is this alienware motherboard fully compatible with normal cases?

adarw

hey all i found a good deal on an i7 4930k, cooler, case and motherboard. the catch is its an alineware, i kinda dont like the case so i would like to switch it over, now the motherboard and power supply seem non-proprietary but im kinda confused by the power on button and all those headers, im kinda confused, is the motherboard fully compatible? 

edit: forgot to add the motherboard XD, heres a link to it:

https://shop.bapcs.co.uk/online-shop/components/alienware-aurora-r4-motherboard-and-intel-i7-4930k-cpu/

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Looks pretty well non proprietary.

Also found this. People talking about using jumpers and what not to put other motherboards in the original case for that board.

https://www.dell.com/community/Alienware-Desktops/Aurora-R4-move-internals-to-new-case/td-p/7237139

Seems some of the case side stuff is proprietary, but nothing on the motherboard is. Power button would go to the 3rd and 4th pins on the front panel connector's top row it looks like. 

8 minutes ago, adarw said:

power on button and all those headers

Mind specifying what you're looking at there that has you confused? 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

15 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Mind specifying what you're looking at there that has you confused? 

was kinda confused by the audio port hubs, isnt that a bit different?

-----------------

#

12 minutes ago, adarw said:

was kinda confused by the audio port hubs, isnt that a bit different?

First glace, if you're talking about the yellow one in the bottom left, it's keyed correctly.

hdaudioheader.jpg

Giving the manual a look now.

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_alienware_dsk/alienware-aurora-r4_owner's manual_en-us.pdf

It looks like they use two daughter boards. "Master IO Board" and "Top Lighting board". It looks like they make up for the lack of fan headers on the motherboard it's self with these expansion boards that allow for them. 

It looks like without those boards you'd be limited to no RGB of any kind. 1 CPU fan header and 1 system fan header. 

In case you don't want to grab the auto download link from me, go here and what I've seen is all in the owner's manual.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/alienware-aurora-r4/docs

Edit: The WiFi header is on the Master IO Board as well. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

First glace, if you're talking about the yellow one in the bottom left, it's keyed correctly.

hdaudioheader.jpg

Giving the manual a look now.

https://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_alienware_dsk/alienware-aurora-r4_owner's manual_en-us.pdf

It looks like they use two daughter boards. "Master IO Board" and "Top Lighting board". It looks like they make up for the lack of fan headers on the motherboard it's self with these expansion boards that allow for them. 

It looks like without those boards you'd be limited to no RGB of any kind. 1 CPU fan header and 1 system fan header. 

In case you don't want to grab the auto download link from me, go here and what I've seen is all in the owner's manual.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/alienware-aurora-r4/docs

Edit: The WiFi header is on the Master IO Board as well. 

thanks so much! would i be able to transfer these daughter boards to a normal case? i dont care about looks, also my fans right now are connected by sata so i dont think that would be a problem.

-----------------

#