Dual System PC in one Case

Kinx

Hi guys, 

I'm planning to build Dual System PC with Phanteks Evolv X Case, I have my current pc with ddr4 and ITX Motherboard with 120 aio cooling with 5600x proc and Psu of 650watt. 

Planning to build the newest Ddr5 system Mobo, and Ddr5 ram etc.. With windows 11

I only have 1 27"Monitor

My question are

1. How to switch between system 

2. If pc turn on, does that mean all systems running? 

3. Can just one system on and the others off? 

4. If the itx Mobo setup is working ie rendering stuff then I switch to the other system streaming or play games, do I just only switch the monitor input( 1st system connect via hdmi, the the second using display port) 

5. Is safe for monitor if it connect to 2 system simultaneously? 

Thank you 

Appreciate any feedback

1. Look up 'kvm switch', that's what you really want to switch input and display between the systems.

2. Each system should be able to run independently, and should both start up normally if the case has a shared power button

3. 4. 5. Yes, since you'd be running two completely separate machines that just happen to be in the same case. The kvm switch will handle all the i/o.

For that case keep in mind there's another requirement of buying the dual itx upgrade kit. I'd get something like the metallicgear neo qube if I really really wanted a dual system. You'll also have to squeeze in two separate power supplies or buy a very expensive dual system power supply https://www.newegg.com/phanteks-revolt-x-ph-p1200ps-us-1200w/p/N82E16817987005

Also if you're going to be doing full fat CPU renders and gaming at the same time, you'll need absolute shitloads of cooling.

1 hour ago, Not_A_Spider said:

For that case keep in mind there's another requirement of buying the dual itx upgrade kit. I'd get something like the metallicgear neo qube if I really really wanted a dual system. You'll also have to squeeze in two separate power supplies or buy a very expensive dual system power supply https://www.newegg.com/phanteks-revolt-x-ph-p1200ps-us-1200w/p/N82E16817987005

P400a can also fit a dual system, though isnt the revolt x with whatever the hell splitter it uses for dual power supply just a fancy 24 pin and 8 pin splitter? So couldnt you just salvage a 24 pin off an old psu, jam it into another 24 pin on the psu you are trying to use, and have a cheap dual system psu?

For all i know trying to force a board on via psu wire jamming usually doesnt result in a post so i wonder how the hell phanteks dual psu splitter even works

So if buy phanteks revolt x I only that one psu to cover 2 maindboards system? I was planning to install 1 sfx psu for the itx mobo and 1 regular atx psu for atx mobo total 2 psu

IMHO win11 & ddr5 don't really gives that much of a jump in performance

i believe Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 / 719 can fit dual sys as well with Revolt X PSU (you'll need to buy fans tho)

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

Well win 11 and ddr5 is just an option, I just need to know if I buy revolt x psu from phanteks does that means I don't need 2 psu?