Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

If that was your conversation partner I would've not even bothered saying anything after seeing what he types up.

It wasn't like that, but it may as well have been. They just repeated themselves 5 times over completely ignoring me and the scientific article. If you had taken any high school physics you'd easily realize where they are just spouting irrelevant nonsense. Summer is here and kids are out talking out of their asses on the internet. I wouldn't be annoyed so much if it was just one or two misinformed, but it's like 10 responses and 15 downvotes by obviously dumb people who are pretending to know anything.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

lel such dank, what if 9/11 is not kill? By the way you're so fucking wrong about what is an extremely elementary principle of forces. You learn this the first week where you would also learn Force = Mass x Acceleration. Also here's a more detailed explanation on this science website that can hardly support itself financially because it doesn't gain ad revenue by writing horrible trash sjw clickbaiting articles that swarms over social media. Such dank, MLG dorito dew doge. How rare is this pepe, so rare! <Insert edgy appeal to social outcasts about how great anarchy would be> Have an upboat!

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

@CatCloud are you down for that?

You haven't been shown the light yet Charger.

the only like I want to see from it is the light that is created when it is burned to the ground.

Next week? Cant.

well then when can you?

Can't? Your a cat on a cloud what can't you do?

agreed cats can do anything they want...

Busy.

I dont really care if I have to do most of the work to get you to actually do it. I will if needed which is how i ended up running the spread sheet and doing the threads myself at one point lol

Fine fine.

PEkBoao.gif

don't give up so fast lol

Don´t worry, ill post it out of the blue one day.

Any idea when you want to do it?

Remember when I posted that screenshot from my physics notes a while back?

That feeling when you correct someone on Reddit about how physics works, cite a source, and they just continue to argue the same thing they were just corrected on as if they have any understanding whilst even going so far as to copy terms you used so they appear knowledgeable.

Comment with a source gets downvoted. Comment that appeals to ignorance gets upvoted. Such is the internet life.

Don't go to a site like Reddit for a conversation. Only a few subreddits I've visited have been anything but a cesspool of wankers wanting to vainly vent about things. Intelligence doesn't enter the equation.

You should be woried the day ill make one

Warning: i wont follow the spreadsheet :D

THIS !

MSI Z97A Gaming7 , 4690k , 2 X MSI 960 4g , 500gb ssd , 7tb of WD hdd storage , EVGA 100G2 , Corsair h100i , 2 X 32" 1440p as I RMAd the 4k ones , CM quickfire .

NOW I'VE LOST IT I KNOW I CAN KILL . TRUTH IS HIDDEN BEYOND THE GATES  IT'S ALL DARKER THAN BLACK .

Don't go to a site like Reddit for a conversation. Only a few subreddits I've visited have been anything but a cesspool of wankers wanting to vainly vent about things. Intelligence doesn't enter the equation.

I find it best just not to go to reddit

Some places on Reddit are fine. I wasted a few hours this morning arguing in YouTube comments section on a Jim Sterling video about gamergate related stuff. Almost every single one of my comments I could wholeheartedly say was genuinely insightful without hurling insults or being inflammatory. I actually tried hard to make a discussion out of things... and then I got called a neo-nazis.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I'll see your Bowling For Soup and raise you a Good Sharlotte .

MSI Z97A Gaming7 , 4690k , 2 X MSI 960 4g , 500gb ssd , 7tb of WD hdd storage , EVGA 100G2 , Corsair h100i , 2 X 32" 1440p as I RMAd the 4k ones , CM quickfire .

NOW I'VE LOST IT I KNOW I CAN KILL . TRUTH IS HIDDEN BEYOND THE GATES  IT'S ALL DARKER THAN BLACK .

Some places on Reddit are fine. I wasted a few hours this morning arguing in YouTube comments section on a Jim Sterling video about gamergate related stuff. Almost every single one of my comments I could wholeheartedly say was genuinely insightful without hurling insults or being inflammatory. I actually tried hard to make a discussion out of things... and then I got called a neo-nazis.

Well, yeah. I didn't say they aren't insightful, just that they don't generally want a conversation. They want to feel right. Trying to engage in a thought-provoking discussion is usually seen as grounds for a shitposting war. Often you can practically hear them screaming "how DARE you question me!" in their responses, like they can't fathom that anyone wouldn't be trolling, but would just want to explore a topic. And God forbid you play the Devil's advocate or something.

d98ff7890accd58fa2284f4e883b7d43.png

man i really wish i could have got hyperdimension

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well, yeah. I didn't say they aren't insightful, just that they don't generally want a conversation. They want to feel right. Trying to engage in a thought-provoking discussion is usually seen as grounds for a shitposting war. Often you can practically hear them screaming "how DARE you question me!" in their responses, like they can't fathom that anyone wouldn't be trolling, but would just want to explore a topic. And God forbid you play the Devil's advocate or something.

Sadly way too many in the US and the UK are deeply vested in beliefs/opinions that re-enforce their prejudices , bigotries and , feelings both conscious and unconscious . The internet has exasperated this by providing insular little communities for them to live in where nobody ever challenges their assumptions . These communities feed them half truths , missleading information and outright lies that re-enforce the communities' shared belief system . When we run into these individuals on youtube , reddit , disquis threads , etc , they can not handle the free flow of opinions let alone a differing position with facts to back it up .

FTFY

same reason Bart Simpson has been 10 for 26 years

That reminds me,

October 1992: Homer The Heretic airs and ends with Homer talking to God.

http://i.imgur.com/uwHdZLM.jpg

Homer: God, I gotta ask you something. What's the meaning of life?

God: Homer, I can't tell you that.

Homer: C'mon!

God: You'll find out when you die.

Homer: I can't wait that long!

God: You can't wait six months?

Homer: No, tell me now!

God: Well, ok. The meaning of life is…

April 1993 (SIX MONTHS LATER): So It’s Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show airs and involves Bart’s April Fools prank inadvertently putting Homer into the hospital, where he is then crushed by a vending machine and put in a coma.

Now the episode ends with Homer waking up (and giving us a hilarious POV shot of him choking Bart), but it seems to be too convenient and sudden.

http://i.imgur.com/9GYMplw.jpg

I propose that Homer didn’t actually wake up from his coma. He is still in a vegetative state and every single Simpsons episode afterwards is in Homer’s imagination.

This is why the characters don’t age. Homer remembers Bart, Lisa, and Maggie as 10, 8, and 1 year old, so they will always appear that way in his dreams. He is subconsciously aware of time passing, so his mind will often “update” his memories so that the year they occurred matches up with the age he thinks he is (eg. That 90’s Show contradicting other flashback episodes).

While the characters’ ages don’t change, the events happening to the Simpsons definitely did. The plots of episodes following the April Fools show are far zanier than beforehand. Let’s compare, shall we?

Plot Examples Before April 1993

Bart cheats on an IQ test

Homer tries to give up drinking

Marge considers cheating on Homer

Lisa has a crush on her teacher

Yes, there were some wacky plots, but overall fairly mundane stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary for most people.

Plot Examples After April 1993

Homer goes into outer space

Principal Skinner is revealed as an imposter

Mr. Burns captures the Loch Ness Monster

Homer works for a supervillain who takes over the eastern US

Bart and Homer buy a racehorse and discover the secret land of jockeys

Also, celebrity after celebrity after celebrity

This is clearly Homer’s imagination running wild. With no real world restrictions, Homer’s mind is able to dream up scenarios of him and his family in fantasies involving him winning a Grammy, his father fighting his boss for buried WW2 treasure, his wife getting breast implants, his infant daughter saving him from drowning, etc.

The massive amounts of celebrity appearances are easily explained as well. People in comas can sometime hear what people in the same room are saying. While Homer wouldn’t physically react, his mind processes that information and includes it in his dreams.

Maybe the nurse leaves the radio on and Homer hears a Lady Gaga song. Suddenly:

http://i.imgur.com/4C0817Q.jpg

His family visits and talk with each other about the new Mel Gibson movie they’re going to be seeing after leaving the hospital. Next thing you know:

http://i.imgur.com/nzyS4my.gif

And so on.

There’s one last thing I want to leave you with. Going back to Homer’s conversation with God, what is the meaning of life? Or at least Homer’s life? Well life can have different meaning for different people and a purpose or reason for one’s existence can be as unique as their fingerprints. For Homer, his grand purpose is obvious – he is here to entertain. His dreams, his imaginative adventures, have provided billions with amusement and will continue to do so for decades.

Not bad for a dumb overweight loudmouth.

EDIT: This got really big. I'm getting messages about it making the news in Australia, Belgium, and other places. It made the front page of Yahoo, and TMZ even got a statement from Al Jean about my theory. He says it's not true, but what does he know about the Simpsons?

Ketchup: http://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/2usu70/

Damn, haven't listened to that song in yonks.

Steve

Sadly way too many in the US and the UK are deeply vested in beliefs/opinions that re-enforce their prejudices , bigotries and , feelings both conscious and unconscious . The internet has exasperated this by providing insular little communities for them to live in where nobody ever challenges their assumptions . These communities feed them half truths , missleading information and outright lies that re-enforce the communities' shared belief system . When we run into these individuals on youtube , reddit , disquis threads , etc , they can not handle the free flow of opinions let alone a differing position with facts to back it up .

Very much so. Just finding the right balancing act for thinking critically without being downvoted is tough enough in that environment. Lots of people mistake "making shit up based on soundbites you've been hearing your whole life" as truth. It's doubly frustrating when the very principles they're always pretending they care about (Occam's Razor, logical fallacies, etc) don't apply, unless it's to try to win an argument without actually arguing. It's rare to even find someone who's willing to accept that they're not well-informed about a given topic. It makes critically negative people like me want to punch them for simply being blindly negative (not that I put myself on a pedestal or anything).

Very much so. Just finding the right balancing act for thinking critically without being downvoted is tough enough in that environment. Lots of people mistake "making shit up based on soundbites you've been hearing your whole life" as truth. It's doubly frustrating when the very principles they're always pretending they care about (Occam's Razor, logical fallacies, etc) don't apply, unless it's to try to win an argument without actually arguing. It's rare to even find someone who's willing to accept that they're not well-informed about a given topic. It makes critically negative people like me want to punch them for simply being blindly negative (not that I put myself on a pedestal or anything).

Your new theme song :P

so bought 2 of these today http://www.polkaudio.com/rtia9/d/1017my god they are so damn crisp and clear :3

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Welcome Officer. 

Our airfield is being repaired at the moment, stay in the air. 

no stop, delete that game and go download war thunder.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1