Stupid nvidia control panel keeps forcing 16 bit color even tho 32 bit works fine with this refresh rate

Somerandomtechyboi

This stupid ass control panel keeps forcing 16 bit colors when 32 bit colors work fine at this refresh rate, im trying to run 79hz and it works with 32 bit colors but stupid nvidia control panel keeps forcing 16 bit colors, any way to force 32 bit colors?

what are your settings if you use windows?

Also to make sure that you did hit apply changes and when does it revert back? when doing something new, on restart? etc.

9 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

what are your settings if you use windows?

Also to make sure that you did hit apply changes and when does it revert back? when doing something new, on restart? etc.

As soon as i select 79hz it just sets color to 16 bit, when i set 32 bit color its sets to 75hz, why the fuck does it have to force 16 bit colors? If my monitor just blanks and 16 bit color fixes it then thats for me to find out myself, is there a config file i can mess with that deletes 16 bit option outright so it cant set 16 bit and is forced to set 32 bit?

7 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

As soon as i select 79hz it just sets color to 16 bit, when i set 32 bit color its sets to 75hz, why the fuck does it have to force 16 bit colors?

What resolution and HDMI/DP version? Maybe 79 Hz at that resolution exceeds its maximum bandwidth without lowering the color depth.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

What resolution and HDMI/DP version? Maybe 79 Hz at that resolution exceeds its maximum bandwidth without lowering the color depth.

When i click test its completely fine even in 32 bit colors

Gpu is a 9500gt that needs 9600 mobile drivers for some reason, monitor is a syncmaster 752, it runs 75 hz out of the box for some reason but ocable to 79hz, im just using dvi cause gpu only has dvi ports

Read through entire thread and only question I have for OP is, but why? Why do you insist on needing 79Hz and 32 bit colour depth?

10 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Gpu is a 9500gt that needs 9600 mobile drivers for some reason, monitor is a syncmaster 752, it runs 75 hz out of the box for some reason but ocable to 79hz, im just using dvi cause gpu only has dvi ports

I wasn't able to find a Samsung Syncmaster 752, so I'm still not sure what resolution we're talking about.

You can have a look at the forum's display guide, it lists various resolutions and refresh rates supported by DVI. I don't know why it doesn't like 79 Hz @ 32-bit, but it's possible you're running outside the spec. No idea why the test would succeed though. Aside from that, I don't think you're ever going to notice the difference between 75 Hz and 79 Hz.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

7 hours ago, Eigenvektor said:

I wasn't able to find a Samsung Syncmaster 752, so I'm still not sure what resolution we're talking about.

You can have a look at the forum's display guide, it lists various resolutions and refresh rates supported by DVI. I don't know why it doesn't like 79 Hz @ 32-bit, but it's possible you're running outside the spec. No idea why the test would succeed though. Aside from that, I don't think you're ever going to notice the difference between 75 Hz and 79 Hz.

I just wanna see if i can force it cause on my dads craptop itll run 75hz just fine, maybe theres a config file edit i can do to force 32bit

Also out of spec doesnt matter to me cause im overvlocking the monitor anyways