Nvidia tried so hard to stop this

BellLMG
On 1/9/2022 at 3:53 PM, hvzkt9co said:

INFO   : Opening ISO Windows10.iso...
ERROR  : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'Path' because it is null.
INFO   : Log folder is C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Convert-WindowsImage\ec2536db-7e69-4c3f-9e1b-1e39e72f400a
INFO   : Closing ISO...
INFO   : Done.
Failed to create VHDX, stopping script

can't seem to figure this out?

I solved this using DISM GUI obtained from softpedia (shows my iso install options, index) clicking button to see D(iso letter)/sources/install.wim , and changing ''Edition='' number to one of them.. because is a custom iso only have 3 inside, option 1 2 or 3 i put 1 (pro) (and not 9 options as it comes by default like a normal ISO Home,Pro,Enterprise,Education and lot more) ..  next i pass the error cant find iso or file something like that and charging

• 4 weeks later...

When connecting with Parsec to the VM I get a black screen and an Parsec error [-15000] " The computer you are attempting connect to does not support hardware video encoding".

But when connecting with build in remote desktop connection it works.

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this problem?

Screenshot 2022-08-07 183502.png

• 2 months later...

Is the 4 concurrent stream limit of end banking coding due to a choice of Nvidea or hardware limitations?

when my brother tries to connect to the vm, its locked at 30fps. How to I change it to 60?

• 4 weeks later...

hi all I'm trying to set up my gpu to work in an hyper v VM on an Windows Server2022 host pc. any ideas how i can get this to work 

thNKS

I've seen some people with a similar issue but no one responding. Can anyone help with the updating GPU drivers issue? I have no clue what I'm doing. Thanks so much. 

Update driver issue.jpg

On 8/7/2022 at 12:41 PM, Franchek said:

Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this problem?

Screenshot 2022-08-07 183502.png

You need a virtual output, the free version of Parsec doesn't support headless configurations so you'll want to install a virtual display and/or utilize a 'fake' video output via a physical dongle on your host machine's GPU.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

On 11/27/2022 at 10:03 PM, Hodoring_Huskarl said:

Can anyone help with the updating GPU drivers issue? I have no clue what I'm doing. Thanks so much. 

Are you updating the host machine's drivers and need to duplicate that on the virtual machine?

Honestly, the easiest way is to manually update the files (you'll need to copy the updated Nvidia files from your System32 directory and also copy over your updated driver folder from your DriverStore folder in System32 to the HostDriverStore on the virtual machine).

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

problem, I don't understand why, some info hide

Screenshot_2.png

I went through this process to try and play some games through the Hyper V vm; however, with easy anti cheat it blocks you from playing games while in a virtual machine. Is there an easy way to revert this process? I don't want my gpu partitioned since it didn't accomplish what I hoped it would

On 12/12/2022 at 1:58 PM, BlamedPack said:

I went through this process to try and play some games through the Hyper V vm; however, with easy anti cheat it blocks you from playing games while in a virtual machine. Is there an easy way to revert this process? I don't want my gpu partitioned since it didn't accomplish what I hoped it would

$vm = "[VMName]"

Remove-VMGpuPartitionAdapter -VMName $vm

This should work.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

I've had this working for a long time on my 5950x/6900XT system.

But for whatever reason I CANNOT get this working with any drivers news than 22.5.1 (From May this year).   Where building from or trying to use the driver update script no joy.

Has anyone worked around this?

• 2 weeks later...

after reinstall my pc, I try again and look at this ;( , I don't understand path is incorrect

thanks in advance for your help

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Guys i have problemi with Parsec. When i start tò stream to anothere PC there Is a black screen like It cant stream and appear error 15000 how do i fix this? Im on AMD card btw

7 hours ago, GigginoPasticcino said:

Guys i have problemi with Parsec. When i start tò stream to anothere PC there Is a black screen like It cant stream and appear error 15000 how do i fix this? Im on AMD card btw

It sounds like you might have updated the drivers on your host machine without mirroring the change from within your VM. Either that or you didn't successfully partition your GPU across both instances. 

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

When running this with a Windows 11 ISO for the VM it worked just fine and I was able to connect into it and see my GPU in there all fine. When trying to do the same with a Windows 10 ISO it doesn't want to work, trying both a brand new downloaded and an older Windows 10 ISO they both give me a "This ISO is invalid, please check readme for ISO downloading instructions." error.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm using Windows 10 on the host PC.

Thanks! I managed to set it up, it works quite well. Of course not as good as in the host.

Stupid question, is the gpu still partitioned when the vm is deactivated? If so, how can we delete it.

Thank you!

11 hours ago, narf93 said:

Stupid question, is the gpu still partitioned when the vm is deactivated?

Yes, but given that GPU-P dynamically allocates resources you shouldn't see any negative impact since there is no overhead.

That said, if you want to de-partition your GPU you can use the following script:

$vm = "[VMName]"

Remove-VMGpuPartitionAdapter -VMName $vm

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

On 1/9/2023 at 4:04 AM, Sanyek said:

Anyone have any ideas?

What version of Windows 10 are you running and how old was the ISO file?

In theory Windows 10 20H1+ Pro, Enterprise or Education should be compatible although Windows 11 is preferred and the recommended operating system for GPU-P. 

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

On 1/3/2023 at 6:26 PM, GigginoPasticcino said:

See my post, I can only get this working with my AMD cord with the old set of drivers from April.   it DOES NOT WORK with newer drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, is that possible to use that Sollution on a Windowsserver OS? Best regards

8 hours ago, Derliebepitty said:

Hello, is that possible to use that Sollution on a Windowsserver OS? Best regards

In theory, yes, although GPU-P seems to work most consistently on Windows 11 at the moment.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

9 hours ago, Derliebepitty said:

I use windows server 2022, everything works, though I didn’t use the script, but I did everything myself

Someone managed to launch DLSS? And what is your FPS in Cyberpunk? I have higher than 30-40 FPS in RTX 3070 (1080p) on any graphics settings with 100% forwarding video adapter. The emphasis is not in the processor since on the host with the same number of cores (I turn them off in the BIOS) 90-100 frames on the host without RT and DLLS. (Perhaps Hyper-V does not emulate any processor instructions and therefore works so badly)
Parsec also loses the connection if you close the virtual machine window at the host (you can hear the sound disconnecting the monitor on the virtual machine), however, if you run the VM and do not open this window from the launch, then everything works . Can I somehow leave a virtual screen even after the window is closed?

14 hours ago, DragonGamees said:

Can I somehow leave a virtual screen even after the window is closed?

I use a virtual USB display adapter to achieve this.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM