cpu style compatible gpu waterblock for msi gtx 1080

im looking for a cpu block for my gtx 1080 why because i need a block that doesnt cover the video memory since i have heatsinks thermal epoxied to them i was thinkin on trying to source a nzxt kraken G10 (not G12) and a kraken X61 but i fear that the tubes wont be long enough to reach the top of my lian li lancool 2 and i cannot mounts it at the fron because i already got a 360mm cooler there
so im pretty much forced to go custom

-= Topic moved to Custom Loop and Exotic Cooling =-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Look up universal gpu waterblock. There are different ones that should fit. 

On 10/31/2021 at 12:34 PM, clutchmaster said:

im looking for a cpu block for my gtx 1080 why because i need a block that doesnt cover the video memory since i have heatsinks thermal epoxied to them i was thinkin on trying to source a nzxt kraken G10 (not G12) and a kraken X61 but i fear that the tubes wont be long enough to reach the top of my lian li lancool 2 and i cannot mounts it at the fron because i already got a 360mm cooler there
so im pretty much forced to go custom

you try the fan mod for the gpu cooler? or dose the gpu cooler not fit now that you added a heatsink to the vrms?

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

The tubes don't have to be long for the rad to easily mount at the top or rear for exhaust. A 120mm should be plenty for cooling already. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

u can also deshroud & zip ties fans onto the heatsink 

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

On 11/2/2021 at 1:00 AM, WoodenMarker said:

The tubes don't have to be long for the rad to easily mount at the top or rear for exhaust. A 120mm should be plenty for cooling already. 

120mm will equal temps that will drop clock bins with the accelero 3 and conductonaught i only drop 2 clock bins @124-F id prefer a 380mm but the lian li lancool 2 can only support a max of a 280mm at the top of the case but no way to mount it on the gpu ive looked at sourcing a kraken g10 and kraken x62(240mm) but none are available even on the used market for the g10 and the x62 doesnt have the tube length to reach the top of the case and the kraken g12 has this mount bracket that interferes with the video memory i have heat sinks thermal epoxied on so theres no removing those without desoldering them from the board
my goal is to stay as close to ambient for temps on this gpu a 120mm is loosing ground on that front and a 240mm will seem like a mild improvement to me over the accelero and i bet that after heatsoak will be close to the accelero

On 11/2/2021 at 3:47 AM, fonzz1e said:

u can also deshroud & zip ties fans onto the heatsink 

i already have an accelero 3 only thing that will do is maybe drop temps by 5 degrees at the cost of noise and the lazy way out

7 hours ago, clutchmaster said:

i already have an accelero 3 only thing that will do is maybe drop temps by 5 degrees at the cost of noise and the lazy way out

hmmm actually whats the delta between GPU core & vram with ambient temp?

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

11 hours ago, clutchmaster said:

120mm will equal temps that will drop clock bins with the accelero 3 and conductonaught i only drop 2 clock bins @124-F id prefer a 380mm but the lian li lancool 2 can only support a max of a 280mm at the top of the case but no way to mount it on the gpu ive looked at sourcing a kraken g10 and kraken x62(240mm) but none are available even on the used market for the g10 and the x62 doesnt have the tube length to reach the top of the case and the kraken g12 has this mount bracket that interferes with the video memory i have heat sinks thermal epoxied on so theres no removing those without desoldering them from the board
my goal is to stay as close to ambient for temps on this gpu a 120mm is loosing ground on that front and a 240mm will seem like a mild improvement to me over the accelero and i bet that after heatsoak will be close to the accelero

and ambient temp gpu well being used would need more then just air cooling... even if you put it on a test bench, use delta fans, and blow ac at it....

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

11 hours ago, clutchmaster said:

the zip tie is basically free and temps will be lower or equal  and quieter. you can even replace the fans on the accelero 3 for even better temps...

why cant the aio be mounted to the front?

3 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

hmmm actually whats the delta between GPU core & vram with ambient temp?

i have no idea i dont got any sensors nor do i have thermal probes but max OC for vram is 5557mhz(1,389mhz) offset +553

9 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

the zip tie is basically free and temps will be lower or equal  and quieter. you can even replace the fans on the accelero 3 for even better temps...

why cant the aio be mounted to the front?

because theres already a 360mm in the front

4 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

because theres already a 360mm in the front

why not get a 280 for the top and use the 360 for the gpu?

On 11/1/2021 at 10:55 PM, thrasher_565 said:

you try the fan mod for the gpu cooler? or dose the gpu cooler not fit now that you added a heatsink to the vrms?

the original cooler for the msi1080 armour(gaming X pcb but no backplate) will not fit so the accelero 3 will be the only cooler that fits this card or others like it, i am still using the base plate to reduce how much the pcb flex's i just had to dremel out the vrm and vram sections 

3 minutes ago, clutchmaster said:

the original cooler for the msi1080 armour(gaming X pcb but no backplate) will not fit so the accelero 3 will be the only cooler that fits this card or others like it, i am still using the base plate to reduce how much the pcb flex's i just had to dremel out the vrm and vram sections 

i dont no i dont understand i guess. seem like its a hack job and made more complicated then it needs to be all for what a few degrees lower? why?

8 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

why not get a 280 for the top and use the 360 for the gpu?

because most AIO's dont have the tube length and to properly mount it will require tools i dont have... most cpu AIO's have there tubes leaving the cold plate 90 degrees to the motherboard resulting in an requirement of an addition 8 inchs of tube length to reach the top of an atx pc case

because most AIO's dont have the tube length and to properly mount it will require tools i dont have... most cpu AIO's have there have there tubes leaving the cold plate 90 degrees to the motherboard resulting in an requirement of an addition 8 inchs of tube length to reach the top of an atx pc case

i got to ask how much moey was spent to get to were your are now? why im asking it seem like a custom loop would have been better...

i get you cant wc the gpu now because of the vrms i get that so you have to do a hybrid mod.

Edited by thrasher_565

1 minute ago, thrasher_565 said:

i got to ask how much moey was spent to get to were your are now? why im asking it seem like a custom loop would have been better...

i get you cant wc the gpu now because of the vrms i get that so you have to do a hybrid mod.

$80 for the 360mm aio $320 for the gpu  $60 for the accelero 3 $15 for the thermal grizzly conductonaught

$80 for the 360mm aio $320 for the gpu  $60 for the accelero 3 $15 for the thermal grizzly conductonaught

would a vertical gpu mount get the clearance?

so if i got this right you got an msi 1080 Armour, that has a vrm heat sink glued to it so the accelero 3 cooler wont fit? and you want to mout an 360 aio to it but have no were to mount it becyse you got another 360 aio for the cpu? and cant mount it to the top with out tools?

or will the aio not mount to the gpu? if it dose just get a case that can do 2 360 mm rads in the top and front? or cut the vrm heat sink down so the accelero 3 coller will fit then zip tie fans to it.

a pic of the gpu would be nice...

Edited by thrasher_565

i think i had a msi 1080 armor. i got it for $350 off ebay and sold it for $450... but compared to my gigabite win force even thow it had biger fans i had to do 40% fan rmp to match the temps my gigabit on at 25% rpm.