Old member returning

GhostyG

Hi there!

I had an account on here a while ago but lost it to time and decided to start up here again today. I have been into electronics since I was a little girl and started by taking apart old clocks I found at Salvation Army. I got into gaming young also and had mostly Nintendo from N64 up to the Wii. I played on the family PC and loved Zoo Tycoon along with Halo CE for the PC. Now I try to put electronics back together when they are broken or fix small things here and there. 

I would love to see a world where people have easy access to ways for them to learn how to fix their own tech weather it be a computer or a car. People deserve to be able to fix what they can instead of just buying something new when an item breaks.   

the truth is a lot of modern stuff is designed to not be repairable, thin plastic hinges on otherwise expensive  devices, for example if they break you're pretty much sol most of the time... 

or micro soldering, who does that? pretty much no one, here at least. 

not saying its not ok to repair something of course, its just a lot of time either not possible or would be really expensive  - since unlike in another time, things are *designed* to break and not be repairable. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 1/17/2022 at 4:41 PM, Caroline said:

it's a FIAT

Which one? I've had several, X1/9, 128, 124. Loved them all, but not synonymous with reliability.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 minutes ago, Caroline said:

'89 Uno 45

It's a nice car until it overheats and starts smoking. I installed bright LED lights so others can see I'm actually braking/turning and stop bumping me.

Love it. Wish they sold them over here in USALand

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.