Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Getting a Z series board with a Xeon only makes sense if he is planning to do SLI or crossfire. Otherwise a H series board would be just as good for the Xeon 1231v3.

I would still recommend the Z series boards with the Xeon as they are built much better then the H series boards and offer a bit more

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Games are becoming threaded much better and becoming more dependent on more  and more cores

Yes, cores.

However, hyperthreading only helps with predictable or repetitive workloads, something that is very useful in rendering video and the like, but has almost no niche in game engines.

The major exceptions are tesselation from 1st generation tesselation pipelines that calculated tesselation using the CPU rather than GPU (which is what all games do now) and repetitive geometry (aka. lazy developers who repeat a huge load of copy/paste game assets in their levels, most common in multiplayer FPS games such as BF4)

BF4 simply combines these two problems (because that's what they are) into one game, and makes hyperthreading look good.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Yes, cores.

However, hyperthreading only helps with predictable or repetitive workloads, something that is very useful in rendering video and the like, but has almost no niche in game engines.

The major exceptions are tesselation from 1st generation tesselation pipelines that calculated tesselation using the CPU rather than GPU (which is what all games do now) and repetitive geometry (aka. lazy developers who repeat a huge load of copy/paste game assets in their levels, most common in multiplayer FPS games such as BF4)

BF4 simply combines these two problems (because that's what they are) into one game, and makes hyperthreading look good.

I don't play BF4 that much and even with the games I do play take advantage of all 8 threads I have, I would personal rather have MORE cores instead of less  but clock faster cores for my usage situation its a per user situation I guess

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I don't play BF4 that much and even with the games I do play take advantage of all 8 threads I have, I would personal rather have MORE cores instead of less  but clock faster cores for my usage situation its a per user situation I guess

I had to overclock my i5 3570k to get higher fps in cs... got to love older games :(

Getting a Z series board with a Xeon only makes sense if he is planning to do SLI or crossfire. Otherwise a H series board would be just as good for the Xeon 1231v3.

I would still recommend the Z series boards with the Xeon as they are built much better then the H series boards and offer a bit more

I was thinking either a 5820k or a 6700k initially. I would like it of the released a 6th gen 6 core. If the did do you think it would be on the same socket as the 6700k?

Then there are the differences on the chippers to consider.

Price is a factor of course but on a scale of one to ten with ten being worried about price I'm on a 5.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I was thinking either a 5820k or a 6700k initially. I would like it of the released a 6th gen 6 core. If the did do you think it would be on the same socket as the 6700k?

Then there are the differences on the chippers to consider.

Flat out don't go and spend 370$ on the 6700k that is way to much for it imo go the 5820k or wait for Q1 next year for broadwell-E

|King Of The Lost|

Flat out don't go and spend 370$ on the 6700k that is way to much for it imo go the 5820k or wait for Q1 next year for broadwell-E

Hmm... Broadwell-e? What should we expect?

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Hmm... Broadwell-e? What should we expect?

Better IPC as far I Know is the main thing

|King Of The Lost|

Better IPC as far I Know is the main thing

Wasn't the IPC improvement from haswell to broadwell something like 2-5%? Waiting for such a minor improvement wouldn't be worth it imo.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Wasn't the IPC improvement from haswell to broadwell something like 2-5%? Waiting for such a minor improvement wouldn't be worth it imo.

Yeah but we are talking about the E series CPU's which will affect the Server environment so it will be much more of an improvement.

I also think the stock PCI-E lanes are gonna be 40 lanes on all the Broadwell-E CPU's as well and a better IMC to handle the 3000+ MHz DDR4 with ease

|King Of The Lost|

But that's fine right? Because All You Need is Kill.

;.. I'll see myself out now.

topsadkek

Their still solidly in the leading position for solar energy however. A rebound should happen.

How diversified is your portfolio right now?

That's what I'm thinking. I'm going to wait until 2:30PM (23 minutes) and buy back in.

To be blunt: It's not. I lost 50% of my capital. :|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

#404errorhazokuueed

No, but really. I fucked up. :| Time to begin the journey back to what I had to start with. Oh, the fun of it all. 

Good thing I'm desensitized to major losses like this. Otherwise, I'd just be too filled with astonishment and immediate regret to do anything productive.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

topsadkek

That's what I'm thinking. I'm going to wait until 2:30PM (23 minutes) and buy back in.

To be blunt: It's not. I lost 50% of my capital. :|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

#404errorhazokuueed

No, but really. I fucked up. :| Time to begin the journey back to what I had to start with. Oh, the fun of it all. 

Good thing I'm desensitized to major losses like this. Otherwise, I'd just be too filled with astonishment and immediate regret to do anything productive.

One of the few things that are good to be desensitized too haha...

8fPMpa4.jpg

Games are becoming threaded much better and becoming more dependent on more and more cores

Armored Warefare beta uses 6 on mine from what I can tell.

underclocked I7 for the price of the of an I5

Fixed.

Halloween. So many people outside. Bleh.

Blarg

Why did you watch/reaD Kodomo no Jikan

For one reason or another, I was recommended to view it a while ago and had it downloaded. I watched though it because I am in the process of clearing out the downloads to see what to keep and what to prohibit from taking any more space on my hard drive.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

gladly staying home and playing Soma instead

----

So I came home the other day and everyone had a pair of trashcans on their driveway

City is rolling out automated garbage collection

these motherfuckers are MASSIVE.

MURIKKA sized trashcans, can probably fit 3 of me or 5 krimsans in there, or a medium sized animal plus my old trashcan.

if I went about dislocating and breaking things, easily more than that.

I shit you not this can is like up to my chest.

Equivalent is cookie monster's mansion. It looks like an industrial sized trashcan.

I could take a picture but I feel like it would be hard to show the size.

Error: 410

I could take a picture but I feel like it would be hard to show the size.

Just use a helping for scale. :P

I'll be roling my DnD dice for monday when the stock market opens in the mean-time. I forgot September is red month. :( ... sigh I forgot so much.

Anyway, moving on, I have to work Saturday. Crap. :<< 

I can play Mugen Souls some though. I need to finish Disgaea too. Cross Edge will have to wait tho. 

What are you guys up to? I won't be going out for halloween. Not interested personally.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Going to electronic party dressed as a greek god or something like that.

Holy shit i'm hyped.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Brownninja don't start don't piss off miku she will come back with a sword while you have a dagger....

why would it be a sword? wouldn't it be celery?

I left nisekoi s2 playing in the background while I was getting some work done.

I never finished S1, but it seems pretty clear it doesn't matter anyway

not like I'm going to let S2 finish either, wasting power and my disk life at this point.

this anime is a load of shit, yet SHAFT makes it so it's in every way a polished turd

FRUSTRATING levels of laziness with this one

nearly praiseworthy of what they're accomplishing (in terms of audience) for the amount of effort being put in here. The entire thing rides on the fact that SHAFT is animating it. 

it's so lazy that it's inspirational; I could move to Japan and become a successful part time writer as a side job between showers, toilet breaks, and pillow thoughts with how inane, shallow, and "filled-with-nothing" this thing.

-------

I think I posted this before but I'm going to post it again because it's is amazing, head bang tier synth. Super rare.

I left nisekoi s2 playing in the background while I was getting some work done.

I never finished S1, but it seems pretty clear it doesn't matter anyway

not like I'm going to let S2 finish either, wasting power and my disk life at this point.

this anime is a load of shit, yet SHAFT makes it so it's in every way a polished turd

FRUSTRATING levels of laziness with this one

nearly praiseworthy of what they're accomplishing (in terms of audience) for the amount of effort being put in here. The entire thing rides on the fact that SHAFT is animating it. 

it's so lazy that it's inspirational; I could move to Japan and become a successful part time writer as a side job between showers, toilet breaks, and pillow thoughts with how inane, shallow, and "filled-with-nothing" this thing.

-------

I think I posted this before but I'm going to post it again because it's is amazing, head bang tier synth. Super rare.

can you link that samurai jack song again? I really want to listen to it but forgot the name. 

Armored Warefare beta uses 6 on mine from what I can tell. Fixed.

Turn the headphones up and you won't hear em xD

Steve

So I started playing Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky because the second one came out and the first went on sale on GOG.

I'm about an hour and a half in. I'm really liking it so far it seems like my style of game.

I started it on hard and am already feeling the difficulty. I'm going to need to do a bit of leveling before I continue with the story I think.

Unrelated to that I found some nice artwork earlier today:

CnlUDAb.png

Fullsize: https://cdn.awwni.me/rg5e.png

Windows 10 likes to spy on you. Protect your Data! Run GNU/Linux!
That One Privacy Guy's VPN Comparison Chart.

Spoiler
Spoiler

|ARCH LINUX| |CPU i5 4690k @ 4.7GHz| |GPU: Asus Strix 390x| |Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mk 2| |RAM: Corsair Veangence Pro 16gb (2x8gb) @2133mhz| |CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i| |PSU: 750w EVGA Supernova 80+ Gold| |Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX(Silver)| |K/B: Pok3r w/ Cherry MX Blues|

Spoiler

|Samsung 250GB 840 EVO: Arch Linux installation.| |Seagate Barracuda 2TB: Mostly Games and stuff related to that. Music and most Media as well.| |Seagate NAS 4TB: Anime and Anime Art-Whoring.| |Seagate 1TB 2.5" SSHD: Arch install on my Thinkpad X220.| |Samsung OEM Lenovo SSD: Windows 8.1 cause I need to play JRPGs some how.|

Spoiler

|Cans: Sennheiser HD 558(Modded)| |Earbuds: Shure SE215| I'm working on expanding this.

can you link that samurai jack song again? I really want to listen to it but forgot the name. 

it wasn't saved to my playlists, fuck you for making me dig through two months of YT history to find it because I was curious too