Can't update Aorus FI32U monitor firmware

Go to solution Solved by TinyMito,

Remove all the USB devices except your monitor, keyboard and mouse. Try again.

My Razer Charging Dock was mixing into the monitor OSD app cause the same problem at detecting my monitor for firmware update. I have the M32U.

As soon I removed that Razer Charging Dock; everything works.

Hi. I'm trying to update my monitor to the latest firmware version (F06), but everytime I get a "firmware download fail" message, sometimes after 30 sec, 90 sec, or 180 sec; can't make it past that. Did anyone have a similar situtation? Any ideas how to solve it? And I can only try to upgrade it through OSD Sidekick, but everytime fails, then I have to pull out the power cord from the monitor  for a few sec .to make it work again. It's currently connected via DP; would HDMI make any difference regarding the update? Or changing the system language to english?

untitled.jpg

You need to have a USB connection. You cannot update firmware through HDMI or DP.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

It is USB connected as well, otherwise OSD Sidekick won't start.

6 minutes ago, JayJayJedi said:

It is USB connected as well, otherwise OSD Sidekick won't start.

Did you manually download the firmware file and use that or does the app download the file?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

35 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Did you manually download the firmware file and use that or does the app download the file?

Manually, that is the only available option....I didn't see any AUTO-UPDATE button...

1 minute ago, JayJayJedi said:

Manually, that is the only available option....I didn't see any AUTO-UPDATE button...

Maybe try reinstalling the OSD sidekick software.

Would a region make any difference? Does it matter if it's downloaded from a global site or a certain region? On Aorus website there's only F02 version, while on the Gigabyte's website, there are both, F02 & F06.

36 minutes ago, JayJayJedi said:

Would a region make any difference? Does it matter if it's downloaded from a global site or a certain region? On Aorus website there's only F02 version, while on the Gigabyte's website, there are both, F02 & F06.

Just gigabyte doing their thing.

I'd get the newer version.

Would you have to unplug all HDMI cables from the monitor and only use the usb cable to update? I got the monitor last night and it kept giving me a black screen. Forums said to update the firmware but OSD won't open. I click it to run the program but nothing happens. 

I've tried almost everything so far, and yet nothing's changed. Downloaded from Aorous' global website, then Gigabyte's (Global) & Gigabyte's (Slovenian).....installed OSD with admin rights, still no improvements 🤬

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

My Razer Charging Dock was mixing into the monitor OSD app cause the same problem at detecting my monitor for firmware update. I have the M32U.

MacBook Pro 14 M1 Pro 10 Cores | 16GB | 1TB SSD 👨‍💻

Custom PC Ncase M1 | 11900K | 32GB RAM | Nvidia RTX 3080 FE 🎮

Plex Server Ubuntu 21 | AMD Phenom II X4 965 | 12GB RAM | 17TB SSD & HDD 💽

Stuff Q1 Knob QMK | Naga Pro | M32U 4K 144Hz | Fujifilm X100V 🇯🇵

I've tried something else....I've connected the display to another PC, via hdmi..it worked, took about 11mins....but , when I connected it back via displayport to my main pc....it can only run at 60hz max??! Should I revert back to F02 ?

With Radeon RX 580 I could easily set it to 3840x2160  (120hz) & 2560x1440 (144hz), but after the update 2560x1440 works fine, but 3840x2160 can only go up to 60hz ?!

11 hours ago, TinyMito said:

Thanks, worked like a charm....I had 3 external drives connected, unplugged & everything worked fine. But after consideration, I've decided to go back to F02 version, surely F06 adds 5K resolution, but I can't set 4K higher than 60hz on RX 580 as seen in the pictures.

But thanks everyone for your help  👏

f02.png

f06.png

18 hours ago, JayJayJedi said:

USB needs to be plugged in for OSD to work...

Right. But do I need to unplug the HDMI? I have the USB plugged in. I'm not home at the moment but trying to pick some brains to get some ideas to try. The osd downloaded is there and if I unplug the USB then it ask for it. But when I plug them USB in and try to launch,  OSD doesn't do anything. I have changed it to run as administrator and it still doesn't even act like it tries to open. I have uninstalled numerous times and restarted the laptop to reinstall and I am still getting nothing. Also tried to troubleshoot and run with the windows 8 version but didn't do anything. I did try to download a different older version of OSD but still the same thing. Only thing I didn't do was take the HDMI out or do unplugged the monitor and plug it back in. Thank you for your help, no matter if the outcome works or not.

2 hours ago, JayJayJedi said:

Thanks, worked like a charm....I had 3 external drives connected, unplugged & everything worked fine. But after consideration, I've decided to go back to F02 version, surely F06 adds 5K resolution, but I can't set 4K higher than 60hz on RX 580 as seen in the pictures.

But thanks everyone for your help  👏

f02.png

f06.png

I'm glad you got yours up and ready man! Happy for you. I have been chasing just trying to get it to open for 7 hours now. I don't get any error messages just nothing once I double click. Hmm 🤔

34 minutes ago, Jwwells8 said:

I'm glad you got yours up and ready man! Happy for you. I have been chasing just trying to get it to open for 7 hours now. I don't get any error messages just nothing once I double click. Hmm 🤔

Can you put the firmware on a flash drive and use the monitor OSD to update?

8 hours ago, Jwwells8 said:

You need to have USB Upstream cable connected along with either HDMI or DISPLAYPORT cable. If you use just HDMI or DISPLAYPORT without  that USB Upstream cable, OSD Sidekick won't run. And if you want to update firmware, do what I did, plug in mouse & keyboard & monitor via USB (+ HDMI or DISPLAYPORT). I hope this helps. But regarding my yesterday's update experience.....with my card (Radeon RX 580), I got a 5k display option which I couldn't get before, but couldn't get 4k to work at 144hz, only 60, that's why I went back to eariler firmware version. Perhaps it works better on newer cards. I hope this helps.

8 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Can you put the firmware on a flash drive and use the monitor OSD to update?

I don't know actually hmm. I could try that. I'll have to go get one.

1 hour ago, JayJayJedi said:

You need to have USB Upstream cable connected along with either HDMI or DISPLAYPORT cable. If you use just HDMI or DISPLAYPORT without  that USB Upstream cable, OSD Sidekick won't run. And if you want to update firmware, do what I did, plug in mouse & keyboard & monitor via USB (+ HDMI or DISPLAYPORT). I hope this helps. But regarding my yesterday's update experience.....with my card (Radeon RX 580), I got a 5k display option which I couldn't get before, but couldn't get 4k to work at 144hz, only 60, that's why I went back to eariler firmware version. Perhaps it works better on newer cards. I hope this helps.

Ok. I didn't use a mouse as I'm working with an MSI laptop. But yes I have the USB and HDMI plugged in. The program won't launch. Annoying me pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, Jwwells8 said:

Ok. I didn't use a mouse as I'm working with an MSI laptop. But yes I have the USB and HDMI plugged in. The program won't launch. Annoying me pretty bad.

Hmm,  have you tried to disable "duplicate or extended display" option and use only the monitor & try that? Or if that wouldn't work, and if you don't own a desktop pc, ask any of your friends if you could use it just for a firmware update.....that's how I'd probably do it if that was the case. But as I mentioned earlier, I'd put the display just on the monitor & disable laptop display & try just with second display option, see if that works.

1 minute ago, JayJayJedi said:

Hmm,  have you tried to disable "duplicate or extended display" option and use only the monitor & try that? Or if that wouldn't work, and if you don't own a desktop pc, ask any of your friends if you could use it just for a firmware update.....that's how I'd probably do it if that was the case. But as I mentioned earlier, I'd put the display just on the monitor & disable laptop display & try just with second display option, see if that works.

That's a great idea. My wife has a Mac book air but looks like it's only got windows. But yeah I'll disable the laptop f display and try that. If not I'll get sometime else's. Only reason I'm trying to update is because the screen will cut too black for 30 seconds every 10 minutes of use while gaming. Also the updated response time would be an added benefit.

2 minutes ago, Jwwells8 said:

That's a great idea. My wife has a Mac book air but looks like it's only got windows. But yeah I'll disable the laptop f display and try that. If not I'll get sometime else's. Only reason I'm trying to update is because the screen will cut too black for 30 seconds every 10 minutes of use while gaming. Also the updated response time would be an added benefit.

Hmm, could it be that a monitor is set to a certain profile? (standard, gamer, etc...) & has something like some TVs have an ECO Sensor, which sets the display according to the light in the room, etc.....Is this the same model as mine or is it a similar one? 'Cause when I first turned on my monitor a few days ago, it was set to GREEN, a bit darker pic...

3 minutes ago, JayJayJedi said:

Hmm, could it be that a monitor is set to a certain profile? (standard, gamer, etc...) & has something like some TVs have an ECO Sensor, which sets the display according to the light in the room, etc.....Is this the same model as mine or is it a similar one? 'Cause when I first turned on my monitor a few days ago, it was set to GREEN, a bit darker pic...

Same monitor. I know it isn't set up green. But I did change the overdrive to off. But I will look to see if there is a setting that works. 

I've tested it with a Acer Predator a few minutes ago, with all three connectors, but DisplayPort or HDMI worked better than USB-C. Haven't tried updating it via laptop, but I know if I turn off primary display and set it only to external, I get a few higher resolutions available, so prehaps that would work as well with a firmware update. So, I'd try that first, it might work.