Nvme 2 ssd underperforming in my laptop

Sumolizer

So about 2 weeks ago i bought a WD SN550 Blue 500 gigs nvme 2 ssd for my Vostro 1500 Laptop ( i7 10th/1650ti/16 gigs ). I installed it in the ssd slot ( One is occupied by Sandisk X400 m2 ) I installed windows 10 and it was running smooth ( Just used it for half a hour) but then I upgraded to windows 11 and now sometimes i get a bit of hiccups. I don't know if its because of windows 11 bugs or the ssd underperforming.

Also Windows startup takes more time than what it took on my old m2 drive.

I did CrystalDiskMark and it showed not good results according to what was on the box. (Im getting 1900mb read instead of 2400)

4 minutes ago, Sumolizer said:

So about 2 weeks ago i bought a WD SN550 Blue 500 gigs nvme 2 ssd for my Vostro 1500 Laptop ( i7 10th/1650ti/16 gigs ). I installed it in the ssd slot ( One is occupied by Sandisk X400 m2 ) I installed windows 10 and it was running smooth ( Just used it for half a hour) but then I upgraded to windows 11 and now sometimes i get a bit of hiccups. I don't know if its because of windows 11 bugs or the ssd underperforming.

Also Windows startup takes more time than what it took on my old m2 drive.

I did CrystalDiskMark and it showed not good results according to what was on the box. (Im getting 1900mb read instead of 2400)

box results are always big grain of salt. 1900 is fine it's not strange if you didn't use the same settings they used for testing. it's not a slow number at all.
and since you get that kind of speed it's unlikely that dell did something dumb in how they wired the slot (like giving it PCIE gen2 speed or only x2 lanes and not x4). so it's probably just windows being it's usual random annoyance with windows update and background stuff. you can try tools like O&O ShutUp10 to block some of that unwanted bg stuff but usually just leave the laptop on overnight all updates will be finished and it will magically be fine. until next update......

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

I mean, I've got the 520(OEM version) and it's okay for most things, not really a high performer, it's dramless and has a singular nand die, so it's performance doesn't stay constant. Better than a dramless sata ssd, but noticibly worse than a good m.2 nvme.