Grainy recordings with Streamlabs OBS

Hi, I'm getting really grainy videos, and I feel like at this point I've tried everything to make it better, however nothing seems to change it.

I've tried the following settings in output mode, nothing seems to change, it still looks grainy.

Output mode simple:

Recording Quality: Lossless Quality, Tremendously Large File Size.
Looks grainy
Preview: https://streamable.com/1joxqi

I've also tried advanced output mode with the following settings:
Recording: Software x264
Rate Control: CRF
CRF: 17
CPU Usage: faster
Profile: high
Looks the same as the video above, any idea how to make it look better? Is there some setting I have checked that makes it like this? I'm not rescaling the ouput in the video tab
Both Base and Output are 1920x1080

Hope anyone knows how to fix.

the most important info to answer this is your pc specs.

i also would recommend regular OBS instead , its more stable with better performance.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

Your example video is 720p. Don't know whether thats because of the preset or what, but it looks like 720p with something like 2500kbps as bitrate.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/cpu-preset-and-crf-settings.53144/ this seems good thread to read about CRF and CPU presets when using it. I haven't used that before, since most my recording is done with same settings as streaming.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/22/2022 at 3:44 PM, Mark Kaine said:

the most important info to answer this is your pc specs.

i also would recommend regular OBS instead , its more stable with better performance.

Hi, I have a quite high end PC
Specs:
- GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070 Ti Rog Strix
- CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K CPU 3.70GHz
- RAM: 4x 8 Gb DDR4 3600MHZ

I'll try to use regular OBS instead, thanks

On 1/22/2022 at 8:08 PM, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

Your example video is 720p. Don't know whether thats because of the preset or what, but it looks like 720p with something like 2500kbps as bitrate.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/cpu-preset-and-crf-settings.53144/ this seems good thread to read about CRF and CPU presets when using it. I haven't used that before, since most my recording is done with same settings as streaming.

I've already read thru the obs forum thread and tried the presets, still looks grainy. The video is automatically scaled to 720p since its uploaded to streamable, the outputtet recording is 1080p.

1 hour ago, OssieFromDK said:

I've already read thru the obs forum thread and tried the presets, still looks grainy. The video is automatically scaled to 720p since its uploaded to streamable, the outputtet recording is 1080p.

Maybe try with CBR instead of CFR? And try to upload examples to Youtube perhaps? Easier to see what your issue is when its actually at quality you are producing, not rendered down to certain threshold. Youtube bitrate limits are rather high compared to other services.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Maybe try with CBR instead of CFR? And try to upload examples to Youtube perhaps? Easier to see what your issue is when its actually at quality you are producing, not rendered down to certain threshold. Youtube bitrate limits are rather high compared to other services.

This was filmed with x264 CRF on 20, CPU Usage preset on faster and profile on high. No rescaled output.

1 hour ago, OssieFromDK said:

This was filmed with x264 CRF on 20, CPU Usage preset on faster and profile on high. No rescaled output.

The gameplay footage looks really good. So that makes it tad weird that text is so fuzzy. You are using 1080p as desktop resolution too, right?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv