Nvidia tried so hard to stop this

BellLMG
1 hour ago, pipps17 said:

im having the same issue. my partner cant run minecraft java.

did you find a solution?

No still I found that it seam the nvidia is calculated on the main rig and showed by the Microsoft virtual display adapter and Microsoft doesn’t integrate the Vulcan or OpenGL in there device (make sens) hop there will be a workaround 

2 hours ago, igormp said:

It has been sold for less than 5x the MSRP price, which you can't find at all on the internet, since they usually go for 2x the MSRP, so you bought something for 10x less the market price, and it literally says in the title "GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3090 XTREME 24GB BOX"

I think he's trolling.

Disregard

"There is probably a special circle of Hell reserved for people who force software into a role it was never designed for."
- Radium_Angel

2 hours ago, Tom Tom said:

I think he's trolling.

Maybe, could also be a misiformed person. I prefer to err on that second option.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

I loved this!

Girlfriend has a laptop that wasn't running Windows that well, so I installed Ubuntu on it and it's now smooth. Then I followed these steps, reading the readme.md file alongside, prepped everything on my host PC and now not only she can game on a good hardware but use Windows on her laptop without any glitches.

On 1/14/2022 at 3:40 AM, igormp said:

It has been sold for less than 5x the MSRP price, which you can't find at all on the internet, since they usually go for 2x the MSRP, so you bought something for 10x less the market price, and it literally says in the title "GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3090 XTREME 24GB BOX"

Thank you for informing me.  I did not know I just paid money for a empty box.  I have some times got good deals on eBay.  But this is not one of them.  Silly me.  I have asked the guy to confirm, but I think you are right.  Try to start and get a refund via eBay or PayPal.  Know to be more careful in future.  Thank you.  I guess I will have to wait a year or two until prices come down.

Interestingly, some games don't want to load or even launch.

CS:GO just exits on loading

League of legends just doesn't go into game ever, crashes with error

5 hours ago, Tom Tom said:

CS:GO just exits on loading

League of legends just doesn't go into game ever, crashes with error

would guess it's anti-cheat. Works offline?

Say could I use this somehow to run a Linux Guest that actually uses my 3070 and runs at 144hz? I always wanted to dabble with Linux and while I did manage in the past to set up a working dual-boot environment it's always been a huge hassle to do so because GRUB absolutely hates me and I hate GRUB.

And using Linux in a regular VM is all okay but if you want to go for more eyecandy you often run into issues, nevermind running it above 60hz. So I would be interested in doing Paravirtualization for a Linux Guest, does anyone have some ponters on this?

I have a 5600x, 16gb RAM and a 3070 so splitting resources should be no problem. I also have Windows 11 Pro with Hyper-V already installed and enabled.

Having issues in PowerShell, I'm kinda noob, someone help me pls 😄

Mount-DiskImage : The system couldn't find the specifed path. 
At C:\Users\gonca\Downloads\Easy-GPU-PV-main\Easy-GPU-PV-main\CopyFilesToVM.ps1:44 char:16
+ $mountResult = Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath $SourcePath
+                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (MSFT_DiskImage:ROOT/Microsoft/.../MSFT_DiskImage) [Mount-DiskImage], CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80070003,Mount-DiskImage

First of all. This is really cool. It actually works. But, it's not prefect. I had a week long adventure with this. I'll try to put a tl;dr at the bottom.

My wife and I recently discovered Phasmophobia and have been playing it a bunch, but we can't play together because the only gaming capable PC was the one hooked to the TV. A Ryzan 3700, 16GB Memory,  RTX 2070 Super Founders, 1TB NVMe.

The actual day this video came out,  my wife attempted to play Phasmophobia. Wife on her laptop (a mobile 7th Gen Intel i7, with just the integrated graphics) while I played in VR on the main machine and we played online with an old friend. Her laptop barely ran the game to begin with,  and the next game update the day after made it crash and was actually unplayable.

But, then I spot this video.

So the next day I quickly set up Hyper-V, configure the script, run it,  and it was done and I was playing games in a VM with one GPU! In less than an hour. Fantastic!

We try to play together, and we encounter the first few issues. Her laptop will only connect and set the parsec display at 1024x768. I could only force a higher resolution by connecting to Parsec with the host. Secondly. Parsec doesn't forward mic audio to the remote machine (voice chat is a required feature of Phasmophobia). So we had to use Steam Link to actually do the streaming since it does,  which admittedly is kinda awful. But it *works*.

The impressive part: I have the host and VM splitting resources 50/50 each has half the cores, 8GB memory,  and half the GPU. I could play at half quality (just over 720p) *in VR* and my wife could also play at half settings(720p),  at the same freaking time! Actually incredible. 

Next headache. As soon as we make a lobby to play online,  we both connect,  run fine,  load into the level quickly. And as soon as we both are walking around and in the house, my wife's video stream would plummet to abstract art, and the latency would climb into above 1 second. After 4 days of stepping through this after work (debugging code all day) we're both kinda defeated. I'd buy some  laptop if I didn't have a Steamdeck on order. I try playing with just KB+M instead of VR. Same issue,  as soon as we both get in the house,  at the same time, the stream from the VM is crushed. The only thing at 100% usage is the GPU. Memory was 80%, CPU was harder to tell, but I'd estimate also about 80%. So GPU bottleneck.

At a stroke of desperation I dig through my closet. I have 2 and a half old and broken parts that I can combine into one working computer: an AMD A10, Nvidia GTX 750 (non Ti), and 8GB DDR3. Hook it to a 1680x1050 spare monitor,  a trip to Best Buy for a KB&M and it works. Simply works. She can play with some settings at high, and full native resolution. Should have just gone with this at the start,  we can both play with higher quality settings. 

Maybe I could have trying other configurations like using just Parsec to stream, or making sure other devices weren't using my home network bandwidth. But after doing that for work,  I really just wanted to play games with my wife,  and an old POS computer did the job with little effort. 

TL;DR

An ancient AMD A10 paired with a GTX 750 was still a better solution to cutting a Ryzen 3700 and RTX 2070 Super in half. At least for playing this specific game.

Tried it on Win10. Got errors I couldn't pin point. Works on Win11 now. They even basically recommend Win11, so no big surprise. 

Havent had time to benchmark everything, but I ran some games just on a Laptop that mirrored the VM and it went really well.

I also now have a dp dummy for no reason, because I have a driver that does the same thing...so don't buy the dummy, just get the usb thing. Craft Computing made a pretty good video about this topic as well and he uses that thing. 

I am really looking forward to being able to play some simple games with my gf this way. My hardware ain't that great to be split, but definitely good enough for so Portal 2 etc. to run twice. 

Link to the video. If you just follow his guide, it probably won't work. 😉

I gathered some info from the GitHub, this thing and some PowerShell tutorials to make it work. 

https://youtu.be/XLLcc29EZ_8

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

On 1/12/2022 at 9:06 AM, Leirisal said:

Hey guys I need some help. I followed the tutorial but I'm having an issue where parsec just shows a black screen (Bitrate at 0, encoding and decoding at 0). Parsec just isn't communicating with the VM for some reason.

Somehow, on Sunday I was having the same issue but it randomly started working after some hours of troubleshooting. Didn't find out what solved it. Tried reinstalling the driver with the script several times, disabling one of my monitors, changing encoders, codecs, etc.

Left the PC on during the night, and on the next afternoon it was back to showing just a black screen. Anyone has any idea what might be happening here?

I'm using Win 11 on both machines (Host and VM) a 3080 and the latest GPU drivers (Just updated to 511.17 but the problem still remains)

It happens either with my second parsec account trying to join locally or my friends' remotely

A screenshot of the issue

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.e6bc06af898863f0ffcce1fe94e59727.png

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem with the same GPU (3080) 

On 1/15/2022 at 7:25 PM, Quackers101 said:

would guess it's anti-cheat. Works offline?

We had no problems with CS:GO. Remember you need multiple steam accounts 

6 hours ago, SoapyCub said:

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the exact same problem with the same GPU (3080) 

Do you have a dummy dongle in the PC? 

On 1/16/2022 at 6:33 AM, L10 said:

First of all. This is really cool. It actually works. But, it's not prefect. I had a week long adventure with this. I'll try to put a tl;dr at the bottom.

My wife and I recently discovered Phasmophobia and have been playing it a bunch, but we can't play together because the only gaming capable PC was the one hooked to the TV. A Ryzan 3700, 16GB Memory,  RTX 2070 Super Founders, 1TB NVMe.

The actual day this video came out,  my wife attempted to play Phasmophobia. Wife on her laptop (a mobile 7th Gen Intel i7, with just the integrated graphics) while I played in VR on the main machine and we played online with an old friend. Her laptop barely ran the game to begin with,  and the next game update the day after made it crash and was actually unplayable.

But, then I spot this video.

So the next day I quickly set up Hyper-V, configure the script, run it,  and it was done and I was playing games in a VM with one GPU! In less than an hour. Fantastic!

We try to play together, and we encounter the first few issues. Her laptop will only connect and set the parsec display at 1024x768. I could only force a higher resolution by connecting to Parsec with the host. Secondly. Parsec doesn't forward mic audio to the remote machine (voice chat is a required feature of Phasmophobia). So we had to use Steam Link to actually do the streaming since it does,  which admittedly is kinda awful. But it *works*.

The impressive part: I have the host and VM splitting resources 50/50 each has half the cores, 8GB memory,  and half the GPU. I could play at half quality (just over 720p) *in VR* and my wife could also play at half settings(720p),  at the same freaking time! Actually incredible. 

Next headache. As soon as we make a lobby to play online,  we both connect,  run fine,  load into the level quickly. And as soon as we both are walking around and in the house, my wife's video stream would plummet to abstract art, and the latency would climb into above 1 second. After 4 days of stepping through this after work (debugging code all day) we're both kinda defeated. I'd buy some  laptop if I didn't have a Steamdeck on order. I try playing with just KB+M instead of VR. Same issue,  as soon as we both get in the house,  at the same time, the stream from the VM is crushed. The only thing at 100% usage is the GPU. Memory was 80%, CPU was harder to tell, but I'd estimate also about 80%. So GPU bottleneck.

At a stroke of desperation I dig through my closet. I have 2 and a half old and broken parts that I can combine into one working computer: an AMD A10, Nvidia GTX 750 (non Ti), and 8GB DDR3. Hook it to a 1680x1050 spare monitor,  a trip to Best Buy for a KB&M and it works. Simply works. She can play with some settings at high, and full native resolution. Should have just gone with this at the start,  we can both play with higher quality settings. 

Maybe I could have trying other configurations like using just Parsec to stream, or making sure other devices weren't using my home network bandwidth. But after doing that for work,  I really just wanted to play games with my wife,  and an old POS computer did the job with little effort. 

TL;DR

An ancient AMD A10 paired with a GTX 750 was still a better solution to cutting a Ryzen 3700 and RTX 2070 Super in half. At least for playing this specific game.

WOAH you tried VR with this? Wild. 

16 minutes ago, ColinLTT said:

We had no problems with CS:GO. Remember you need multiple steam accounts 

also tried with other anti-cheats? from something like the extreme with valorant or easy anti cheat in fornite or other MP games. or it works with all or most of them?

When i start the script i show this error that tell me that the script can't find a file but i don't know witch it is please help me

Screenshot 2022-01-22 204055.png

9 hours ago, ColinLTT said:

I'm testing this on my main PC as a host, which has multiple monitors plugged in and on

On 1/22/2022 at 11:33 AM, SoapyCub said:

Not yet, still hoping for an answer. It's been working very randomly. Sometimes It starts working after I switch my vertical monitor to landscape mode, sometimes that doesn't work. Other times I try rebooting and/or updating the driver to the VM and it somehow starts working, but only sometimes... Very strange...

On 1/22/2022 at 5:48 PM, ColinLTT said:

Do we NEED a dummy plug? Isn't a second monitor supposed to work just as well?

On 1/26/2022 at 9:38 AM, Leirisal said:

Not yet, still hoping for an answer. It's been working very randomly. Sometimes It starts working after I switch my vertical monitor to landscape mode, sometimes that doesn't work. Other times I try rebooting and/or updating the driver to the VM and it somehow starts working, but only sometimes... Very strange...

Wow, thanks to your troubleshooting tip, I've actually made progress! I have four monitors, two in portrait mode. I just quickly made them all landscape and BOOM -- it connected through Parsec for the very first time. I have to run and I'll be busy for the next day or two, but I will be reporting back to make sure if anyone else has this problem, things they can do to try to fix it. So far, very promising so thank you! But since you said yours started and stopped, I won't say it's successful just yet.