4 hours ago, Manglam said:

How to delete GPU partition ????

Its dynamic so it shouldent matter

On 2/5/2022 at 12:32 PM, Manglam said:

Or delete the vm then it can't share it

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 11:36 PM, Quackers101 said:

also tried with other anti-cheats? from something like the extreme with valorant or easy anti cheat in fornite or other MP games. or it works with all or most of them?

Surely there is a problem with CSGO. I tried both Craft Computing and LTT method, both end up crashing CSGO at map loading no matter its online or offline.
Valorant anticheat service (vgc service) straight up refused to run.

Rocket League runs fine but m really sad that the video shows running CSGO 😞
Do let me know if you find any solution.

• 3 weeks later...

So I got this working first shot on my 5950x System with an 6900 XT.

Question . . . how do I adjust the below without rebuilding the VM?   Say in the future I want to set it for more than one VM.

GPUResourceAllocationPercentage = 50

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 6:48 PM, ColinLTT said:

We had no problems with CS:GO. Remember you need multiple steam accounts 

I have the same issue. CSGO crashes when loading the map. Mutiple settings (VM, Ingame,...), launch options, -insecure mode, ram amount, mutiple different accounts, mutiple VM's,...

It always ends up crashing during loading a map in cs. I honestly don't know what to try anymore. I have the feeling i forgot to tick one single thing or whatever, but can't find it neither in you video or in other guides.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:07 PM, Tom Tom said:

Interestingly, some games don't want to load or even launch.

CS:GO just exits on loading

League of legends just doesn't go into game ever, crashes with error

Did you find a solution for CSGO?

• 4 weeks later...

I ran into an issue where the only way I could change resolution from 1024 x 768 was if I had Microsoft Hyper-V Video adapter enabled in devices, but that limited max frame rates to 30 in parsec. This was with the USB virtual monitor or with an HDMI dongle. My card is a 3080 that is used for mining, and is not the main card in my rig - it is only used when the kids want to game in VMs that they connect to with parsec.

I created a bat file that runs a Powershell script that starts the vm and then runs a 2nd bat file on the vm that enables a virtual monitor and  changes the resolution on the vm. One click on the bat file on the host and the miner stops, the vm starts and the resolution is set to 1920 x 1080.

.bat file on host (shortcut set to run as administrator, calls ps script that starts vm and then kills miner):

::pnputil /enable-device "DISPLAY\FUN9D31\5&2F79805D&0&UID49408" **only useful if running an HDMI dongle, not required with USB virtual monitor
::TIMEOUT 2
PowerShell -NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "& {Start-Process PowerShell -ArgumentList '-NoProfile -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -File ""D:\Exempt\trex\StartVM.ps1""' -Verb RunAs}"
TASKKILL /F /IM t-rex.exe
TASKKILL /F /IM cmd.exe 

Powershell script on host (starts VM and calls bat file on VM that enables the usb monitor/resolution fix and provides the credentials to do so):

$VMCredentials = Import-CliXml d:\Exempt\trex\credentials.xml

Start-VM -ComputerName Main2 -Name Win11gpuv
Start-Sleep -Seconds 8
Invoke-Command -VMName Win11gpuv -ScriptBlock{& cmd.exe /c "C:\VirtMon\FixRes.bat"} -Credential $VMCredentials

.bat file on vm (this bat deletes an annoying monitor that kept showing up that was not the usb virtual monitor - I have nothing plugged into this card. The usb monitor refuses to persist when the vm is shutdown so it is added on each boot of the vm. In the registry the default resolution is set to 1920 x 1080. The vm switches resolution as soon as the bat file runs.):

cd c:\VirtMon
pnputil /remove-device "DISPLAY\DEFAULT_MONITOR\1&8713BCA&0&UID0"
TIMEOUT 3
deviceinstaller64 enableidd 1

Not pretty, somewhat convoluted and probably more efficient ways to do this, but it works and makes it dead simple for the kids to switch off the miner and game. There is another button on the host that runs a bat file that automates pulling down the vm and starting the miner. There is a task scheduled as well that checks 15 min after the VM has been shutdown to see if the miner is running and starts it if it isn't.

Not sure why I had problems with the resolution. The gpu-p works, all the drivers are good (no yellow triangles or error 43) and the usb virtual monitor installed as it should. It just refused to either go to the right resolution or let me change it without jumping through these hoops.

Hi there,

I recently did build a new rig with 12700kf, strix 3080 10gb, DDR5 RAM etc etc and have since I first saw the video on this topic tried to find out wether my thought use case is actually applicable.

So the PC is downstairs hooked up to a 1440p, 144hz display and thats where we do most of the gaming but upstairs we have a 4k 120hz TV. would it be possible to share all of the capacity (like 100% or near) from the gaming rig to a low end PC hooked up to the TV and be able to play 4k 120fps?

And if so when wanting to game downstairs again is it just as simple as turning of the VM or machine upstairs and get all capacity back to the gaming PC?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, patjun87 said:

Hi there,

I recently did build a new rig with 12700kf, strix 3080 10gb, DDR5 RAM etc etc and have since I first saw the video on this topic tried to find out wether my thought use case is actually applicable.

So the PC is downstairs hooked up to a 1440p, 144hz display and thats where we do most of the gaming but upstairs we have a 4k 120hz TV. would it be possible to share all of the capacity (like 100% or near) from the gaming rig to a low end PC hooked up to the TV and be able to play 4k 120fps?

And if so when wanting to game downstairs again is it just as simple as turning of the VM or machine upstairs and get all capacity back to the gaming PC?

Thanks!

Could you not remote onto said pc via the connection using steams software? that would seem like an easy solution

1 hour ago, Sartis-Glenn said:

Could you not remote onto said pc via the connection using steams software? that would seem like an easy solution

Hi!

I havent actually explored that at all. I also have a Nvidia Shield Pro connected to the TV but I am not sure that 4K@120 is supported

11 minutes ago, patjun87 said:

Hi!

I havent actually explored that at all. I also have a Nvidia Shield Pro connected to the TV but I am not sure that 4K@120 is supported

As far as I can tell from some Google searches, max is 4k 60 fps

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2022 at 1:32 PM, Manglam said:

$vm = "[VMName]"

Remove-VMGpuPartitionAdapter -VMName $vm

This should work.

If it doesn't then I'll double-check my personal removal .ps1 file to make sure I didn't make any more changes (call me old-fashioned, but I preferred making my own script to using the one provided so I had more control over every step).

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

On 3/21/2022 at 12:32 AM, Teh_troll said:

Question . . . how do I adjust the below without rebuilding the VM?   Say in the future I want to set it for more than one VM.

The easiest solution is probably to remove the current integration and then run the raw GPU-P script with the new value (and then repeat for new VM).

Also, remember to cap your FPS if you're gaming on multiple VMs simultaneously to ensure a more even distribution of GPU power (particularly if you're also using the host machine as that will be prioritized over everything else).

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

So I set this up on the following rig: 

Ryzen 5950X 

64 GB DDR4 3600 CAS 16

2 TB M.2 PCIe Gen 4 Sabrent NVMe

Dual RTX 3080s

Windows 11 Pro

Was able to get the VMs up and after a few fights with the resolution being stuck at 720p despite the fact that I had plugged in some dummy HDMI adapters in both cards, I was able to run a few benchmarks without any major issues. I then decided to fire up a game (Icarus) in DX11 mode. The game loaded and looked great, but as soon as I launched a mission it crashed with a "out of memory" error. Unsure what that could be related to. Anyone else have this issue?

So i setted all of this up, but my question is: do I need to install Nvidia Drivers onto the VM? When I do I encounter an error. 

On 5/25/2022 at 9:04 PM, M4tt384 said:

So i setted all of this up, but my question is: do I need to install Nvidia Drivers onto the VM? When I do I encounter an error. 

You don't, assuming that the script ran successfully your VM should have a local copy of the needed driver files (when you go to Device Manger do you see your GPU, if you do and there isn't a Error 43 not then you should be good).  

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

On 5/24/2022 at 1:17 AM, Solinus said:

Anyone else have this issue?

Does it only happen in Icarus? I don't have that title or else I'd run a test on my system but every game or application I've tried has worked flawlessly thus far. 

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

• 2 weeks later...

How do we connect the dummy monitors to hyper-v? It wont show me an option to do so

• 2 weeks later...

Can you play on this VM WITHOUT using Parsec ?

I'm having so low FPS when using the VM directly from the host.

We both play in the same room

On 6/11/2022 at 10:33 AM, Natris said:

How do we connect the dummy monitors to hyper-v? It wont show me an option to do so

The easiest way to solve this issue is to just use a virtual USB monitor (not only do you no longer have to worry about passing through the dummy plug but it's a free solution).

The downside is that if you re-open the VM instance on your host you'll have to uninstall and reinstall the virtual device, but that only takes a minute.

On 6/23/2022 at 2:07 PM, inShane said:

I'm having so low FPS when using the VM directly from the host.

Did you cap the FPS of your host machine? If not GPU-P will, by default, dedicate all of the resources to that instance if you're using both concurrently.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

On 6/25/2022 at 10:06 AM, Amaranth said:

The easiest way to solve this issue is to just use a virtual USB monitor (not only do you no longer have to worry about passing through the dummy plug but it's a free solution).

The downside is that if you re-open the VM instance on your host you'll have to uninstall and reinstall the virtual device, but that only takes a minute.

Did you cap the FPS of your host machine? If not GPU-P will, by default, dedicate all of the resources to that instance if you're using both concurrently.

I mean I have low FPS even not in game, Windows it self is laggy. 

16 hours ago, inShane said:

I mean I have low FPS even not in game, Windows it self is laggy. 

How many cores did you allocate to the VM? By default Hyper-V only assigns one and so if you haven't adjusted that you'll see horrible performance.

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

9 hours ago, Amaranth said:

How many cores did you allocate to the VM? By default Hyper-V only assigns one and so if you haven't adjusted that you'll see horrible performance.

8 cores, I think it has something to do with the display adapter. Because when using Parsec, Windows isn't laggy.
I can't even change resolution settings when using the VM directly from the host (without Parsec)

2 minutes ago, inShane said:

8 cores, I think it has something to do with the display adapter. Because when using Parsec, Windows isn't laggy.
I can't even change resolution settings when using the VM directly from the host (without Parsec)

Ok I activated the Microsoft Hyper V Video adapter and now it's not laggy anymore.

On another subject, did someone succesfully run Valorant in a VM ?