windows 11 xbox app game install issues

Coltonw023456

so i had to reinstall windows and im trying to set the xbox to install on this game drive and it won't let me and i have a feeling i will have to format the drive but i got all my games on there and i cant delete the folders that windows made when installing games from windows

A805DB513BC87C484B5868EC70E6DA9BEE52971E

CA9B33B8F32352049D624B37CB0A7F656C2BBE0E

CE0CDE695EDC5A830681E7608A80C6CAC5369465

7168C93743F95732A9B2E323E6479D016A6AB64B

maybe its some kind of issue with the Permisions you can change them to delete the Folder if you go on Properties then on the Tab security then on more then click the top prompt with i think change on it  and then Enter the name of your Profiel you log into windows for example Admin or School or smth like that, then press check name, if its correct the Desktopname should  pop up infront of it then on okay then tick the box that says Replace the owner of the objects and child containers then on Apply then okay, then Apply and then OK then you should be able to delete the Folder, if it doesnt work try it again with a restart afterwards 🙂

5 minutes ago, Maxus_SpieltHD said:

maybe its some kind of issue with the Permisions you can change them to delete the Folder if you go on Properties then on the Tab security then on more then click the top prompt with i think change on it  and then Enter the name of your Profiel you log into windows for example Admin or School or smth like that, then press check name, if its correct the Desktopname should  pop up infront of it then on okay then tick the box that says Replace the owner of the objects and child containers then on Apply then okay, then Apply and then OK then you should be able to delete the Folder, if it doesnt work try it again with a restart afterwards 🙂

image.png.43ab99ac4777b4bea563bdba470ce001.png

sorry its hard for to understand somethings i am not good with this kind of stuff lol 

6 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

the only thing i am scared of is downloading stuff like that it just seems risky lol 

Lol, well it lets you delte things that maybe you shouldn't, but I used it from time to time myself.

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

Lol, well it lets you delte things that maybe you shouldn't, but I used it from time to time myself.

okay first im trying to  move my files to my other drive and just to format the drive image.png.41296e2567c68d3c520c59658d89fe0d.png

33 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

okay first im trying to  move my files to my other drive and just to format the drive 

That will be fine. MS Store... that's the best way of cleaning it up anyway...

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

That will be fine. MS Store... that's the best way of cleaning it up anyway...

true its just a pain because now i have to redownload flight sim the new on the MS flight sim and its over 100gbs and i have to watch my data usage lol damn xfinity  made a limited plan because of covid so we lost are unlimited plan 

1 hour ago, Coltonw023456 said:

true its just a pain because now i have to redownload flight sim the new on the MS flight sim and its over 100gbs and i have to watch my data usage lol damn xfinity  made a limited plan because of covid so we lost are unlimited plan 

so the way i did took long but now it works and im moving my steam games back on image.thumb.png.f88e21a975609aea89c6dd5438bd924e.png