Computer hangs if I put in a windows install USB?

Altecice

Hey guys,

So I have semi-recently helped my friend build a computer. However, my friend has decided to do a clean install of Windows 11 and has prepared an installer via the official Microsoft media creator tool. The weird thing about this is as soon as he puts the USB into the desktop and attempts to boot from it, the computer wont get past the "ROG logo -  press DEL to enter bios". It will just display the initial boot screen as described and then go black and hang. It wont boot to the USB and wont allow you to enter BIOS/Boot menu it just goes black and hangs. If you remove the drive and give it another restart it will get into the bios fine ?!

Things we have tried:

• Prepared multiple W11 and W10 USB installs via the M$ media creator tool - 5 physically different USB drives, prepared on another machine.
  • Cleared CMOS by removing the coin battery from the motherboard.
  • Removed all USB accessories apart from keyboard and USB installer.

Any ideas? I'm thinking that it may be a default BIOS setting but surely not? or perhaps a deeper issue exists... Advice is appreciated. 

(specs: System Builder - Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core, GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Founders Edition, H510 ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker).

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

odd...

Have u tried placing the USB stick into different USB ports ? not just front panel but the rear ones aswell ?

Check to see if the Bios has any options in regards to 'Legacy' and 'UEFI', if its set to only one of the two see if it has an option for both ..if not switch it to the other and try.

You also may want to check what type of bootable USB u have set. Is it MBR (legacy) or GPT (UEFI)

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |