Nvidia tried so hard to stop this

BellLMG

Any chance something like this could work with ESXi?

"There is probably a special circle of Hell reserved for people who force software into a role it was never designed for."
- Radium_Angel

what if i install win 11 pro on a partition but don't want to buy a license because i prefer to daily drive win 10? is it possible to do this without activating windows?

This looks totally possible with ESXi using vSGA.

Grab a Tesla M10 GPU with 32GB of vRAM and it should work.  Looks like it is limited to DirectX 11, and Lord only knows how much VMWare would charge in licensing.  But it seems possible.

"There is probably a special circle of Hell reserved for people who force software into a role it was never designed for."
- Radium_Angel

INFO : Looking for the requested Windows image in the WIM file
ERROR : The parameter is incorrect.
log just says that it does not specify which param is incorrect
params:

$params = @{
    VMName = "GPUP"
    SourcePath = "C:\Win11_EnglishInternational_x64.iso"
    Edition    = 6
    VhdFormat  = "VHDX"
    DiskLayout = "UEFI"
    SizeBytes  = 70GB
    MemoryAmount = 4GB
    CPUCores = 4
    NetworkSwitch = "Default Switch"
    UnattendPath = "$PSScriptRoot"+"\autounattend.xml"
    GPUName = "AUTO"
    GPUResourceAllocationPercentage = 50
    Team_ID = "0"
    Key = "0"
    Username = "GPUVM"
    Password = "CoolestPassword!"
    Autologon = "true"
}

Hey guys I need some help. I followed the tutorial but I'm having an issue where parsec just shows a black screen (Bitrate at 0, encoding and decoding at 0). Parsec just isn't communicating with the VM for some reason.

Somehow, on Sunday I was having the same issue but it randomly started working after some hours of troubleshooting. Didn't find out what solved it. Tried reinstalling the driver with the script several times, disabling one of my monitors, changing encoders, codecs, etc.

Left the PC on during the night, and on the next afternoon it was back to showing just a black screen. Anyone has any idea what might be happening here?

I'm using Win 11 on both machines (Host and VM) a 3080 and the latest GPU drivers (Just updated to 511.17 but the problem still remains)

It happens either with my second parsec account trying to join locally or my friends' remotely

A screenshot of the issue

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e6bc06af898863f0ffcce1fe94e59727.png

Hello people.

I setup a VM on my Windows 10 and i want to use it locally.
So i have 2 gamers with 2 different keyboards, mice, monitors with included speakers.
But i can't understand how to setup audio so each gamer have the sound from his own OS.
Can someone guide me how to do it?

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english knowledge. English is not my native language.

On 1/10/2022 at 1:13 PM, Stahlmann said:

Wait, they still exist? I've never seen one in person. But maybe they're just not a thing in europe, or just germany for that matter.

Definitely more rare here but some are around. I think internet cafes and arcades are more widespread in Asia.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

17 hours ago, LLuna said:

INFO : Looking for the requested Windows image in the WIM file
ERROR : The parameter is incorrect.
log just says that it does not specify which param is incorrect
params:

$params = @{
    VMName = "GPUP"
    SourcePath = "C:\Win11_EnglishInternational_x64.iso"
    Edition    = 6
    VhdFormat  = "VHDX"
    DiskLayout = "UEFI"
    SizeBytes  = 70GB
    MemoryAmount = 4GB
    CPUCores = 4
    NetworkSwitch = "Default Switch"
    UnattendPath = "$PSScriptRoot"+"\autounattend.xml"
    GPUName = "AUTO"
    GPUResourceAllocationPercentage = 50
    Team_ID = "0"
    Key = "0"
    Username = "GPUVM"
    Password = "CoolestPassword!"
    Autologon = "true"
}

go to this git hub. it is the official gpu p. from first glance i think your team id and key should be blank or with a proper key and not just 0.

I`ve managed to create the VM successfully. Now i'm trying to download stuff in it but the internet speed is absolutely slow, like 20kbps max. I've looked it up ("hyperv guest internet slow") and found some stuff about disabling a VMQ option on broadband network adapters, but neither my adapter is broadband, nor i have a VMQ option to disable there. I've disabled VMQ on the VM network settings, but to no avail. anyone also had this problem?

15 hours ago, Yngwiedis said:

Hello people.

So i have 2 gamers with 2 different keyboards, mice, monitors with included speakers.
But i can't understand how to setup audio so each gamer have the sound from his own OS.

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english knowledge. English is not my native language.

you need a virtual audio driver.
try downloading the vb cable driver from this google drive. after that you the parsec client should be able to hear everything from the VM while the host doesn't (it doesn't work with the hyper-v local connection)

48 minutes ago, charloalberto said:

I`ve managed to create the VM successfully. Now i'm trying to download stuff in it but the internet speed is absolutely slow, like 20kbps max. I've looked it up ("hyperv guest internet slow") and found some stuff about disabling a VMQ option on broadband network adapters, but neither my adapter is broadband, nor i have a VMQ option to disable there. I've disabled VMQ on the VM network settings, but to no avail. anyone also had this problem?

earlier in the thread there is a video that shows how to make an external vm adapter which is not the default one and it worked great for me(10Mbps). then you go the the vm settings and change the adapter to the new one

5 hours ago, Noamazia said:

go to this git hub. it is the official gpu p. from first glance i think your team id and key should be blank or with a proper key and not just 0.

i checked it and tried again its gives same error

I'm wondering right now.

Is it possible to enable DLSS? Raytracing works, but I can never get DLSS option to show up.

8 hours ago, Noamazia said:

you need a virtual audio driver.
try downloading the vb cable driver from this google drive. after that you the parsec client should be able to hear everything from the VM while the host doesn't (it doesn't work with the hyper-v local connection)

I already wrote that i want to use it locally.

Anyway, thank you very much for your answer.

Downloaded copy of win10 with rufus still having issues with iso..

PS C:\Windows\system32> C:\Users\Winuser\Desktop\Downloaded\CopyFilesToVM.ps1
Mount-DiskImage : The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. 
At C:\Users\Winuser\Desktop\Downloaded\CopyFilesToVM.ps1:34 char:20
+     $mountResult = Mount-DiskImage $SourcePath -PassThru
+                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_DiskImage:ROOT/Microsoft/.../MSFT_DiskImage) [Mount-DiskImage], CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x8007007b,Mount-DiskImage

Dismount-DiskImage : Cannot bind argument to parameter 'DevicePath' because it is null.
At C:\Users\Oldsy\Desktop\Downloaded\CopyFilesToVM.ps1:37 char:36
+     Dismount-DiskImage -DevicePath $mountResult.DevicePath | Out-Null
+                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Dismount-DiskImage], ParameterBindingValidationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ParameterArgumentValidationErrorNullNotAllowed,Dismount-DiskImage

Script failed params check due to the following reasons:
ERROR: ISO Path Invalid. Please enter a valid ISO Path in the SourcePath section of Params.
ERROR: This ISO is invalid, please check readme for ISO downloading instructions.

PS C:\Windows\system32> 

14 hours ago, Yngwiedis said:

I already wrote that i want to use it locally.

Anyway, thank you very much for your answer.

Let me see if I understand. You have 1 machine and you want to play on the host and virtual machine on two monitors using the host as client connecting to the virtual machine, connecting to itself?

Try this, plug in a headset in the front of the machine and one in the back. Then use the windows "Sound mixer options" to select one of the two (front or back connection, the opposite of your default) for Parsec and the other leave default.

But how did you, or intend to, pass through the second keyboard and mouse?

Network USB hub?

https://www.net-usb.com/usb-over-ethernet-system/best-usb-over-ethernet-solutions/ something here might work.

This is actually a cool idea. You can basically have multiple monitors connected and mice and keyboards to one PC, even using USB->HDMI would work. Although I'm not sure if you can run multiple instances of parsec. Might require parsec warp or higher tier.

EDIT: Aha, this solution might work

https://www.reddit.com/r/ParsecGaming/comments/qkjvw5/parsec_to_two_hosts_from_one_client/

i got this error when trying to run the PreCheck.ps1

can anyone help me with what went wrong?

image.thumb.png.6cb64b75e47205ab20baddbe7c7ff9fa.png

5 minutes ago, pipps17 said:

i got this error when trying to run the PreCheck.ps1

can anyone help me with what went wrong?

image.thumb.png.6cb64b75e47205ab20baddbe7c7ff9fa.png

Run PowerShell as admin.

2 minutes ago, Tom Tom said:

Run PowerShell as admin.

i did i found the issue, there was a typo when i was setting execution to unrestricted, sorry

Did some one have success with open GL application ? It work great with directX but no luck with OpenGL. You can try furmMax

On 1/12/2022 at 2:04 AM, igormp said:

Are you aware that you bought an empty box?

No the guy said it was a RTX 3090 graphic card.  Still waiting on delivery.  Sorry for my ignorance what do you mean "empty box"?

30 minutes ago, JacksonBeginner said:

No the guy said it was a RTX 3090 graphic card.  Still waiting on delivery.  Sorry for my ignorance what do you mean "empty box"?

It has been sold for less than 5x the MSRP price, which you can't find at all on the internet, since they usually go for 2x the MSRP, so you bought something for 10x less the market price, and it literally says in the title "GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3090 XTREME 24GB BOX"

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

Hello, I built myself a VM following the tutorial but when I first restarted it the resolution got stuck at 1024 x 768.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue pleaseimage.thumb.png.8e5f5bf00154e92a51b5161d7189d725.png

2 hours ago, Tripalium said:

Did some one have success with open GL application ? It work great with directX but no luck with OpenGL. You can try furmMax

im having the same issue. my partner cant run minecraft java.

did you find a solution?

On 1/11/2022 at 6:16 PM, Yngwiedis said:

Hello people.

Easiest way is to buy a usb audio cart and past this usb device to your VM 

Sabrent USB External Sound Adapter AU-MMSA USB-AUDD (2.1) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_5BHQX5FJ7CQVNTNCGE50