Project: Event Horizon

Sempreviens

Your GPU was doing 31C?!

did you make sure to run kombustor? :P

Yeah sorry it is a type fail xD ment 41. and i need to say the office is quite cold. Just as i like it haha

Yeah sorry it is a type fail xD ment 41. and i need to say the office is quite cold. Just as i like it haha

:o

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

very nice

Thanks buddy. Happy you like it.

Wow, what a fantastic build. You have alot of talent in metal fabrication and design, it's quite impressive. The rivets add a nice industrial element to the project and give it some contrast, along with the sloped mid-plate design. Well done chap, I will certainly be following along with your build!

Thanks you very much for the fine words. No by any means i want to stress that i am by no means use to work with metal construction and that is why i use aluminium. It is so soft and easy to work with compared to steel. it is also why i use blind rivets and not just welding it all together.

Happy you like what i did so far :)

UPDATE:

HeLlo guys and girls!

So first of i am sorry i had no updates lately. Work have been just exhausting and the lats 3 days i worked 14 hour shifts. So yeah i am a bit tired ;)

But it is weekend now and i am off to the powder coating shop! I found a local shop that makes coating on opjects up to 20 meters. So i do not have to dissassemble any parts of the case to have it coated.

The coating i am going to get is a very fine grained that looks almost matte. Excatacly the look i was going for from that start.

Also i have a sidepanel in the works and fatures a full size acrylic side with the lower rad fans cut out and the rest of the side covered. I will post a rendering later when i come home.

I am very excited to see how the coating is done, and even more excited to start assembling everything tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you all for voting

Capture_zps0a907955.png

I think we more excited to see it than you

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I think this is going to look amazing when it is finsihed :)

Desktop: Fractel Design R5 - i5 4670K @ stock - Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 - 16GB @ 1600MHz - Asus GTX 970 - Corsair RM650 - OCZ Vector 150 240GB - WD Blue 500GB - Noctua NH-D15

Peripherals & OS: KBC Poker 2 MX Blue - Zowie FK2 - Audio-technica ATH-M50s - Audioengine D1- Windows 10 Pro Monitor: Asus PA248Q 1920x1200

UPDATE:

So guys and girls, yesterday were a hectic day with quite some frustrations involved. I was supposed to go and have the case powdercoated. When i arrived i was met by a angry boss and employee with bow head. The employee had made my schedule on a time where they were fully booked and furthermore given me a complete different price from the real one. So lets just say that i wont wait anymore and i wont pay such a high price for paint.

So what happened yesterday was that i went out shopping for paint and i did it my self. Sanded it all down as good possible and painted with a industrial grade matte black. It had 3 full layers so far and dried overnight in a warm room. Now i aint the best painter but i think it went all fine and satisfies my needs. 

Today i installed everything and ran the loop as intended. I had some few hiccups due to the fittings from EK and the thick walled tube from Primochill. They are very tight and hard to turn the compression fitting all the way down. One good thing about it is that i wont fear any leaks ever. The thick walled tube makes it very easy to force the tube to do bends that i was not able to with tube i used for my previous build.

There are still some products to arrive before i can complete the adventure. But for now i leave you with these pictures. looks finished, but not yet  ;)

Hope you like it... i LOVE it!   B)

post-75633-0-40413600-1399230257_thumb.j

post-75633-0-10006800-1399230261_thumb.j

post-75633-0-59492500-1399230264_thumb.j

post-75633-0-93564300-1399230266_thumb.j

post-75633-0-33520600-1399230270_thumb.j

post-75633-0-34657900-1399230273_thumb.j

post-75633-0-40413600-1399230257_thumb.j

post-75633-0-10006800-1399230261_thumb.j

post-75633-0-59492500-1399230264_thumb.j

post-75633-0-93564300-1399230266_thumb.j

post-75633-0-33520600-1399230270_thumb.j

post-75633-0-34657900-1399230273_thumb.j

its epic!!! is it finished? I'm confused :P if so, can we have some single shots of the interior? The attached is 1 image that consists of a few different ones, so I can't really see the last pic :(

its epic!!! is it finished? I'm confused :P if so, can we have some single shots of the interior? The attached is 1 image that consists of a few different ones, so I can't really see the last pic :(

Dam you are fast! :D  i edited it and put single pictures instead now. Enjoy! :D

More higher quality pics please? Can I haz better pics? Btw looks great tho. 

EDIT: Ok now that's better. So sexy  :wub: I'll order my loop this evening :) 

Dam you are fast! :D  i edited it and put single pictures instead now. Enjoy! :D

love it! are you going to get replacement pci slot covers though D:? even still, SO EPIC AND AMAZING, simplistic and beautiful

More higher quality pics please? Can I haz better pics? Btw looks great tho. 

EDIT: Ok now that's better. So sexy  :wub: I'll order my loop this evening :)

Thanks a lot! Makes it all worth wile when others like it too. Make sure to post a buildlog with your implementation of the loop :)

love it! are you going to get replacement pci slot covers though D:? even still, SO EPIC AND AMAZING, simplistic and beautiful

I am honored to have you as the closest follower of my build. You are always the first to comment :D 

The pci slots will be replaced with ones without ventilation holes. I am just waiting for a case to arrive for another build which i will sneak them from hehe

Happy you like it. I am so happy to have it "almost done" ;)

Really nice build, I reckon its got build of the week, its just so clean with the tubing and cables coming out of the matte black and the contrast is perfect, well done

Intel i7 4770k @4.5ghz, Asus Maximus VI Formula, Asus Geforce GTX 780, Corsair h100i, Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, WD Black 1tb, Corsair 750D, Corsair AX860i w/ Sleeved Cables.

I rarely leave the build logs section.

I see you're the second person to use milk as a coolant for their build.

But seriously, excellent work.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

@Sempreviens - Man, this is gorgeous! I don't care about all the components and water cooling and all.. But your custom case mod to the TJ07 is beyond awesome. My favorite part has to be how you have the panel inside angled.

Although one thing - I think having a touch screen control panel above the fans would've looked great with these them. Specifically, the BitFenix Recon (This) as it would match with your build, since it's black & white. But I do see you're going for the simple / minimalist look - which so far you've executed quite well anyways.

I cannot wait to see how this turn out. I've subbed to this thread. Patiently awaiting updates. Keep them going, I want to see how great this turns out.

Also, congratulations on getting this to become a featured article. That's actually how I found this thread!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Just one word. WOW!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

UPDATE:

So guys and girls, yesterday were a hectic day with quite some frustrations involved. I was supposed to go and have the case powdercoated. When i arrived i was met by a angry boss and employee with bow head. The employee had made my schedule on a time where they were fully booked and furthermore given me a complete different price from the real one. So lets just say that i wont wait anymore and i wont pay such a high price for paint.

So what happened yesterday was that i went out shopping for paint and i did it my self. Sanded it all down as good possible and painted with a industrial grade matte black. It had 3 full layers so far and dried overnight in a warm room. Now i aint the best painter but i think it went all fine and satisfies my needs. 

Today i installed everything and ran the loop as intended. I had some few hiccups due to the fittings from EK and the thick walled tube from Primochill. They are very tight and hard to turn the compression fitting all the way down. One good thing about it is that i wont fear any leaks ever. The thick walled tube makes it very easy to force the tube to do bends that i was not able to with tube i used for my previous build.

There are still some products to arrive before i can complete the adventure. But for now i leave you with these pictures. looks finished, but not yet  ;)

attachicon.gif01.jpg

attachicon.gif02.jpg

attachicon.gif03.jpg

attachicon.gif04.jpg

attachicon.gif05.jpg

attachicon.gif06.jpg

ZOMG

I see you're the second person to use milk as a coolant for their build.

But seriously, excellent work.

haha, yeah i am a big fan of milk! Glad you like it :)

@Sempreviens - Man, this is gorgeous! I don't care about all the components and water cooling and all.. But your custom case mod to the TJ07 is beyond awesome. My favorite part has to be how you have the panel inside angled.

Although one thing - I think having a touch screen control panel above the fans would've looked great with these them. Specifically, the BitFenix Recon (This) as it would match with your build, since it's black & white. But I do see you're going for the simple / minimalist look - which so far you've executed quite well anyways.

I cannot wait to see how this turn out. I've subbed to this thread. Patiently awaiting updates. Keep them going, I want to see how great this turns out.

Also, congratulations on getting this to become a featured article. That's actually how I found this thread!

Thank you very much buddy. Happy you like the work i have done. I was thinking of putting a fan controller in the build but i really do not need it since i can control them all from the motherboard software. Also it would ruin the simplistic design as you say.

More updates coming soon. Side Panel, power button and a few minor tweaks and add ons. 

Just one word. WOW!

Thanks man. It looks even better in real life!

ZOMG

B)

Looks great

Super clean and Rugged looking :wub:

Thanks a lot! Stay tuned for the final product  B)

Wow...  :wub:

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Wow...  :wub:

That's one of the cleanest yet toughest builds I've seen, fantastic.

Thank mate! Much appreciated you like my work

UPDATE:

Hey peeps! So yet another hectic week are on the go for me. Working countless hours. I did not have too much time for my pc build but i do have a side panel in the works. I will try to finish a render so you will know what it is all about. But time is a bit'' these day haha xD

Coming soon in the mail:

- Vandal button (black with blue light).

- UV led 5mm, and a G 1/4 led plug for the ress.

- Clear UV additive with blue UV effect.

- UV led strip (not sure i will use it).

- 2 x 250 GB samsung SSD's (one for games and one for programs).

I hope to have the system all finished by the end of this month as i am going to Colombia for 3 weeks. The system needs to be running by then so i can use it by remote desktop.

Thanks for all you guys attention and feedback. And please never hold back any ideas you might have. It is never too late to change something :D

Cheers!!