I have issues connecting my second monitor and have no clue what i can do about it please help

Beepie
Go to solution Solved by -rascal-,

I don't remember the details 100%, but I thought you cannot use both the HDMI and DVI ports at the same time on certain NVIDIA graphics cards.

This is because the HDMI and DVI share the same monitor output channel / signal.

Have you tried using DisplayPort (DP) for your MSi monitor, and HDMI / DVI for your Huawei monitor?

My first monitor works fine but my second monitor has no signal i tried 3 types of cables (dp, hdmi and vga) they all refuse to give any signal. when i manually switch the input of the display i get a black screen and it automatically switched back to hdmi (i can only switch the input when only one screen is connected otherwise it just says no signal and turns off). I also checked the bios and enabled the dual monitor setting but it still gives me no signal and i don't know what i can do from this point. if u can help me that would be really appreciated.

What screen do you have? (I am sorry if this is nerd talk but it´s not a monitor, monitors are speakers used to monitor sound in music industry.)
Maybe some windows (I hope you use windows, if not then idk) settings are wrong, check your video settings. Have you tried using another video source except your PC?

Maybe it helps

1 minute ago, Cedric_03 said:

What screen do you have? (I am sorry if this is nerd talk but it´s not a monitor, monitors are speakers used to monitor sound in music industry.)
Maybe some windows (I hope you use windows, if not then idk) settings are wrong, check your video settings. Have you tried using another video source except your PC?

Maybe it helps

i am on windows 10 and i have a msi optix g24c4 and a HUAWEI AD80HW display they are both connected to the graphics card ports atm, if i connect them to the motherboardports its still the same issue

3 minutes ago, Beepie said:

i am on windows 10 and i have a msi optix g24c4 and a HUAWEI AD80HW display they are both connected to the graphics card ports atm, if i connect them to the motherboardports its still the same issue

i just checked and when i connect them both the the motherboardports they both have no signal so only the 1 hdmi port on my grahpicscard works and all other display ports do not work

How are you connecting the second monitor? To the GPU or your motherboard? Can you give us some relevant specs? GPU, Motherboard, CPU, etc?

EDIT:

6 minutes ago, Beepie said:

i just checked and when i connect them both the the motherboardports they both have no signal so only the 1 hdmi port on my grahpicscard works and all other display ports do not work

Plug your second monitor into one of your GPU's free outputs, either DP, VGA, or HDMI and then open up your display settiongs (right click desktop and select display settings). Does it show two monitors there? If so, does one look like it is black and small vs the other monitor? If so, scroll down and look for the setting "disconnect this display" and change it to "extend display" or "duplicate display"...

If you see only the one monitor in display settings with both connected to your video card, then something is up. Did you try just using this second monitor by itself to see if it works?

3 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

How are you connecting the second monitor? To the GPU or your motherboard? Can you give us some relevant specs? GPU, Motherboard, CPU, etc?

The monitor that has signal is connected to the hdmi port on the GPU. the second one is connected to dvi on the GPU but no signal, i tried to use the hdmi and vge port of the motherboard but all of them have no signal, the display works because when i connect it to the hdmi that my otherscreen is connected to it turns on. my CPU is a GTX 1660 super. i am not sure about the motherboard model, its a prebuild.

9 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

EDIT:

Plug your second monitor into one of your GPU's free outputs, either DP, VGA, or HDMI and then open up your display settiongs (right click desktop and select display settings). Does it show two monitors there? If so, does one look like it is black and small vs the other monitor? If so, scroll down and look for the setting "disconnect this display" and change it to "extend display" or "duplicate display"...

If you see only the one monitor in display settings with both connected to your video card, then something is up. Did you try just using this second monitor by itself to see if it works?

it only shows 1 monitor the second one is not detected

3 minutes ago, Beepie said:

The monitor that has signal is connected to the hdmi port on the GPU. the second one is connected to dvi on the GPU but no signal,

I'd double check to see if your graphics card shares those ports? Essentially only being able to use one or the other. 

What CPU do you have, I am going to assume Ryzen? And that's why the motherboard isn't working. Unless you have a Ryzen CPU with the G suffix (ie 2200g, 2400g, 3200g, etc) there will be no onboard graphics. Again, I'm assuming since you haven't provided us with all the details of your system.

6 minutes ago, Beepie said:

CPU is a GTX 1660 super

Not a CPU. But I understand typos are made. Who is the maker, what is the exact model if you have it?

5 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

I'd double check to see if your graphics card shares those ports? Essentially only being able to use one or the other. 

What CPU do you have, I am going to assume Ryzen? And that's why the motherboard isn't working. Unless you have a Ryzen CPU with the G suffix (ie 2200g, 2400g, 3200g, etc) there will be no onboard graphics. Again, I'm assuming since you haven't provided us with all the details of your system.

Not a CPU. But I understand typos are made. Who is the maker, what is the exact model if you have it?

i got a msi magsafe infinite 10SI-1216MYS, intel i5 10th gen, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super. 

14 minutes ago, Beepie said:

i got a msi magsafe infinite 10SI-1216MYS

Alright, now we're getting somewhere. Quick Googlin shows that the model you shared has an Intel F series and if I'm not mistaken, those are CPUs without an iGPU. So there is the explaination for the no signal when connecting either monitor to your motherboard.

image.png.3812a93c7dcb4df89bed9a248491f636.png

Now let me see if I can get more information about generic named 1660... hold on.

The 1660 Super should be able to support Dual outputs. What two outputs are you using currently? HDMI and??

16 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

The 1660 Super should be able to support Dual outputs. What two outputs are you using currently? HDMI and??

hdmi and dvi

I don't remember the details 100%, but I thought you cannot use both the HDMI and DVI ports at the same time on certain NVIDIA graphics cards.

This is because the HDMI and DVI share the same monitor output channel / signal.

Have you tried using DisplayPort (DP) for your MSi monitor, and HDMI / DVI for your Huawei monitor?

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

8 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

omg it works now, thank you so much! 😄