What should I do?

souissisedk
Go to solution Solved by Jonathan Lee,

I would lean towards waiting. The 12600K is much nicer CPU that the 10400f and there may be better stuff on the market later. There also might be a non-K chip released by then. Although, if you really need a computer right now, the 2nd option is still a good computer.

Budget (1560$): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:(mainly gaming and editing) 

I'm thinking of building my first  professional gaming rig and as u all know we're in the middle of a gpu crisis and I got two options either buy an i5 12600k and a h670 or b660 mobo when it releases and wait till prices drop in Q2 of next year so that I will be able to grab a 3060 ti near msrp or even lower when the 4000 series launches in November. The second option is to buy a decent rig with corsair's icue 465x case and its 16go kit of ram vengeance pro rgb 3200mhz cl 16 ,a 650W bronze certified cooler master psu, a tuf mobo b560 ,an i5 11400f and the rtx 3060 ti gaming z trio and ofc a 1t hdd and 128go nvme m.2 all of that would cost me 1560$ rn and the gpu itself is going for around 800$ which is 300$ over its msrp i'm so confused i really need ur help to pick one of these two options 🙂

Quite a bit of info here 😉

It sounds like the main differences here are the CPU and MoBo?

But Depending on what games you play, I would say go with the 12th gen - It's newer and from the bechmarks, it's a pretty good performer.

I would highly recommend probably getting a bigger NVMe drive if you can.

Firstly 128GB gets eaten up with Windows and some apps. also the smaller capacities have a lower rated speed (Commonly anyway).

1 hour ago, JTPOTATO said:

Quite a bit of info here 😉

It sounds like the main differences here are the CPU and MoBo?

But Depending on what games you play, I would say go with the 12th gen - It's newer and from the bechmarks, it's a pretty good performer.

I would highly recommend probably getting a bigger NVMe drive if you can.

Firstly 128GB gets eaten up with Windows and some apps. also the smaller capacities have a lower rated speed (Commonly anyway).

ty sm but i gotta say that my main problem is should I wait till Q2 2022 which is probably gonna be way better in terms of gpu prices and i'll get a better cpu too or should I buy the rtx 3060 ti rn it's available for 800$ at the moment

2 hours ago, souissisedk said:

Budget (1560$): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:(mainly gaming and editing) 

I'm thinking of building my first  professional gaming rig and as u all know we're in the middle of a gpu crisis and I got two options either buy an i5 12600k and a h670 or b660 mobo when it releases and wait till prices drop in Q2 of next year so that I will be able to grab a 3060 ti near msrp or even lower when the 4000 series launches in November. The second option is to buy a decent rig with corsair's icue 465x case and its 16go kit of ram vengeance pro rgb 3200mhz cl 16 ,a 650W bronze certified cooler master psu, a tuf mobo b560 ,an i5 11400f and the rtx 3060 ti gaming z trio and ofc a 1t hdd and 128go nvme m.2 all of that would cost me 1560$ rn and the gpu itself is going for around 800$ which is 300$ over its msrp i'm so confused i really need ur help to pick one of these two options 🙂

this is a new normal. old msrp of gpu come false IMO

stay pray bruh

I would lean towards waiting. The 12600K is much nicer CPU that the 10400f and there may be better stuff on the market later. There also might be a non-K chip released by then. Although, if you really need a computer right now, the 2nd option is still a good computer.