Corsair LL120 fans not working at all

Kodutu

Hi so I bought my new Lian Li O11D case along with 4 Corsair LL120 RGB Coolers (3 pack with RGB Hub and Led hub and just 1 seperate).

I connected the fans to the RGB Hub and the other connectors to the motherboard CHA_Fan ports. However the fans just don't work. No RGB no spinning. At this point I'm out of solutions and I'm not sure if I should use the LED Hub as well? I did not find any connectors to it from the fans nor the RGB Hub.

The RGB Hub is connected to the motherboard to the usb port or whatever it is and to the SATA Cable.

My mobo is ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming

Any help is welcome,

Thanks in advance!

It's highly unlikely you just got 4 fans that are all DOA. It's something at your end. Check the fan curves in your BIOS / iCue, maybe they're just disabled because your temps are low enough and the curves tell them to do so.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Have you downloaded iCue to control the RGB?

Is the fan hub also plugged into a fan header on the motherboard?

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

38 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

It's highly unlikely you just got 4 fans that are all DOA. It's something at your end. Check the fan curves in your BIOS / iCue, maybe they're just disabled because your temps are low enough and the curves tell them to do so.

I disabled the Q-Fan control in the BIOS from all the Cha fans ports where the fans are connected to and the fans are still not spinning or showing any light at all. 

28 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Have you downloaded iCue to control the RGB?

Is the fan hub also plugged into a fan header on the motherboard?

What do you mean? The RGB Hub is connected to the usb 3.0 header. 

33 minutes ago, Kodutu said:

What do you mean? The RGB Hub is connected to the usb 3.0 header. 

Should be a USB 2.0 header but either way you need the iCue software to enable it's functionality.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann said:

Should be a USB 2.0 header but either way you need the iCue software to enable it's functionality.

Yes, I have the software and it's connected to the usb port (it has 9 pins) and the fans don't work at all.

310043199_download(14).jpeg.e5cc5f9b99c54c14d3606989b89aba78.jpeg

Hook it to a power source to confirm wether its doa or not, the middle of those 2 nibs is +12v aka + and the hole on the edge with a nib ontop of it is gnd aka -

You can use batteries or jam some wire into a molex connector, if your wire is too thicc then you can peel away abit of the copper on the edge of the wire to fit into the fan holes

Very basic electronics here something you prob learned in elementary school or something so unless you connect the wrong pin or something you arent gonna kill anything

Heck ive used this method to actually overvolt my cheap chinese fan to 24v but thats because its a cheap chinese fan and itll tolerate high volts just fine, for a short explanation i hooked up the gnd (-) to the -12v wire on the 24 pin and and the +12v (+) just hooked it up to a +12v. Not something youll wanna do unless your fan spins extremely slowly like this cheap chinese fan

I doubt that all your fans are doa cause that just means you have an unbelivable amout of bad luck

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

310043199_download(14).jpeg.e5cc5f9b99c54c14d3606989b89aba78.jpeg

Hook it to a power source to confirm wether its doa or not, the middle of those 2 nibs is +12v aka + and the hole on the edge with a nib ontop of it is gnd aka -

You can use batteries or jam some wire into a molex connector, if your wire is too thicc then you can peel away abit of the copper on the edge of the wire to fit into the fan holes

Very basic electronics here something you prob learned in elementary school or something so unless you connect the wrong pin or something you arent gonna kill anything

Heck ive used this method to actually overvolt my cheap chinese fan to 24v but thats because its a cheap chinese fan and itll tolerate high volts just fine, for a short explanation i hooked up the gnd (-) to the -12v wire on the 24 pin and and the +12v (+) just hooked it up to a +12v. Not something youll wanna do unless your fan spins extremely slowly like this cheap chinese fan

I doubt that all your fans are doa cause that just means you have an unbelivable amout of bad luck

I got the RGB working, I'm just so stupid that I forgot to plug in the LED Hub. Now the RGB on all fans work, but 1/3 fans are only spinning.

2 minutes ago, Kodutu said:

I got the RGB working, I'm just so stupid that I forgot to plug in the LED Hub. Now the RGB on all fans work, but 1/3 fans are only spinning.

Fixed a problem then another one pops up ;-;

Ah who gives a sht anymore just hard wire the fans to molex connectors or something via wires so the f ing things actually spin and not just sit there doing nothing, volt control wise you can just add a buck converter later on

3 hours ago, Kodutu said:

What do you mean? The RGB Hub is connected to the usb 3.0 header

Sorry. I jumped on first thing in the morning and turns out I didn't completely read your OP. Don't post at 4am.

When you were in BIOS, did you make sure that the header you're using is set to PWM and not DC or Auto?

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

55 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Sorry. I jumped on first thing in the morning and turns out I didn't completely read your OP. Don't post at 4am.

When you were in BIOS, did you make sure that the header you're using is set to PWM and not DC or Auto?

CHA2 was on DC, I put it to PWM and still only one fan out of 3 are spinning.

23 minutes ago, Kodutu said:

CHA2 was on DC, I put it to PWM and still only one fan out of 3 are spinning.

What are you using to connect the fans all together? 

Are you able to upload pictures? It's gotta be something simple.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

What are you using to connect the fans all together? 

Are you able to upload pictures? It's gotta be something simple.

The Fan's RGB  wires go to the RGB Hub, from the RGB Hub there goes a cable to the LED Hub, from the LED Hub there goes a cable to the USB 2.0 slot or whatever it's called with 9 pins. Both the RGB Hub and the LED Hub are connected to SATA Power. Now the second cable from the fans goes to the CHA_FAN1 CHA_FAN2 and CHA_FAN3 slots. I can send pictures or videos tomorrow, but please describe the locations where u want me to take the photos or videos.

Anyways thanks for helping me so far.

Have you heard of corsair commander pro? 🙂  best fan and rgb controller around

chances of mistakes = 0.6%  🙂