The Invisible Soundbar (SPONSORED)

JonoT

I've got some really strong "2001: the dawn of man" vibes from this video. There is sound coming from in-between the speakers?! 😁

Quadrophonic sound has been around since the 70s. Sony added some clever delay and volume adjustments, so each speaker can be placed at a suboptimal position. And Dolby Atmos makes this a lot easier because the directional information is way more granular encoded. Nevertheless, this is just refined ancient technology. And it should suffer from the same physical constraints. Moving the couch out of the centre of the cluster will distort the imaging quite substantially. So a two-seater is the right size for this kind of setup.

cool they did try to test the small boys.

but yeah, the other issues about them. some said you would need a front or at least the subwoofer as well. not the 4 alone.

but man, thought they would be cheaper.

In short they are a bit more complex and easier to make sound better than some soundbars.

But some soundbars are a lot better than other soundbars and not just on price or combo deals?

to even cheaper bigger speaker setups.

(and they seemingly did what was suggested in the video and used the tv as an additional speaker)

Edited by Quackers101

Anyone know what show/movie is being shown at "Further Testing" (at 15:08)

I'm intrigued by the wireless part and not having to worry about an amp to connect everything, but 98% of everything I hear is only 2.1 sound, so to this day I only got stereo and a big sub. 

Is this something that will also transform stereo sources to sound better or does it not make sense for that?

15 hours ago, Gazza524 said:

Anyone know what show/movie is being shown at "Further Testing" (at 15:08)

This is the clip. The song is MagicMe by Imogen Heap