Palmer Luckey confirms Oculus Rift will be over 1080p and possibly over 90hz

dha07

Interviewed at PAX East, Palmer Lucky confirms what specs they are aiming for on the consumer model and that it may run higher than 90hz and will be over 1080p (end of part 2).  Part One and part Two of the interview also reveal more details on how facebook's resources will allow them to produce custom hardware and not be at the mercy of the mobile market, some interesting insights.  This is exactly what I was hoping for and confirmed that, short term at least, facebook will be a good thing for Oculus.

Part 2

Part 1

We already know this since pre Facebook ....

Old

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

what kind of screens do they use anyway? 120hz on a phone would be sweet

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

what kind of screens do they use anyway? 120hz on a phone would be sweet

that panel will either be an overclocked 1440p phone screen (possible to get 90hz that way)

or a custom made panel.

either way it s probably not coming to a phone near you. not like it would be usefull anyway.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

oh damn son. pair this with an Omni or something and you'll forget what outside even is.

When can I just hook up to the Matrix?

After Morpheus first unhooks you.

I was hoping for a higher than 1080p res on oculus, this is great new indeed.