm fine with it as is but I have small ears and even still they touch a little.

I have other headphones that have bass that is present but nothing like a closed or semi-closed headphone with protein pads can accomplish.  The X3/X2HR has more bass than the 9500 and is a very pleasant headphone but I wouldn't call it abundant, same with the Zeus.  I might have to grab a pair of those meze at some point, I have eyed them a couple times. dt880-600 will pound your ears off at high volumes but that's a complete assault on your brain on every level, not just bass.

*I just took a shot in the dark and ordered some pads that might fit them, I'm certainly going to use these headphones a lot so it's worth it.  

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission