How much should I sell my PC for?

BigRecoiilz

I need to get rid of my PC because it's too much of a distraction from responsibilities. Anyways, the specs are as follows and pictures of the PC are attached as well;

CPU: i7 8700k @5.0GHz (Got it it up to 5.1GHz before but decreased it to 5.0Ghz for better stability)

Thermal Paste: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53 240mm AIO Water Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 UD (Ultra Durable)

RAM: 32GB Team T-Force Delta RGB 3000Mhz (4 x 8GB)

PC Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Mini (White)

GPU (Graphics card): ASUS AMD RADEON 6600XT (2020)

Storage:

Boot drive: 256GB NVME SSD (HP EX920)

D Drive: 240GB SATA SSD (ADATA SU625)

Power Supply: Corsair SF600 80+ Gold (SFX form factor, only form factor than can be used in the case)

All the parts in here cost about $2,000 USD, mainly because of how overpriced the graphics card was. Hoping to get that same price, if not slightly less, and gladly more.

27CB09D7-0CE8-42C1-88EE-BC632743A662.jpeg

D96675A5-EE9B-4EE9-B837-2B10B94691C4.jpeg

D0F30580-5695-4BF0-94E2-354F3FE53EA5.jpeg

Edited by BigRecoiilz
Adding pricing to the bottom.

for a higher price you could sell the GPU by itself, but the other parts would become maybe harder to sell at a "decent" price?

depends on how the market are around your area.

15 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

for a higher price you could sell the GPU by itself, but the other parts would become maybe harder to sell at a "decent" price?

depends on how the market are around your area.

Good idea. I might part out the pc and sell the parts separately.

1 hour ago, BigRecoiilz said:

Good idea. I might part out the pc and sell the parts separately.

eeh, that could be hard to sell them if you want to sell everything, but depends on the market too. Some things are easier to sell in bundle.

But easier to sell would maybe be the GPU and PC case if in good/decent conditions.

Small PSUs with decent 600w can also gain a good value for, as PSU prices increase or has increased.

Moved to the New Builds & Planning subforum. Might not be obvious by the name, but it's the best place for appraisals on how much PCs are worth. The people who frequent the New Builds & Planning section are really good at pricing out components to give you an idea of what it's worth.

7 hours ago, BigRecoiilz said:

All the parts in here cost about $2,000 USD, mainly because of how overpriced the graphics card was. Hoping to get that same price, if not slightly less, and gladly more.

How much did you pay for the graphics card?

The problem with parting it out is you'll sell the graphics card very easily, but might have trouble getting rid of the rest of the stuff or not get as high a price for them.

I would say maybe $750 + however much the GPU is worth. It definitely wouldn't hurt to put the entire system up for $2000 and see if anyone is interested.

CPU: i7 8700k @5.0GHz

$200-$250

Thermal Paste: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

$0

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53 240mm AIO Water Cooler

$50

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 UD (Ultra Durable)

$100

RAM: 32GB Team T-Force Delta RGB 3000Mhz (4 x 8GB)
$100

PC Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Mini (White)

$75

GPU (Graphics card): ASUS AMD RADEON 6600XT (2020)

$ left kidney

Storage:

Boot drive: 256GB NVME SSD (HP EX920)

D Drive: 240GB SATA SSD (ADATA SU625)

$50

Power Supply: Corsair SF600 80+ Gold (SFX form factor, only form factor than can be used in the case)

$75

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

protip: never sell a cpu without a motherboard with it. your going to end up with a mobo with no use.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

3 hours ago, adarw said:

protip: never sell a cpu without a motherboard with it. your going to end up with a mobo with no use.

Unless you got multiple of said cpus like me but then again my pentiums are dirt cheap and same goes for my e8x00 c2ds, i do have some useless boards though (looking at all my p5qs)

I suggest you sell the PC in parts, but some loose parts and some matching.

You could do CPU+mobo+RAM or CPU+mobo+RAM+cooler or just CPU+mobo. Maybe even with SSDs too.

The case, PSU and maybe the cooler can sell well separately.

The most expensive part which is the GPU, you could sell for $550-$700 I believe.

You can also try to list the PC at about $1500 and see if you can sell it or get good offers. Or like said before, start high at $2000 and go from there.