OK so I made my own computer and need help getting things runing smoothly

Go to solution Solved by delph,

I guess they've got a Ryzen 7 5800x as they specified AMD. That's a pretty powerful CPU.

I've been running old tech for a while too, I was also surprised to see that CPU temperatures really get quite high nowadays. 60C or 70C under load is no longer need for alarm. If you're at 50~, you're fine, though you should start thinking about improving cooling if you see it getting higher than that. What sort of cooling do you have for your CPU?

Dari's explanation of fan curves is quite good: if you have proper cooling, it's not rare to see your idle temps higher than your load temps. CPUs are pretty resistant to heat nowadays.

This probably isn't an issue with Windows 11, just an experience of jumping straight into modern day desktops. Think of it like a car - if you jump ahead 20 years, you'll see a lot of higher numbers, but those are just average performance.

system I have 2× 1 terabyte m.2 drive with 4×ddr4 16×32 ram with rgb and a i7 5800x amd and a 750 something power suplie and a MOG 570 wifi edge I got it all together and installed windows 11 for the first operation but with passwords and all the bloat ware and I just want to have a cool pc it is runing like 135 f and I just hate how it is set up help get things right I messed with so much and getting confused becuse I have not used a computer since xp

135F is only 57C. That's nothing. Pretty normal idle temps without liquid cooling and a big radiator.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Nobody measures PC components in F. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

i7 5800x 🤣

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

1 hour ago, dreamer4population said:

system I have 2× 1 terabyte m.2 drive with 4×ddr4 16×32 ram with rgb and a i7 5800x amd and a 750 something power suplie and a MOG 570 wifi edge I got it all together and installed windows 11 for the first operation but with passwords and all the bloat ware and I just want to have a cool pc it is runing like 135 f and I just hate how it is set up help get things right I messed with so much and getting confused becuse I have not used a computer since xp

bro!!! do you have 4 stick of ram but 16 gb the other 2 are just rgb or do you have 512 gb of ram on a I7 5800x. lmao also its either a I7 _700_ or a ryzen 7 5800x. Also even in the usa you don't use "f" for temps that not only immediately says I have never used a pc but can get super cray because a small adjustment from 110c to 80c is like a 50 degree drop in Fahrenheit. So when dealing with computers that get 80 ,90,100 + Celsius which by the way are high temps things get messy so stick to c. 135 f is 57.2 c which Is normal idle temps. cuz your probable new to tech u probably haven't touched your fan curves so your load temps can be cooler that idle so don't be alarmed it is simply because most default idle fan curves have fan at minimum some times off like on gpus and if you start browsing the web your cpu could get hotter like 60c+ then the fan will ramp up and they could cool your cpu down to the 40s it doent mean your cpu is getting hotter from more watts but from less heat dissipation. Also 50c idle is fine you probable have a air cooler from those temps so you most likely won't see lower load temps than idle unless your fan curve is ___| that normally happens with aios on stock curves or air cooler curves because they cool a lot more so 40% fans on an aio is 40%on the pump with super conductive (thermally and electricaly haha ) liquid moving a lot faster over the cpu dissipating heat than just air moving over heat pins.

I guess they've got a Ryzen 7 5800x as they specified AMD. That's a pretty powerful CPU.

I've been running old tech for a while too, I was also surprised to see that CPU temperatures really get quite high nowadays. 60C or 70C under load is no longer need for alarm. If you're at 50~, you're fine, though you should start thinking about improving cooling if you see it getting higher than that. What sort of cooling do you have for your CPU?

Dari's explanation of fan curves is quite good: if you have proper cooling, it's not rare to see your idle temps higher than your load temps. CPUs are pretty resistant to heat nowadays.

This probably isn't an issue with Windows 11, just an experience of jumping straight into modern day desktops. Think of it like a car - if you jump ahead 20 years, you'll see a lot of higher numbers, but those are just average performance.

and I have 4 sicks of rgb I want to say 32 but if you say 16 then what ever just a faster boot time and better response I know I put alot of money in it it tock a year to get everything and feel like I need a actual hard drive to get raid 1 to work and with Google auto save bs sync I know have played with some fan settings but with the 3 setting silent cool and performance and could not get it cooler and been stuck at so I'm runing at 59 16397007196364587604325647613181.thumb.jpg.f4ded4fcdc5b0dba0f0fb5b1db6150b8.jpg

3 hours ago, dreamer4population said:

what is a good temp not to go above??? so I would like to actually have linx and windows for gameing/ blender- 3-d modeling - game dev and one thing that has been pain is getting docker runing but another account for like stock market and school account to keep as a master not everything runing 

1639700655987776370222695419653.jpg

1639700702006780703509523100870.jpg

1639700702006780703509523100870.jpg

17 minutes ago, dreamer4population said:

and I have 4 sicks of rgb I want to say 32 but if you say 16 then what ever 

Omg. How many GB capacity is each stick?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

17 hours ago, dreamer4population said:

honestly it doesn't sound like there's an issue at all, and also yes you should use C, not only is Fahrenheit a completely random fantasy,  umm, metric, its just that everyone uses  Celsius so when you say 135f no one really knows if thats good or bad, or worst case what you're even talking about.  😉

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

21 hours ago, Middcore said:

Omg. How many GB capacity is each stick?

biggest you can get wanted top end so don't have to upgrade 

16397026191092410427534934786189.jpg

just curious, can you take a photo of the ram stick or the packaging?

16 minutes ago, dreamer4population said:

16397026191092410427534934786189.jpg

I give up.

22 minutes ago, dreamer4population said:

I see you stuck your Optix G24c sticker to your case, mine is on my case too, glad I'm not the only person to do that lol

But yes what are the specific models of the sticks?