The Hell That Is PowerColor And There Cards....

TankBall

first off if u need proof to what im talking about go watch this playlist i made. ive been recording everything up to this point. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLOl8ZwpLOYaFy4h9No2CgHw5dSyJdoJP

now with that said i need to start at the beginning. i first got my GPU upgrade from amazon a XFX 5600XT that worked fine for about a week. after that it started how issues posting a img when i reboot my PC. i would to power cycle the PC around 5 times to get it post a img. so i tried to RMA it but they didnt get back so i returned it.

2-3 weeks later i got a powercolor RX 5600XT from newegg. that card worked fine from day one it just had bad fans. i put up with that for 6-7 months then i RMAed it. when i got the replacment i got upgrade to a 5700XT that worked for 3-4 days.... died when i was playing GTA Online.... WAITING IN THE ONLINE SCREEN OF ALL THINGS! so i RMAed it and got other 5700XT. but before i used it i waited about a month to get a PSU cuz at the time both me and powercolor where thinking that why the first one died. i got a coolermaster SFX 750W PSU. guess what ha;ppend next??????????????? the card died 3-4 later. this time i was using pepakure and watching a youtube live stream. so i wasnt even hiting the card at all...

so now im on my 4th AMD card and 3rd powercolor card. so i RMAed that one and asked is there a way i can get a 6000 card to see if that will fix this. in doing this i also got a new motherbored also a Aorus X570I Pro WiFi, and a new case also a Li Lian Q58. so at this point my father as wasted over $400-$600 in parts to try and stop these damn cards from dieing on me. hole new motherbored, PSU, and case... so 2 days ago now my new card came in, a RX 6600XT HellHound. that card worked fine the first time. i used my PC with that new card for around 3-4 hours and worked great! now at that time i was sleepy so i shut it down for the night. now it has been turned off for around 10-15mins at this point. i was just about to get in bed. i decided to turn the PC again just see if it will boot normaly. well it didnt, it turned on but nothing on the screen. i had to power cycle the PC 5 times to get to post a img and go to desktop. i have to do this EVERY SINGLE TIME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now heres the kicker. i have a RX580 USED from EBAY! (its a Sapphire) if i put that card back in the PC it will work just fine. no power cycleing no nothing. just works and heats up my room like a good RX580 should do in winter. as of me posting this the 6600XT it still working on the PC but im going to remove it and go back to my RX580. i do not what to lose this 1K plus card. lord knows me or my father do NOT have the money to replace it if it dies also. seeing how powercolor wont help me anymore im SOL.

as of me posting this i went back to my RX580 and im reinstall the drivers as i type this out. i put the 6600XT back in its RMA back and im storing it in a safe place. 

5 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Are you the same guy to whom I told it's your fault that 3 of your cards died about a month ago (now 4)? 

If you've killed 4 GPUs there's an issue on your side buddy. 

u all keep saying that, but have to me why my RX580 still works. if it was my PC my RX580 would have died long ago. yet it hasnt still works to this day. 

2 minutes ago, TankBall said:

u all keep saying that, but have to me why my RX580 still works. if it was my PC my RX580 would have died long ago. yet it hasnt still works to this day. 

As I said last time. 

These cards have different power loads. Even if the rated TDP is similar the actual load seriously differs. 

11 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

As I said last time. 

These cards have different power loads. Even if the rated TDP is similar the actual load seriously differs. 

yet a new motherbored gigabyte x570i aorus pro $230 and a new PSU Coolermaster SFX 750W $130 and still has this happen to the newest card... its NOT my system. its something on powercolors end. 

2 minutes ago, TankBall said:

yet a new motherbored gigabyte x570i aorus pro $230 and a new PSU Coolermaster SFX 750W $130 and still has this happen to the newest card... its NOT my system. its something on powercolors end. 

Yes, they are conspiring against you. Sure.

But why not buy a card that's not from PowerColor? 

If you got 4 defective cards, you have a issue on your end.

Powercolor is beijng suprisingly nice here, I doubt most would keep sending you rma cards

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

i had a build where a card died and every part i replaced after just died, at first it's the first gpu's fault, but every part i put in after? i'm a dumbass, i scrapped everything from that build, ur 580 still works because of the lower power draw, something on ur end isn't handling the spikes.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

4 Dead Cards(one of which wasn't power color)? No way this is power colors fault. Somethings wrong on your end 100%.

Have you tested the cards in other systems to confirm they are dead? Without testing the cards in a different system how do you know they were actually dead? 

Have you uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled the correct ones for the card in the system?

Sounds to me like your system cannot handle the power draw of the cards and is frying them which doesn't really make sense because the PSU you have is more than capable, unless you're using either cables that didn't come with the PSU you have hooked up, or you somehow plugged a non PCIE power connector into the card instead of the one made for it. 

Another options is overheating, you said you have an sfx PSU and x570i motherboard, could it be your cards are overheating due to the small form factor of the build and a blockage in airflow?

In my opinion just by reading your comments and answers to peoples questions, you should if possible avoid the RMA for now and take the computer in to a professional. Maybe a local repair shop in your area and have them test the card and check out your system. I've been a computer technician for almost 10 years now and your situation of having 4 GPUs die in the same system all in a similar time frame and apparently in the same way, one even being a non-powercolor card, I am 100% certain you have something wrong with your computer. It could be firmware, it could be power related, it's hard to tell without physically inspecting these components. If you can take it to a professional first before RMAing again you may be able to figure out exactly what is going on. Clearly something is very wrong with your computer.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

34 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

4 Dead Cards(one of which wasn't power color)? No way this is power colors fault. Somethings wrong on your end 100%.

Have you tested the cards in other systems to confirm they are dead? Without testing the cards in a different system how do you know they were actually dead? 

Have you uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled the correct ones for the card in the system?

Sounds to me like your system cannot handle the power draw of the cards and is frying them which doesn't really make sense because the PSU you have is more than capable, unless you're using either cables that didn't come with the PSU you have hooked up, or you somehow plugged a non PCIE power connector into the card instead of the one made for it. 

Another options is overheating, you said you have an sfx PSU and x570i motherboard, could it be your cards are overheating due to the small form factor of the build and a blockage in airflow?

In my opinion just by reading your comments and answers to peoples questions, you should if possible avoid the RMA for now and take the computer in to a professional. Maybe a local repair shop in your area and have them test the card and check out your system. I've been a computer technician for almost 10 years now and your situation of having 4 GPUs die in the same system all in a similar time frame and apparently in the same way, one even being a non-powercolor card, I am 100% certain you have something wrong with your computer. It could be drivers, it could be power related, it's hard to tell without physically inspecting these components. If you can take it to a professional first before RMAing again you may be able to figure out exactly what is going on. Clearly something is very wrong with your computer.

no both the CPU and GPU stay will under 150F idk that it is in non-freedoms. it cant be drivers when it comes to booting up and posting. seeing how u dont need a OS to get a img from the M/B to get into the bios. the only other thing i can think of is the 1st gen ryzen not playing nice with the 6600XT. seeing me and my father have replaced EVERYTHING else. every other card i had died in my In Win 301 case. 

36 minutes ago, xg32 said:

i had a build where a card died and every part i replaced after just died, at first it's the first gpu's fault, but every part i put in after? i'm a dumbass, i scrapped everything from that build, ur 580 still works because of the lower power draw, something on ur end isn't handling the spikes.

i changed out also most every part of my OG build and yet im still have these issuse. the next thing to replace in the 1st gen ryzen and upgrade to a 4th gen PCI riser for my Li Lian Q58. seeing how all my other cards where in a In Win 301 its not my OG M/B or OG PSU. 

btw now both the LTT fangroup and PCMR group on facebook banned me cuz im a "troll" even though i given evidence showing im not. yet then still refuse to watch/beleave me.

wait you using a riser a 3gen one. Loads of them had issues with 4gen cards. Some even killing cards. 

Just connect all of the stuff outside the case , take it all out and try without the case and riser. Also try another psu and 1 ram stick , do a CMOS . 

On 12/2/2021 at 11:00 AM, TankBall said:

no both the CPU and GPU stay will under 150F idk that it is in non-freedoms. it cant be drivers when it comes to booting up and posting. seeing how u dont need a OS to get a img from the M/B to get into the bios. the only other thing i can think of is the 1st gen ryzen not playing nice with the 6600XT. seeing me and my father have replaced EVERYTHING else. every other card i had died in my In Win 301 case. 

Ok not really all of the information I asked for but it helps a little, again I'd like to ask if when your dad has rebuilt or replaced components in the system if he has re-ran the new cables for the PSU or used the old ones? Mixing PSU cables is no good even if they are the same manufacturer or PSU type, depending on the wattages the cables can have different pin outs per unit. Your CPU couldn't really cause your GPU to die I highly doubt it is due to you having a first gen Ryzen CPU. This has to be a power related issue or something else in the system directly linked to the GPU is killing the cards. Either something is up with the power delivery from the PSU or if you are using a PCIE riser cable it could be incompatible with your card or defective, with PCIE risers you need to switch it to the correct PCIE version in bios, if you are not doing that it may be the culprit. I don't know how much experience you or your father have with building or diagnosing PCs but like I said before if you guys are this stumped and don't have the tools or equipment to test these components, you should take it to a professional. If it were me I would bench test the system outside of the case in the most basic configuration as possible. No GPU riser cable, no storage drives, etc. I would also heavily test the GPU on another system all together. I'm not saying the forums banning you for "trolling" are right for doing so, but just from your responses to people just trying to help you and your inability to listen to anything anyone else suggests makes me understand why they did. This computer needs to be taken to someone with the tools and experience necessary to properly diagnose and repair it, otherwise you're going to just keep killing cards and at any point PowerColor is going to stop sending you them. They have already been more than generous, I'm honestly surprised they have done what they have to try and help you. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

On 12/2/2021 at 1:04 PM, TankBall said:

i changed out also most every part of my OG build and yet im still have these issuse. the next thing to replace in the 1st gen ryzen and upgrade to a 4th gen PCI riser for my Li Lian Q58. seeing how all my other cards where in a In Win 301 its not my OG M/B or OG PSU. 

Disable PCI-E gen 4 in your motherboard, set it to force PCI-E Gen 3 and see if it resolves your issues.

Also, put your shit on a UPS.

And, additionally, I agree with the recommendation to check your display cables and see if it helps.

1 hour ago, Slizzo said:

Disable PCI-E gen 4 in your motherboard, set it to force PCI-E Gen 3 and see if it resolves your issues.

Also, put your shit on a UPS.

And, additionally, I agree with the recommendation to check your display cables and see if it helps.

its forced to gen 3.

i have one

and i already did, if anything linus would have video when it comes to my PC and the crap ive been putting up with for over a year. but we all know thats not going to happen