AMD Wraith Stealth screeches when I turn my PC off

Filingo

This is the video of the noise.

Ignore the fact that you only see the Corsair RM750x PSU, it's because at first I was sure it's the PSU.

But now it's 100% the CPU fan.

Also, I removed the four screws that hold the fan to the heatsink and completely separated the fan from the heatsink so there is no wire that is tangles somewhere, it's somewhere from inside the motor.

I cleaned it today with air duster, could it be some dust that went inside? Because it's not sealed, there is clearly gap where you can see the coils of the motor

Or it's just dying?

1 hour ago, Filingo said:

This is the video of the noise.

Ignore the fact that you only see the Corsair RM750x PSU, it's because at first I was sure it's the PSU.

But now it's 100% the CPU fan.

Also, I removed the four screws that hold the fan to the heatsink and completely separated the fan from the heatsink so there is no wire that is tangles somewhere, it's somewhere from inside the motor.

I cleaned it today with air duster, could it be some dust that went inside? Because it's not sealed, there is clearly gap where you can see the coils of the motor

Or it's just dying?

I can’t hear anything at all but it may just be old ears.  AMD wraith has a single ball fan. A high pitched noise at the end would imply a bearing crash as the fan falls, so my guess is it’s time is limited. That it’s so high pitched I can’t hear it implies while it may be dying its time is still pretty far off. Single bearing fans are meant for support horizontal in 1 direction.  Your motherboard is vertical though so it’s effectively acting as a sleeve bearing.  As such it will get real loud all the time before it actually stops spinning.  Unfortunately I don’t know of anyone making replacement fans for AMD stock coolers so you may have to replace the entire thing eventually with an aftermarket cooler.  

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

19 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I can’t hear anything at all but it may just be old ears.  AMD wraith has a single ball fan. A high pitched noise at the end would imply a bearing crash as the fan falls, so my guess is it’s time is limited. That it’s so high pitched I can’t hear it implies while it may be dying its time is still pretty far off. Single bearing fans are meant for support horizontal in 1 direction.  Your motherboard is vertical though so it’s effectively acting as a sleeve bearing.  As such it will get real loud all the time before it actually stops spinning.  Unfortunately I don’t know of anyone making replacement fans for AMD stock coolers so you may have to replace the entire thing eventually with an aftermarket cooler.  

thank you, today I also rotated it by 90 degrees so maybe I damaged something in the process (because of RAM clearance issue)