Motherboard BIOS actuality

Go to solution Solved by SpookyCitrus,

As long as it is fresh stock it should be newly manufactured. You can contact the seller on Amazon before you order it and make sure. They should know what bios updates the boards are equiped with or at least when they were received. A lot of even new stock hasn't had the bios updates for the 5600G or 5700G so I'd get something with a bios flash button and USB slot so you can update the motherboard bios without having a CPU installed. Otherwise make sure you contact the seller first, or have a 3rd or 2nd Gen CPU on hand to do the update with.

I am thinking about building an APU-desktop using the ryzen 5600g and an asrock b550m-hdv, however my question isn't reserved for this processor. 

Because the B550 motherboards came out before the launch of the ryzen 5000 series nevermind the 5000g series, i need a motherboard with BIOS-version 1.70 wich was introduced on the 5. march 2021. 

Will I get a new enough BIOS when purchasing the motherboard from Amazon? In store purchase isn't really an option (except this is a major benefit) because here in Switzerland we don't have that many computer stores in my area. 

What age of an BIOS should I generally expect when buying a motherboard...

Thanks for your help!!

PS: Yes I'm aware that 12th gen intel is a better choice when b660 motherboards are out. This PC is also for my grandfather who doesn't need much GPU-performance.

If I could help you, please mark my comment as "Solution"!

You never know with Amazon. The motherboard should ship with the latest bios, but it may have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

If you know someone with a 3000 series cpu you can borrow,  you can update the the bios yourself. Many people have even reported being able to boot b550 boards with 1st and 2nd gen CPUs but it's not guaranteed.

MSI and Gigabyte make some motherboards with bios flashback that can update the bios without a CPU

As long as it is fresh stock it should be newly manufactured. You can contact the seller on Amazon before you order it and make sure. They should know what bios updates the boards are equiped with or at least when they were received. A lot of even new stock hasn't had the bios updates for the 5600G or 5700G so I'd get something with a bios flash button and USB slot so you can update the motherboard bios without having a CPU installed. Otherwise make sure you contact the seller first, or have a 3rd or 2nd Gen CPU on hand to do the update with.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |