Project: Event Horizon

Sempreviens

Just my thoughts ;)

Thanks buddy. The original idea was to powder coat it. But the companies i have spoken to want a rather large payment for a single job and on top of that, the delivery will be about a month. So i contacted a auto painted that can do a nice job a lot faster. He will include a complete sandblast of the case before painting as well.

don't u think sky or baby blue would look good with your build just a suggestion :D  baby-blue-dots_white-ribbon.jpgLightBlueStripedPaper.pngLightBlueStripedPaper.png

So i see people start giving me ideas for colors. I already have made up my mind about the color choice. Well actually there will be no colors at all, just shades of grey ;)

Let the picture speak for it self and have a nice day  :lol: 

Untitled-1_zpsfc393365.jpg

For the metal shipment there might be a delay so i am at the point of rage! haha

So i see people start giving me ideas for colors. I already have made up my mind about the color choice. Well actually there will be no colors at all, just shades of grey ;)

Let the picture speak for it self and have a nice day  :lol: 

Untitled-1_zpsfc393365.jpg

For the metal shipment there might be a delay so i am at the point of rage! haha

kk

Looks really nice, can't wait to see it finished.

Also subbed

Thanks man! Appreciate you like ii and subbed. 

don't u think sky or baby blue would look good with your build just a suggestion :D  baby-blue-dots_white-ribbon.jpgLightBlueStripedPaper.pngLightBlueStripedPaper.png

I like the sceme idea. Would be really fresh with a sky blue. I did actually think about adding blue. But it will not suit my battlestation scheme ;)

Thanks for the idea tho. I will be making a rig for a friend of mine for a showcase. Might use the scheme there 

UPDATE:

The aluminium plates arrived. Only 6 days delayed xD haha

Anyways i am happy they are here and that i went for the 3mm thickness. they are really rigid and still slim. So tomorrow after work i will be working on everything and make most of the internals plus the side panels  B)

2014-04-24173627_zps6966b2c9.jpg

Finally had some time for the real works to be done. Even tho it was getting late i can not really be making too much noise. But for now i made the side panel for the windowed side and cut holes for the radiator and fans in the bottom compartment. I have to touch up the edges tomorrow so keep that in mind. Hope you like what you see so far and enjoy! :) 

2014-04-25164243_zps30a9cbee.jpg

2014-04-25174926_zpsd7f56660.jpg

2014-04-25174916_zps37310ca1.jpg

Also the last package with the water cooling parts arrived today.

2014-04-25175336_zpsfb4614db.jpg

i will be working on the build the next two days full on to achieve the dream. Happy friday peeps!! 

Yes it's coming together! I can't get over how amazing those screws look on the front panel, just adds so much to the minimalistic amazing design.

really nice build man.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

Yes it's coming together! I can't get over how amazing those screws look on the front panel, just adds so much to the minimalistic amazing design.

Thank you very much Anthony! I am happy to see excitement to my build.Makes it all worth wile and a little bit extra. Hope you will keep following my progression.

really nice build man.

Thanks Austin. Stay tuned.. may contain awesome ;) haha

UPDATE:

So guys and girls, i have been working on the build today and changed a few things. First of i changed the side panel to have rounded corners for the window and made the bessel smaller. Also i had to use blind rivets all the way around to reduce vibrations in the panel. Originally i did not want this but now that it is there i really like the looks of it.

2014-04-26171136_zps6f99b4c6.jpg

all the cut edges are touched up roughly and no sharp corners left for now. Next i will have to sand it to get it smooth. Before painting i will have the whole chassis sandblasted.

2014-04-26171148_zpsb1b9ea8c.jpg

i am really happy i made the bessel smaller. makes for a lot better view

2014-04-26171216_zpsac9d5fc6.jpg

Tomorrow i will be working on the motherboard tray and probably test fit some parts

Any of you guys know of good ssd mount systems / plates or similar? I am afraid i have to create one myself. Also i do not know if i just want to tug them away behind the motherboard tray or show them of. What do you think?

Any of you guys know of good ssd mount systems / plates or similar? I am afraid i have to create one myself. Also i do not know if i just want to tug them away behind the motherboard tray or show them of. What do you think?

Well if you tug them away then just go for velcro. No need for a mounting thigy with SSD's. Also i'd tug them away to not have to deal with this. 

In any other case I would have suggested some velcro or some double sided tape.

But with your sense of craftsmanship and perfection I will not ;)

I would say don't over think the matter. SSD's are fairly forgiving.

Just find a nice place and screw them right in.

Just measure out the space for screws and cables and make some simple mount like some stand-offs or something like that.

Edit: I am very observant of your build because I really admire your very obvious craftsmanship and attention to detail and I am looking forward were the build goes.

So keep up the good work. ;)

Build Log: The beautiful Workhorse

Case_NZXT Phantom 530 Black CPU_Intel i7 4770K Cooling_NZXT Kraken X60 Motherboard_MSI MPower Z87 Graphic_MSI GeForce GTX 760 HAWK-Edition 

RAM_Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB DDR3-1866 PSU_Corsair RM Series 750W SSD_Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Stoarge_Western-Digital Green 2T

Builds coming on really well for your ssd mount i would get a ssd that comes with a mount and drill holes in your bay or just velcro it

Powder coated black, not even a question.  Love the TJ07. Great water cooling and modding case, just behind the Cosmos II

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Can't you just position aluminium plates, drill them into the case and rest the SSD's on them? They have no moving parts, so vibration wouldn't be an issue.

Well if you tug them away then just go for velcro. No need for a mounting thigy with SSD's. Also i'd tug them away to not have to deal with this. 

I thought about that but i really want to do something more. Thanks for your suggestion tho :)

In any other case I would have suggested some velcro or some double sided tape.

But with your sense of craftsmanship and perfection I will not ;)

I would say don't over think the matter. SSD's are fairly forgiving.

Just find a nice place and screw them right in.

Just measure out the space for screws and cables and make some simple mount like some stand-offs or something like that.

Edit: I am very observant of your build because I really admire your very obvious craftsmanship and attention to detail and I am looking forward were the build goes.

So keep up the good work. ;)

Thanks for the nice words. I am flattered and happy so many people follows my work and likes it the same time. Makes it all worthwhile.

I made a little sketch of a mount that would be easy to install and disassemble. Picture will follow :)

Builds coming on really well for your ssd mount i would get a ssd that comes with a mount and drill holes in your bay or just velcro it

Thanks for the suggestion buddy. I will make a bracket on my own. The build deserves it  B)

Powder coated black, not even a question.  Love the TJ07. Great water cooling and modding case, just behind the Cosmos II

Yeah i think that is a solid win by now :D Black it will be hehe

Can't you just position aluminium plates, drill them into the case and rest the SSD's on them? They have no moving parts, so vibration wouldn't be an issue.

Exactly what i have come up with on a sketch. I guess i was too tired last night to think haha :D thanks for the suggestion! 

UPDATE:

So i came up with a really simple SSD mounting bracket. allows for two SSD's to be mounted and dismounted really easy. Thanks again for the suggestions and the nice words so far. You guys are great!  :lol:

Capture_zps74858d48.png

UPDATE:

So i came up with a really simple SSD mounting bracket. allows for two SSD's to be mounted and dismounted really easy. Thanks again for the suggestions and the nice words so far. You guys are great!  :lol:

Capture_zps74858d48.png

NICE

i wish the cosmos came with a side panel window xD

UPDATE:

So here we go peeps. I finished most of the internals with motherboard tray and backplate as well drilling holes for the front radiator. Next step is test fitting and figure out where to place the res, pump, ssd's etc. personally i love the outcome so far  B)

Stay tuned!  :ph34r:

Untitled-1_zps493ed3c6.jpg

UPDATE:

So here we go peeps. I finished most of the internals with motherboard tray and backplate as well drilling holes for the front radiator. Next step is test fitting and figure out where to place the res, pump, ssd's etc. personally i love the outcome so far  B)

its really coming along Not-bad-meme.jpg

UPDATE:

Powdercoat it gunmetal. It is going to look epic

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

UPDATE!:

Sorry about the waiting time peeps. I had some work to do. But now i placed everything and made atestfit. Now do not mind the crazy tube bends. I had to do it like this since i am still waiting for the 45 and 90 degree fittings. EK apparently have a hard time producing them fast enough. With everything fit and set up i must say the D5 pump really shines with its raw power. I have to turn it all the way down to avoid vortex in the res and too much noise. Now for temperatures. I ran prime 95 and msi kombuster for 20 min each. The GPU never ran above 31 degrees and the CPU 47 degrees. Very happy with temps and the fans are mad silent! Lets see what happens when all is done and i throw a decent overclock at it.

For the painting i see that the black powdercoat it a win. So i contacted the local shop and they agree to do it fairly cheap when they got the time. So i pretty much have to wait for that to happen. But no rush. Means i got a lot more time in hand to make all the finishes.

Last but not least i want to thank you all for the nice words and help on the forum threat and private PM. I never felt so welcome in a forum before. You guys are the best!  B)

*sorry about the lame image quality. I promise to take it outside for better exposure for the next shots.

IMG_20140429_181920_1_zps6f3843ac.jpg

Your GPU was doing 31C?!

did you make sure to run kombustor? :P

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III