How is the Samsung G9 Neo state of QC?

GER_T4IGA

I am a little out of the loop. Since it is out for a while now, are most of them issue, like scan lines, calibration/tone mapping issue fixed?

Does it work fine with a 2080Ti via Displayport or do I need to worry about anything? I will also use it to work from home with a device unlikely to be better than HDMI 2.0. 

For completeness: I am contemplating buying one. I currently have a 1440p165 Acer XB270HU and I would like more screen space. I kinda don't want to go back to deal monitor - tripple could work but is a bit ridiculous space wise.  
I was also considering the LG 38GN950 and 27GN950 but available is terrible. I can get the G9 Neo locally for 1900€ which seems steep the more I think about it ... 

Any kind of advice is appreciated, but preferably from personal experience with a G9 (Neo). 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

if you question about buying it, then don't.

While I'm not sure if some of those issues can be fixed or have been.

Also what are you mostly looking forward to? more screen or a good screen?

Mini-LED can still be pretty cool, but if QD becomes a thing (likely better OLED tech) and might have to see the price.

Else you would go by single monitors in dual setups or buying an TV (which often doesn't go below 40-50" with top tier spec, unless its a "gaming TV")

ugh samsung G9. People had better experience with the regular displays.

Techtesters - My Samsung Neo G9 Experience

Hardware unboxed, some fixed but also still many issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T7pogOgS_M

Edited by Quackers101
Added H.Unboxed

Samsung and Dell/Alienware just announced 34" QD-OLED monitors coming in the next few months. These are what i'd be looking at if i'm buying into the high-end monitor market atm.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

if you question about buying it, then don't.

While I'm not sure if some of those issues can be fixed or have been.

Also what are you mostly looking forward to? more screen or a good screen?

Mini-LED can still be pretty cool, but if QD becomes a thing (likely better OLED tech) and might have to see the price.

Else you would go by single monitors in dual setups or buying an TV (which often doesn't go below 40-50" with top tier spec, unless its a "gaming TV")

ugh samsung G9. People had better experience with the regular displays.

Techtesters - My Samsung Neo G9 Experience

Hardware unboxed, some fixed but also still many issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T7pogOgS_M

From looking at 32" 16:9 which I had previously considered as a 4k option I found that to be to large, to comfortably see the whole screen so 40 or 50 inch is off the table. I have a TV at my disposal if I want to use it and I don't think the massive height of even a 40" would do me well on my desk.

I am currently watching the HW unboxed video and the HDR issue seems to be mostly fixed and moreover 3 months have passed since. OK, watching more of the techtesters video amde it souind really grim.

I hope QD OLED by Samsung isn't even more expensive or the same QC desaster. Then it might be worth considering.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

30 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

I hope QD OLED by Samsung isn't even more expensive or the same QC desaster. Then it might be worth considering.

curved? maybe not. but QD might in some areas be easier in some areas than a complete mini-LED system over a broad screen with zones.

Compared to QD and it more direct usage without some of the processing and such, as for lifetime or how good and the price? not sure.

Curved might have issues or perfectly fine for curves and scales. Do wonder about how they will keep said QD and in the right quality every time?

Maybe they do have a solution for it and it's pretty good overall and if it actually is better than OLED long term?

seems like they in general accept 3 years life span?

Edited by Quackers101

7 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

curved? maybe not. but QD might in some areas be easier in some areas than a complete mini-LED system over a broad screen with zones.

Compared to QD and it more direct usage without some of the processing and such,

What exactly do you mean by that?

7 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

as for lifetime or how good and the price? not sure.

Curved might have issues or perfectly fine for curves and scales. Do wonder about how they will keep said QD and in the right quality every time?

Maybe they do have a solution for it and it's pretty good overall and if it actually is better than OLED long term?

seems like they in general accept 3 years life span?

Quantum Dots can be manufactured with extreme precision so i'd say the QD quality is the least of Samsung's concerns. First off they have to make sure their launch firmware is not in a buggy state like with every other high-end launch they had recently. And warranty is not the same as expected lifespan. Pretty much all electronics you can buy have a substantially longer average life span than warranty. But seeing as Dell is ready to give a 3 year warranty INCLUDING burn-in protection on a PC monitor it seems to me they're pretty confident to have figured it out to the point where it isn't a problem. We shouldn't kid ourselves, if these QD-OLED displays will perform anywhere close to what they're advertised as then they will be a chart topper in pretty much every regard. This will also include pricing.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

10 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

What exactly do you mean by that?

Quantum Dots can be manufactured with extreme precision so i'd say the QD quality is the least of Samsung's concerns. First off they have to make sure their launch firmware is not in a buggy state like with every other high-end launch they had recently. And warranty is not the same as expected lifespan.

Not fully sure about how good it will be, and that they aren't quite out yet. Could be new bugs or issues, but if it's quite similar or sort of similar to QLED (Quantum Dot) filters? or if this is more of a focus on the OLED lights behind the filters. just confused myself, I guess. But like they stated in the videos, in reduced management of voltage with only one color behind the filters?

3 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

but if it's quite similar or sort of similar to QLED (Quantum Dot) filters? or if this is more of a focus on the OLED lights behind the filters.

It is a completely different technology to both QLED LCD displays and current OLED displays using LG's WOLED panels.

39 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

It is a completely different technology to both QLED LCD displays and current OLED displays using LG's WOLED panels.

I mean about the filters.

Like aren't they sort of similar, not talking about the LCD part.

As in, not completely different but improved version of both?

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/what-is-qd-oled-samsungs-next-gen-tv-display-explained

Samsung's hybrid QD-OLED technology combines the best aspects of two major innovations in display technology, pairing the crispness and pixel-perfect contrast of OLED with the boosted brightness and expanded color that quantum-dot technology delivers. The result is a best-of-both-worlds display that offers the impeccable quality of OLED without sacrificing the superior brightness and color that QLED TVs offer.

TV tech. The future of TVs explained | How much better can TVs get?

https://youtu.be/tI11ocNnk10?t=230