I know you all will have the answer Please I REALLY need to know!

Robert951King

Is the youtuber named Terresa from Morgonaut.cloud is she for real or like a scam televangelist?? She claims to make hackintosh builds running virtually on one pc running windows and macOS side by side in a VM in parallel not one on top of the other. Please she's seeming to talk about it, says she's going to show you how. but, well I still don't know how to do it. And she pushes you to join her PC repair service over skype call and while she controls your PC remotely. for $50 and $100 a month to receive one hour a month fact to face with here fixing your PC via skype and remote connection. She mentions Linus's videos referencing when he and Anthony mad a hackintosh on any PC. Says he made it so difficult, and she has new way to make hackintosh etc. But I still haven't seen what to do. please help me I hear the people on here are the best of help. here is a link to one of her "video tutorials" 

8 minutes ago, Robert951King said:

She claims to make hackintosh builds running virtually on one pc running windows and macOS side by side in a VM in parallel not one on top of the other.

This is possible.

8 minutes ago, Robert951King said:

And she pushes you to join her PC repair service over skype call and while she controls your PC remotely. for $50 and $100 a month to receive one hour a month fact to face with here fixing your PC via skype and remote connection.

Sounds scammy. I wouldnt do it personally.

We do have some hackintosh community here, a simple hackintosh search of the forum will provide you with many posted topics on the subject if your interested.

https://linustechtips.com/search/?q=hackintosh&quick=1

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I haven't seen that video, but I do know that virtualizing Mac OS is really not that difficult. Heck, if I cared enough, I could set it up in about 10 minutes on my laptop. There are a ton of scripts out there that make installing Mac OS in a VM very quick. Sosumi (pronounced "so sue me," gotta love nerds naming things) is a script that (at least on Ubuntu-based distros, or anything with snap setup) is one command to install and run the VM. It's a bit more convoluted to setup multiple cores, more RAM, and GPU passthrough, but it works out of the box really well. 

Snazzy Labs I know did a video on this subject a while ago, including going into more detail about all the major scripts out there and their pros and cons. He isn't trying to sell you anything sketchy, so I'd probably trust him a bit more. 

As for the whole remote repair service, I wouldn't be surprised if it was legit, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. I'd probably find another tutorial from another place for how to set it up. 

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Sosumi (pronounced "so sue me," gotta love nerds naming things)

Fun fact, that wasn't because of nerds naming it. It's a callback to the Sosumi sound effect on OS X, because when the creator originally proposed it it was under potential copyright. The author (I forget his name) said "So sue me!", and thus the name was born.

elephants

I would not recommend paying for her services. I've had several online discussions with her at different times, and in private she is extremely condescending, even when discussing something I'm very knowledgeable about. Yes, she may know what she's talking about when it comes to building a Hackintosh, but I wouldn't want to willingly work with someone like her. Being called a bitch and an asshole during the course of one conversation isn't the kind of thing an actual professional would do. 

The things she is talking about are things you can do yourself with some time and effort. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Yea I never planned to pay her for anything. Heads up she's going to do the Hackintosh Livestream. When I don't know, but her posted video stating this was 11 days ago. Ever since I posted my topic, I've been researching bare-metal hypervisors. I'm going to try the VMware vSphere Hypervisor See what all this is about.  Hey BondiBlue I can see her being exactly as you describe. I was reading her Terms of Service policy and its funny how its written. Basically, she creates secret private rooms you must keep private and not tell anyone about its existence or else!! And it's all on you! you to upgrade your membership, on you to cancel it, or update card info. She states she has nothing to do with how you handle your subscription to her tech support!!! LoL if it's really sold out then she's got a lot of people tricked.

I'm running a Hackintosh on a Core i5-4460 on a Gigabyte B85M-D3V Motherboard 12GB DDR3 in the integrated Intel graphics, running Catalina. Id like to get at least Big Sur on it. But the OS build i downloaded did it all automatically all I did was install it like it was on real mac. but the Big Sur verson they offer doesn't come with the stuff setup like it was on Catalina, so I don't know what to do:( And my PC is Ryzen 5 3600XT GTX 1060 32GB DDR4 Cheers everyone and thank you for the feedback.

I used the Niresh-Catalina Hackintosh 🙂

I would not touch that with a 10 and a half foot pole.

I think the money-for-her-time scheme she is trying to sell is a bit... familiar... to other unnamed social media sites. 

4 minutes ago, Robert951King said:

Hey BondiBlue I can see her being exactly as you describe. I was reading her Terms of Service policy and its funny how its written. Basically, she creates secret private rooms you must keep private and not tell anyone about its existence or else!! And it's all on you! you to upgrade your membership, on you to cancel it, or update card info. She states she has nothing to do with how you handle your subscription to her tech support!!! LoL if it's really sold out then she's got a lot of people tricked.

Oh trust me, there's more that I know of that I don't feel comfortable sharing online. How anyone actually pays her and puts up with her attitude is beyond me. 

5 minutes ago, Robert951King said:

And my PC is Ryzen 5 3600XT GTX 1060 32GB DDR4

Just a heads up - your GPU doesn't support anything newer than macOS High Sierra. You can't use it with Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, or any newer versions unfortunately. For newer hardware you'll want to use an AMD GPU. They're natively supported by Apple. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Oh, the GTX isn't in the Hackintosh. I am using the Intel 4600 IG. I know to get Big Sur on the hack I got to lie about its Model Identifier or something?? there's a workaround??

9 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

This is possible.

Sounds scammy. I wouldnt do it personally.

We do have some hackintosh community here, a simple hackintosh search of the forum will provide you with many posted topics on the subject if your interested.

https://linustechtips.com/search/?q=hackintosh&quick=1

Personally, I wouldn't allow anyone to remotely gain control of my computer. 

10 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

Fun fact, that wasn't because of nerds naming it. It's a callback to the Sosumi sound effect on OS X, because when the creator originally proposed it it was under potential copyright. The author (I forget his name) said "So sue me!", and thus the name was born.

No, not quite so. Is goes back a lot longer that that and it is a reference to the legal battle between Apple Inc and Apple Corps (The Beatles).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sosumi

Sosumi is an alert sound introduced by Jim Reekes in Apple Inc.'s Macintosh System 7 operating system in 1991. The name is derived from the phrase "so, sue me!" because of a long running court battle with Apple Corps, the similarly named music company, regarding the use of music in Apple Inc.'s computer products.

During the development of System 7, the two companies concluded a settlement agreement from an earlier dispute when Apple added a sound synthesis chip to its Apple IIGS machine.[6] As a result, Apple Computer was prohibited from using its trademark on "creative works whose principal content is music".

When new sounds for System 7 were created, the sounds were reviewed by Apple's Legal Department who objected that the new sound alert "chime" had a name that was "too musical", under the recent settlement. Jim Reekes, the creator of the new sound alerts for System 7, had grown frustrated with the legal scrutiny and first quipped it should be named "Let It Beep", a pun on "Let It Be". When someone remarked that that would not pass the Legal Department's approval, he remarked, "so sue me". After a brief reflection, he resubmitted the sound's name as sosumi (a homophone of "so sue me"). Careful to submit it in written form rather than spoken form to avoid pronunciation, he told the Legal Department that the name was Japanese and had nothing to do with music.[7][8][9]

16 hours ago, Robert951King said:

She mentions Linus's videos referencing when he and Anthony mad a hackintosh on any PC. Says he made it so difficult, and she has new way to make hackintosh etc. But I still haven't seen what to do.

Hmm I took a look and I think I completely understand what you mean. A bit of video bashing from my side from what I could tell:

Spoiler
  • Her video is marked #ad for some reason. Probably for that service of hers
  • Both LTT and her solution is a VM
  • Both just have dedicated hardware to those specific VMs that are routed through a KVM for LTT or simply connected to different display inputs in her case
  • Talking about LTT's solution: 2:04 "it was so complicated nobody understood the way they did it"
    Talking about her solution: 3:23 "this whole solution is so complex, so I worry a little bit if I will be able to introduce to you all benefits and features"
  • 3:50-8:30 goes on about assigning cores and hardware, why VMs and disk images are great etc. Fine, but not explaining anything about her solution really
  • 8:37 "yes, my monster is running on ZFS" - Ok, for some reason using a ZFS file system is amazing? Not saying ZFS is bad, it just makes it sound this is some magical achievement. Is ZFS notorious for not liking VMs or shared stuff or something like that?
  • 9:30-11:30 bunch of disk benchmarks that are "simply insanely good".
    <I started to give up a bit here>
  • 15:15 does the same as LTT.
    LTT - browse then game, then check footage
    Morg - start a render and play a game

Description: "You don't need Windows 10 gaming PC, Macintosh or Hackintosh for work or fun or Linux workstation, separate NAS, separate server... My all in one solution is all you need :)"

Yeah no. I like my separate NAS and servers. Some things are kept separate for good reason.

At this point I completely gave up and just hopped through the last bit, because it just continued about how amazing VMs are yet not a single word about her "solution". Within 10 minutes LTT touched on what they did, a brief touch on the stuff they used to do it and demonstrated the solution in action. This video felt like "VMs are amazing" on repeat for 30 minutes without a single mention of what the solution entails. I gotta hand it to her foresight. For me the video indeed failed to introduce all benefits and features.

Like you said she doesn't show anything but some benchmarks. I didn't even hear software that was used mentioned and had to go to the comments that it's Proxmox? Even the alleged new follow up video only names the "old way" and nothing about the "new way". Even if the service was legit, you could totally actually explain what you are doing somewhat. This just feels like trying to sell you that service without disclosing what it is you are buying. And then the comment section where anything that isn't praise gets answered condescendingly.

Now I know that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but what I've seen combined given a quick look about the reputation of the channel makes it feel a little scammy to me; like security through obscurity. It feels like a tech Tell Sell where all you hear is how great the "solution" is, but never what the actual solution is. Well, not really, at least Tell Sell showed you the product.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

14 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Personally, I wouldn't allow anyone to remotely gain control of my computer. 

Not sure why you're quoting me... I dont allow anyone to touch let alone remote in to my network/pc.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 1/7/2022 at 5:30 AM, danomicar said:

I think the money-for-her-time scheme she is trying to sell is a bit... familiar... to other unnamed social media sites. 

Yeap, like Twitter! 👀 

On 1/7/2022 at 4:16 AM, Robert951King said:

here is a link to one of her "video tutorials" 

look, i think its cool you're into this hackintosh thing, but nah, im not gonna click this, and you shouldn't either,  i bet there are better channels,  and without offering sketchy services.  be more careful with what you click and good luck. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

29 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

look, i think its cool you're into this hackintosh thing, but nah, im not gonna click this, and you shouldn't either

It's literally a YouTube video on the channel they're asking about...

5 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

It's literally a YouTube video on the channel they're asking about...

which tries to make watchers give the uploader money to *access their pc*. do you not see how sketchy this is?

so, no, you shouldn't click this, you're free to do so though of course! 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

which tries to make watchers give the uploader money to *access their pc*. do you not see how sketchy this is?

so, no, you shouldn't click this, you're free to do so though of course! 

If you look back at the beginning of this thread I commented saying I have had personal experiences with this person. Of course I know how sketchy it is. I just find it odd that you think it's sketchy for OP to include a link to a video in a post that is asking specifically about the video and the associated channel. If they didn't tell us what channel they're asking about then how could we have given them helpful information? The link itself is just a YouTube video though. There's nothing wrong with clicking on it besides the fact that it's full of nonsense advertising.

17 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

you look back at the beginning of this thread I commented saying I have had personal experiences with this person

i just read that, this is of course of interest for the op, but doesn't have directly anything to do with what i said?

I just find it odd that you think it's sketchy for OP to include a link to a video in a post that is asking specifically about

which i didn't say, i said its sketchy and thats why they shouldn't click it,  or anyone else for this matter, and if i understand it correctly,  op is asking about our opinion. 

There's nothing wrong with clicking on it besides the fact that it's full of nonsense advertising.

pretty sure yt still counts clicks, so technically its promoting the video, which i obviously would not think is a good idea. (plus the advertising nonsense) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Not sure why you're quoting me... I dont allow anyone to touch let alone remote in to my network/pc.

I forget to add the word "either".

As in, I wouldn't allow anyone to remotely gain control of my computer either.

I was agreeing with you.

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2022 at 7:51 PM, BondiBlue said:

I would not recommend paying for her services. I've had several online discussions with her at different times, and in private she is extremely condescending, even when discussing something I'm very knowledgeable about. Yes, she may know what she's talking about when it comes to building a Hackintosh, but I wouldn't want to willingly work with someone like her. Being called a bitch and an asshole during the course of one conversation isn't the kind of thing an actual professional would do. 

The things she is talking about are things you can do yourself with some time and effort. 

I want to validate that I had the exact same experience. She was extremely condescending. After she had my money, I was called an idiot, moron and worse. When I called her out on her rude and unprofessional behavior, she proceeded to act a victim. Frankly I don't know what her deal is, but she shouldn't be dealing with clients. Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but it needs to be documented in places where it will have visibility.