Twitch comes to the Nintendo Switch

broccoli27

Summary

Twitch is now on the Switch

FD7hfVgXIAoND1-?format=jpg&name=small

My thoughts

Finally I can watch twitch streams on my switch. BUT there is no chatting and you can't stream from your console聽馃檨

Sources

https://gbatemp.net/threads/twitch-comes-to-the-nintendo-switch.602789/

https://twitter.com/Twitch/status/1458851260032036866?s=20

馃ウ馃ウ

Huh, nice.
GUess this means streamers don't need to screen capture and stream?

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

4 minutes ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

Huh, nice.
GUess this means streamers don't need to screen capture and stream?

No... that was a typo.. Sorry but you WONT be able to stream from your console馃槙

馃ウ馃ウ

Just now, broccoli27 said:

No... that was a typo.. Sorry but you WONT be able to stream from your console馃槙

Oh.
Well, that's a disappointment

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

25 minutes ago, J-from-Nucleon said:

Oh.
Well, that's a disappointment

Given big N stance on streaming gameplays of their titles, it wouldn't have made sense for that feature to be there in the first place. Unless it came with an auto DMCA take down the moment you press the start streaming button, and it sent the user current location to N's lawsuits department where a team of highly trained lawyers would have rushed to there to sue the bejesus out of him.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4聽5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Is this what Twitch is doing with their money? The last new feature on their website that I remember is the hype train thing and that was at least 2 years ago by now.

5 minutes ago, Not_A_Spider said:

Is this what Twitch is doing with their money? The last new feature on their website that I remember is the hype train thing and that was at least 2 years ago by now.

can you name something that you want added to twitch?
making the fanbase happy with more places to watch twitch

twitch seems pretty well rounded to me

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I keep forgetting that the switch (or any other console for that matter) have things like youtube, and now twitch. I cannot think of a situation where I'd have my switch with me but not mutable or phone which have much better screens.

Do people actually use these "apps" on their switch?

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I keep forgetting that the switch (or any other console for that matter) have things like youtube, and now twitch. I cannot think of a situation where I'd have my switch with me but not mutable or phone which have much better screens.

Switch also has a built in kickstand, I've used it a few times away from home where I can set it on the nightstand and watch YouTube in bed聽

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

12 minutes ago, Arika S said:

i mean theres a whole lot of kids and elders that have switchs but no phones.聽

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Just because you guys don鈥檛 have a personal use for it doesn鈥檛 mean it鈥檚 worthless. It鈥檚 just another way to watch twitch. If that doesn鈥檛 seem like something you鈥檇 want, don鈥檛 download it.聽

I see these switch apps being most likely used in docked mode. This way people who might not have a streaming box or have a really slow smart tv can just use their switch. It鈥檚 the same reason why PlayStation and xbox have these apps, consoles have become more like a htpc in recent years.聽

On 11/12/2021 at 11:32 PM, Arika S said:

I only use the YouTube app on my Switch Lite to look up tutorials but I pretty much have only used the Switch maybe twice this year so yeah. The games are way too expensive.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me聽section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.