PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION

JuggyUniverse

Hi!

I built my PC for the first time ever because I just had the money to spend. I'm wondering how I can optimize its performance so I can get the most FPS in my games and maybe start streaming. I also just installed Windows 10 in this PC and I don't know what programs/add-ons/extensions/plugins I should install for best experience. Hope you guys can help me. Thank you!

Build:

Intel Core i3-10100 Processor

MSI B460M-A Pro Motherboard

Deepcool ICE EDGE MINI FS V2.0 Heatsink Fan

TeamGroup Elite Vulcan TUF 16GB dualchannel DDR4

WD Blue 250GB M.2 NvME SSD

Generic 700 Watt Powersupply

2x120mm Case Fans (front and back)

Keytech Arrow Mid Tower Case

I'm just going to be straight up honest. with only a 4c/8t cpu, and no dGPU, I dont think this computer is capable of streaming while playing games unless you are playing 2d/2.5d games. 

However, if you would like to share what kind of games you will be playing/streaming, I can try help what you can do to get the most out of it. 

1) go to the BIOS and make sure XMP is enabled

2) dont download unnessesary apps

3) check your startup items and disable everything you dont need

4) make sure nothing you dont need is running in the background when playing games

advanced steps:

1) make sure TRIM is enabled on your ssd

2) debloat the windows installation

3) undervolt the cpu

4) see if there is an option to increase performance/clock speed in the bios

5) use linux if you know what you are doing

Yeah, the i3 is good for casual gaming. As part of a streaming setup, it's a non-starter. No amount of optimization is going to help you there.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

5 hours ago, TheBean said:

1) go to the BIOS and make sure XMP is enabled

XMP isn't an option with a 10100 and a B460 board.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Is a GTX 1330 good for this build? That's the cheapest brand new GPU that I could find where I live.

1 hour ago, JuggyUniverse said:

Is a GTX 1330 good for this build? That's the cheapest brand new GPU that I could find where I live.

Ugh. I assume you mean gtx 1030, it's a crap GPU tbh. Unfortunately, now is not a good time to buy hardware. I'd at least try to find something like a used RX 570 or gtx 1060 for respectable 1080 performance.