Can't update Aorus FI32U monitor firmware

Go to solution Solved by TinyMito,

Remove all the USB devices except your monitor, keyboard and mouse. Try again.

My Razer Charging Dock was mixing into the monitor OSD app cause the same problem at detecting my monitor for firmware update. I have the M32U.

As soon I removed that Razer Charging Dock; everything works.

3 hours ago, JayJayJedi said:

I've tested it with a Acer Predator a few minutes ago, with all three connectors, but DisplayPort or HDMI worked better than USB-C. Haven't tried updating it via laptop, but I know if I turn off primary display and set it only to external, I get a few higher resolutions available, so prehaps that would work as well with a firmware update. So, I'd try that first, it might work.

Dude! You're the man with that only monitor display! Had to just set it to monitor only then reset the laptop and then it opened after 10 to 15 seconds.

13 minutes ago, Jwwells8 said:

Dude! You're the man with that only monitor display! Had to just set it to monitor only then reset the laptop and then it opened after 10 to 15 seconds.

That's cool, glad it worked.

• 11 months later...

Could be worse: if you are, like me, on Linux then you can't upgrade FW at all, as OSD Sidekick won't run.

WORSE: When on Linux, it is even impossible to see which firmware version you are running.

🤯

What an epic fail.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:31 PM, Stolk said:

Could be worse: if you are, like me, on Linux then you can't upgrade FW at all, as OSD Sidekick won't run.

WORSE: When on Linux, it is even impossible to see which firmware version you are running.

🤯

What an epic fail.

Have you tried connecting it to a Windows based system, just for this firmware upgrade?
Would that work?