Ram has to high latency

Zniff

My ram is having high latency for some reason. it shows 65.7ns in latency this is the ram ->Corsair CMW16GX4M2K4000C19 4x8GB.

CAS latency is supposed to be 19. question why is user benchmark showing a ram latency at 65.7 isnt it too high?

heres is to specs:

Modules

4 x 8GB

First Word Latency

9.5 ns

CAS Latency

Voltage

1.35 V

Timing

19-23-23-45

ECC / Registered

Non-ECC / Unbuffered

Heat Spreader

Yes

User benchmark is unreliable and biased, and it's leadership is childish. Your CAS latency is 19, I know LTT explained what the number they report is, your ram is functioning correctly.

is there anything about changing the timing, setting them lower, or maybe i should let it stay on auto in bios. Is there any tool i can use to simulate this, or do i test it gradually. is there anything i should know about what could happen if i get the timing wrong. AND by the way is there any great gain in getting ram with 2666Hz CL13. only question is if its compatible with z390 E GAMING mobo. could only find 2666Hz CL15

Push Ram into Instability and....

You can corrupt your files themselves from opening,. and Windows OS and/or Games can crash/corrupt and never open again facilitating a reinstall anyway...

Which will repeat anyway if you dont fix the cause by a bad RAM OC.

Learning RAM and how to OC is one of the longest things (in comparison to most things easily attained with trial and error)

RAM OC has risks to data integrity and hassles reinstalling it all again.

Buy better Ram if you care that much about latencies or go the long rabbithole overclocking.

I'd rather play games than sit in a bios worrying about fps.

If you use your PC for attaining money.. Stability is king over MaxSpeeds.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz