Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel

Wait, we have a TS?

Yes, and no one is ever one it. Or at least very rarely. Except Fred, but he sits in the "Scanlations" group section and not the "Heaven Society" section when he isn't actually online. I get why, but still. 

Unrelated to that:

I'm getting very irritated with Crossfire. In GTA V, with the current 14.4 drivers, Crossfire doesn't work. 

With the Beta 15.4 drivers, which were released specifically for GTA V, one of my monitors isn't displayed to with Crossfire enabled. 

With the Beta 15.5 drivers, which were released specifically for Witcher 3 (and I assume have the GTA V fixes too), the same thing happens. 

So I have to toggle Crossfire to use something and it's annoying me. Either to use both monitors or to play GTA V with Crossfire on or off (depending on drivers). 

This is dumb.

I'm also irritated with Chrome. They supported Silverlight (A Microsoft/Internet Explorer plugin) up until version 35. I still have version 34 and the plugin dies on me and states it's about to stop being supported. 

It was working fine a week ago, and Fidelity uses that for their Stock Chart stuff. 

>.< Why do they have to be incompetent?

Edit 2:

And now, the Teamspeak won't work. GAAAH. 

@MyInnerFred, here is what I get when I try to join the Teamspeak:

<08:49:05> Trying to resolve hostname deadpixel.teamspeak.cc

<08:49:05> The TSDNS server 'deadpixel.teamspeak.cc' does not know 'deadpixel.teamspeak.cc'

I thought maybe the password changed, but that isn't that error.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Mean while in Asia some areas in my country is like +40C . India is even worse ( 50C )

If I were there, I would feel like I would fry in there. It's around +17°C here right now, and I'm already sweating like crazy for walking and running for around 3 kilometers. Summers are typically +19°C - +30°C, and my tolerance to heat is really low: I feel uncomfortably hot after ~+24°C.

Luckily we have a thing you don't. A winter. Can get as cold as -25°C during some days.  u jelly?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Why does Lancer from Unlimited blade works have same spear as Lancer from Zero.
Will it be explained later or creators were just lazy?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

If I were there, I would feel like I would fry in there. It's around +17°C here right now, and I'm already sweating like crazy for walking and running for around 3 kilometers. Summers are typically +19°C - +30°C, and my tolerance to heat is really low: I feel uncomfortably hot after ~+24°C.

Luckily we have a thing you don't. A winter. Can get as cold as -25°C during some days.  u jelly?

Nope : I would freeze ... For me ... Winter as low as 18C is already thumb freezing for us ... My goldilock zone is around 21-27C ...

You wouldn't believe how hot is it here ... Just putting your hand on the table cause your body to sweat ... 

How is 17C hot ? I don't understand how Westerners perceive weather ... 

Edit : Looks at @Typho photo ... Oh ... With that kind of sun in your face ... No wonder you are overheating ... That's normal sunlight for me btw

It doesn't feel any colder here even with the rain. It actually feels hot and humid during the day.

What sorcery is that ? Luckily where I live we get blessed with afternoon rain ... Other parts ... Not so lucky ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Why does Lancer from Unlimited blade works have same spear as Lancer from Zero.

Will it be explained later or creators were just lazy?

I think it's from a different time line ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

we need the rain though. I know the hill country needs it more than houston but you got to work with what you have. 

Maybe we can distribute rain fall through underground pipeline system ? Would that cause any negative effect on the environment ?

On an unrelated note ... I just spend 10hrs cleaning 2 bookshelves with copious amounts of paper and books in Physics , Math , Chemistry , even Economics ... 

I think it's from a different time line ... 

It's only 10 years difference.

It's only 10 years difference.

No I mean a different version of Lancer ... Like alternate Universes where he didn't break the golden spear and Saber lost ... Also that fight between Lancer and Saber though ... 10/10 would watch again . Also , what the hell happen at the end ?

Yes, and no one is ever one it. Or at least very rarely. Except Fred, but he sits in the "Scanlations" group section and not the "Heaven Society" section when he isn't actually online. I get why, but still.

We basically all congregate in one of the two channels randomly, so you can connect to whichever we're in at the time. Lately there have actually been more people than usual, including people from our old Spice and Wolf translation gang, and people from Heaven Society. Certainly more people than on our Steam group :S

Wait, we have a TS?

Everyone's welcome. Just visit and join deadpixel.forumotion.com to get set up (though obviously it's down right now until Fred figures out whatever needs to be done). Note that we tend to treat it more as a quiet place to text-chat.

No I mean a different version of Lancer ... Like alternate Universes where he didn't break the golden spear and Saber lost ... Also that fight between Lancer and Saber though ... 10/10 would watch again . Also , what the hell happen at the end ?

Fate series spoilers ahead

I'm not sure what the hell happen, but it looks like Gilgamesh and Kotomine won. Kotomine was happy how it turned out and Gilgamesh said at one point, that he want to become a human.  I doubt that thats alternate Universe, because every memory of Shiro matches with the ending of Fate/Zero

Fate series spoilers ahead

I'm not sure what the hell happen, but it looks like Gilgamesh and Kotomine won. Kotomine was happy how it turned out and Gilgamesh said at one point, that he want to become a human.  I doubt that thats alternate Universe, because every memory of Shiro matches with the ending of Fate/Zero

So Saber and Berserker both died ? That was expected . Gilgamesh is too OP anyway ... he can do range and at melee he's even more dangerous with his Noble Phantasm ...

The new Fate Blade Works just ooze money through every frame ... 

So Saber and Berserker both died ? That was expected . Gilgamesh is too OP anyway ... he can do range and at melee he's even more dangerous with his Noble Phantasm ...

The new Fate Blade Works just ooze money through every frame ... 

Yeah, I really like Gilgamesh, he is a jerk, but for some reason lovely jerk :D

Spoilers

Yeah, I believe Saber and Berserker died, else Saber would have met Kiritsugu and Berserker would have kept hitting anything he can see

Yeah, I really like Gilgamesh, he is a jerk, but for some reason lovely jerk :D

Spoilers

Yeah, I believe Saber and Berserker died, else Saber would have met Kiritsugu and Berserker would have kept hitting anything he can see

What ? Kiritsugu ? I thought you were talking about Fatze Unlimited Blade Works , not Fate/Zero ...

If it's Fate/Zero I'm pretty sure Kiritsugu was the one who won ... Saber died , Archer's master died too ... 

What ? Kiritsugu ? I thought you were talking about Fatze Unlimited Blade Works , not Fate/Zero ... [snip]

Spoilers, dude. Spoilers.

What ? Kiritsugu ? I thought you were talking about Fatze Unlimited Blade Works , not Fate/Zero ... If it's Fate/Zero I'm pretty sure Kiritsugu was the one who won ... Saber died , Archer's master died too ... 

Heyyy, don't spoil me ending of blade works. :D

Archer's master did not died, Kotomine became archer's master later. And at the end he had a good laugh

Heyyy, don't spoil me ending of blade works. :D

Archer's master did not died, Kotomine became archer's master later. And at the end he had a good laugh

I haven't watched Blade Works so I can't do that ( Some how I know the ending already ) ...

oh yeah ... Kiritsugu died in the explosion .... Why though ? I thought he was chosen by the Holy Grail to ask questions ? And also Fan service ( Archer naked )

Spoilers, dude. Spoilers.

It's not about the destination , it's about the journey ... I have no perception of spoilers ... I haven't watch The Fault In Our Stars but I know what happen next 90% of the time ( Thanks a lot Cinemasins )

I haven't watched Blade Works so I can't do that ( Some how I know the ending already ) ...

oh yeah ... Kiritsugu died in the explosion .... Why though ? I thought he was chosen by the Holy Grail to ask questions ? And also Fan service ( Archer naked )

It's not about the destination , it's about the journey ... I have no perception of spoilers ... I haven't watch The Fault In Our Stars but I know what happen next 90% of the time ( Thanks a lot Cinemasins )

Kiritsugu havent died either. He saved that kid who is main character of blade works. Are we even talking about same series? :D

But alas, that's just you. I might not care about spoilers, but lots of people do.

Also it's highly arguable whether the journey is worth much more than the destination in either series, though I'm inclined to be kinder to Fate/Zero on account of Waver/Rider.

But alas, that's just you. I might not care about spoilers, but lots of people do.

Also it's highly arguable whether the journey is worth much more than the destination in either series, though I'm inclined to be kinder to Fate/Zero on account of Waver/Rider.

Agreed I don't really care that much about reading spoilers but it annoys the hell of of me when people post them openly

As for the destination being the main thing I disagree the journey is what gets me to the destination with out it I would never have gotten to the end and the be honest the end of a lot of anime kind of sucks

As for the destination being the main thing I disagree the journey is what gets me to the destination with out it I would never have gotten to the end and the be honest the end of a lot of anime kind of sucks

True, but I was referring only to Fate/Zero and the currently-airing UBW. We might still disagree even then, but I just didn't see Fate/Zero as being all about the journey, aside from Waver/Rider. UBW doubly so; my opinion might change, but after a full season that wasn't worth it from the "journey" perspective, it'll take quite a lot to turn my opinion around.

True, but I was referring only to Fate/Zero and the currently-airing UBW. We might still disagree even then, but I just didn't see Fate/Zero as being all about the journey, aside from Waver/Rider. UBW doubly so; my opinion might change, but after a full season that wasn't worth it from the "journey" perspective, it'll take quite a lot to turn my opinion around.

I have not watched any of the fate stuff so no comment on it.

Agreed I don't really care that much about reading spoilers but it annoys the hell of of me when people post them openly

Blue Excorcist for example .. what a let down ... 

I've fixed the spoilery things ... 

The Goal creates motivation to go , tackling the obstacles on the way there maybe not as worth it as the goal but it's a bonus for sure ... 

Oh and I love Fate/Zero just cause it has a more " mature " kind of feel ... 

Kiritsugu havent died either. He saved that kid who is main character of blade works. Are we even talking about same series? :D

It's messing with my brain ... At the end of Fate/Zero : 

Kiritsugu , Kotohime and Gilgamesh survives , Saber got killed by Gilgamesh ...

Sleep here I come !

Blue Excorcist for example .. what a let down ...

I still liked the episode about the cat, and the OVA about the cat... the rest had its moments, but I don't think I got hyped enough about it for it to really let me down. Hard to recall.

I've fixed the spoilery things ...

The Goal creates motivation to go , tackling the obstacles on the way there maybe not as worth it as the goal but it's a bonus for sure ... 

Oh and I love Fate/Zero just cause it has a more " mature " kind of feel ...

Well, Fate/Zero was written in a more mature manner, so there's really no contest.

As for the journey/goal debate, I think both are equally important in stories that are driven by their narrative. Both can make up for the other being not so fantastic, and either being bad can ruin the whole thing. I just find that in anime, the endings are usually about as good as the journey, be they good or bad. Especially for anime like Fate, where the narrative is building up to an ending. Usually the ending makes or breaks the journey in those because they don't have much in the way of mid-story payoffs (just your typical mid-season boss fight or misunderstanding).

It's messing with my brain ... At the end of Fate/Zero : 

Kiritsugu , Kotohime and Gilgamesh survives , Saber got killed by Gilgamesh ...

Well, spear question is still unanswered  ^_^