Builiding a high-end PC that'll last for a few good years, but is also best bang for the buck

HeftyNugget

Budget (including currency): Let's say... 2500-3000 EUR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: VR, HL: Alyx, Boneworks, Streaming, Visual Studio, Docker, Dota2, Witcher 3, Sea of Thieves

Other details:

• Current screens: 3 x FHD (1920x1080), planned to get a 4K 120Hz in near future
  • Need at least 32GB RAM
  • I'll be moving my SSHD and M.2 SSD over from my old PC
  • Would greatly appreciate a quiet PC case with a good dust filter and water cooling capability (if I decide to install it in the future)
  • Preferably nVidia and Intel combo

I'm totally not up-to-date with latest hardware if it comes to GPU's, CPU's and Mobos - so I appreciate any suggestions 🙂

Suggest me something you would buy for yourself to get most value out of that budget. Thanks!

Desktop: ASUS Z97-AR | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon | ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX OC | Corsair 650W TX | Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB 1600 MHz | Samsung Pro 840 - 256GB | SilentiumPC HE1225 | Cooler Master HAF-932 Adv. | Razer Deathstalker | Razer Taipan | SteelSeries DEX | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Black Prism Edition | DXRacer Maximum Series | Bluemic Snowball Aluminium 
Laptop: ASUS Zenbook UX32LN

Camera: Nikon D5300

Check out the prebuilt ones. Here (in Switzerland) there are brands in sale on a regular basis.

GPU's are still overpriced overwise.

On Black Friday, for example, I did buy one Lenovo with a 3060Ti inside for 1500usd

I'm willing to swim against the current.

4 minutes ago, leclod said:

Check out the prebuilt ones. Here (in Switzerland) there are brands in sale on a regular basis.

GPU's are still overpriced overwise.

On Black Friday, for example, I did buy one Lenovo with a 3060Ti inside for 1500usd

Prebuilt are generally more expensive than the parts they're built from - plus putting PC together is fun 😄

Desktop: ASUS Z97-AR | i7-4790K Devil's Canyon | ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX OC | Corsair 650W TX | Corsair Vengeance - 8 GB 1600 MHz | Samsung Pro 840 - 256GB | SilentiumPC HE1225 | Cooler Master HAF-932 Adv. | Razer Deathstalker | Razer Taipan | SteelSeries DEX | SteelSeries Siberia Elite Black Prism Edition | DXRacer Maximum Series | Bluemic Snowball Aluminium 

1 minute ago, HeftyNugget said:

Prebuilt are generally more expensive than the parts they're built from - plus putting PC together is fun 😄

Find a decently priced gpu and I'll agree with you

1 minute ago, leclod said:

Find a decently priced gpu and I'll agree with you

Even if the prices are winded up right now, I can wait to buy the GPU later

1 minute ago, HeftyNugget said:

Even if the prices are winded up right now, I can wait to buy the GPU later

In that case you'll need an iGPU. Maybe check out the AMD 5600G and 5700G ?

18 minutes ago, leclod said:

In that case you'll need an iGPU. Maybe check out the AMD 5600G and 5700G ?

Or I can use GPU from my old PC for the time being