Am I going crazy or does ASUS really suck?

Osmium

If you leave a copy of Half-Life 2 under your pillow, maybe GabeN will visit you in the night and unstick the pixel?

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

I had 3 vg248qe, and none of em had issues (bought em from amazon)

I also have a RIVE, never had any issues at all with it.  The only issue I'll ever have with my motherboard is when it decides not to push 1.7 volts through my CPU someday and blows up xD

Had a xonar phoebus once too, it had a weird crackle problem but I sent it back and got a new one that didn't do it.

Oh forgot to mention, currently have a PB278Q that was factory refurbished, absolutely perfect :)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

...currently have a PB278Q that was factory refurbished, absolutely perfect :)

Do you find the fact that the OSD buttons are underneath the monitor annoying as oppose to the other PB line of ASUS monitors being positioned on the right hand side?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Do you find the fact that the OSD buttons are underneath the monitor annoying as oppose to the other PB line of ASUS monitors being positioned on the right hand side?

What do you mean? They're in the same place as where my VG248QE's buttons were and I haven't ever tried any other PB monitor from Asus,  I kind of like the fact that they're under the monitor, I never use them + it gives it a more sleek look.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

You are a really bad person you know? You just scared me out of buying a VG248QE for myself to mod with a G-Sync Module a friend is selling me...

why u do this

You are a really bad person you know? You just scared me out of buying a VG248QE for myself to mod with a G-Sync Module a friend is selling me...

why u do this

Well, the BenQ XL2411T uses the same panel as the VG248QE, so the gsync kit should technically work on it. Of course, the housing won't fit. Not sure if anyone has actually tried, though.

My VG248QE is great. Backlight is a little lumpy, but no lit/dead pixels. I liked it when I bought it, and even more after installing a gsync kit.

main(i){for(;i<101;i++)printf("Fizz\n\0Fizzz\bBuzz\n\0%d\n"+(!(i%5)^!!(i%3)*3)*6,i);}

Well, the BenQ XL2411T uses the same panel as the VG248QE, so the gsync kit should technically work on it. Of course, the housing won't fit. Not sure if anyone has actually tried, though.

My VG248QE is great. Backlight is a little lumpy, but no lit/dead pixels. I liked it when I bought it, and even more after installing a gsync kit.

That is actually the reason I bought the monitor however two harsh truths struck me fast: I have no money and the G-Sync kit was only produced for a limited time.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

The BenQ is also like 150 more though :(

ill trust my luck and go for it with the asus monitor.

I've never had a fault with ASUS so I'd put it down to bad luck, that or your postman hates you.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

bad luck for sure... I have 3 Asus monitors and they all work amazingly, (in sig if curious) I have had a couple of them for over a year and one is about 5 months old. 

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

GSync kits are actually back in stock. I didn't think they'd do a second run.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/diy

I noticed but unfortunately I still have no money and due to the widespread unemployment of my family it does not look like I will get it.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I noticed but unfortunately I still have no money and due to the widespread unemployment of my family it does not look like I will get it.

Hooray to unemployment! If only I lived in the UK, were they pay you for doing nothing... decent salary for ACTIVE job seekers haha  :P