Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Automating A Folder Tree - DOS

Yeah I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm trying to go through Citra's, pcsx2's, and dolphins forums and organize all their content because I got tired of trying to find it, and then having to try to find it again. I just want an easy way to view patch's files and what not and keep it organized on my pc so I don't have to download things 10,000 times. 

Though I'm planning on uploading everything eventually to my next cloud instance, and eventually a wiki (wiki advice also welcomed), I figure I should at lest figure out how I'm gonna store it first so here I am. 

If someone has suggestions I'd greatly apricate it, but I've taken to dos because... the only other coding language I know is HTML/CSS and I don't think I can style my way out of this mess. I'm not set on dos. but o3o it's the only langage i kind of know.

My code:

md "\.Hack Part 1 - Infection"
md "\.Hack Part 1 - Infection\fix"
md "\.Hack Part 1 - Infection\fix\blur"
md "\.Hack Part 1 - Infection\fix\render"
md "\.Hack Part 1 - Infection\cheat"
md "\.Hack Part 1 - Infection\res"
md "\.Hack Part 1 - Infection\res\16:9"
md "\.Hack Part 1 - Infection\res\16:10"
md "\.Hack Part 1 - Infection\res\21:9"
md "\.Hack Part 1 - Infection\res\32:9"
md "\.Hack Part 1 - Infection\res\eyefinity"
md "\.Hack Part 1 - Infection\texture"
md "\.Hack Part 2 - Mutation"
md "\.Hack Part 2 - Mutation\fix"
md "\.Hack Part 2 - Mutation\fix\blur"
md "\.Hack Part 2 - Mutation\fix\render"
md "\.Hack Part 2 - Mutation\cheat"
md "\.Hack Part 2 - Mutation\res"
md "\.Hack Part 2 - Mutation\res\16:9"
md "\.Hack Part 2 - Mutation\res\16:10"
md "\.Hack Part 2 - Mutation\res\21:9"
md "\.Hack Part 2 - Mutation\res\32:9"
md "\.Hack Part 2 - Mutation\res\eyefinity"
md "\.Hack Part 2 - Mutation\texture"

Please save me... Also is their no post preveiw? Q.Q

Thank you in advance, Wove ya faces Q.Q!!!!!
Mairu

P.s i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post links to my google sheet page so... o,...,o um hi no ban me! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not certain I understand what you are trying to do, but are you trying to clone their website to look through off line? If so, there is software that will do that for you...

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

sNo, I'm trying to make a folder tree and organize all the patches,mods/ex. into said tree o,...,o

The forum is badly organize and i've spent to much time relooking for the same patch or what not because i forgot where i downloaded it too. 

The problem is I've just decided to do this to every console game I own or not. That way as I buy and collect more games I'll have the everything already set up and ready to go in my emulators. 

Eventually I want to release my organization on like a wiki or something o,....,o (of course not releasing anything that isn't open source or illegal to release) but I want to get it organized for myself first.

In my code I'm trying to generate the folder structure that I think I'll need to do it for each game (starting with ps2). Even though I say I know dos... I only know a lil. o-o 

So the base structure would be something like:

Spoiler

system

  • Sony
    • ps1
      • NSFS
        • title
          • fixes
            • blur fixes
            • render fixes
          • cheats
          • resolutions
            • wide
            • ultrawide
            • super 
          • mod
            • textures
      • PAL
        • title
          • fixes
            • blur fixes
            • render fixes
          • cheats
          • resolutions
            • wide
            • ultrawide
            • super 
          • mod
            • textures
      • J/NSFS
        • title
          • fixes
            • blur fixes
            • render fixes
          • cheats
          • resolutions
            • wide
            • ultrawide
            • super 
          • mod
            • textures
  • nintendo
  • sega

 

I just don't want to have to add everything manually if I can help it. I'm looking for an automated way to do the file structure so I can just things/link things in.

Also Game collection kinda o3o you can only kinda see 1.3 of 3 book shelfs.
IMG_20211016_234847.thumb.jpg.efa7444faddaaacc0a63c73249c71f4d.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MairuFrost said:

I just want an easy way to view patch's files and what not and keep it organized on my pc so I don't have to download things 10,000 times.

Well, i would manually sort the files i need on my pc, Programming / scripting is a bad solution for me (and maybe you too?)

 

I would simply manually sort it all.

But of course if the folders are like 60+.. then maybe its more of an automation task yes.

 

1 hour ago, MairuFrost said:

I'm trying to go through Citra's, pcsx2's, and dolphins forums and organize all their content because I got tired of trying to find it, and then having to try to find it again.

For that, when i sort forum posts from stackoverflow etc, i simply use folders with bookmarks in a browser. :old-smile:

 

Those are my ideas, hope i could help :old-smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, WillLTT said:

Well, i would manually sort the files i need on my pc, Programming / scripting is a bad solution for me (and maybe you too?)

 

I would simply manually sort it all.

But of course if the folders are like 60+.. then maybe its more of an automation task yes.

 

For that, when i sort forum posts from stackoverflow etc, i simply use folders with bookmarks in a browser. :old-smile:

 

Those are my ideas, hope i could help :old-smile:

the ps2 has over 3,800 game titles... Automation is...And sense each game is gonna have 33 sub folders give or take a couple... that's 125,400 folders I need to create by hand... Just for the ps2...

Do I have that many games? No.

Are there that many patches? No.

Then why you doing this? Because messes BUG THE FLYING FLUFFS OUT OF ME D:<

So I'm looking for any form of help...
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not 100% I understand what you need but you could do something like a bat file to create the folder structure for each game.

@echo off
set /p game="Enter Game Name: "
 
MkDir "C:\Sony\ps1\%game%\fixes\"
MkDir "C:\Sony\ps1\%game%\cheats\"
MkDir "C:\Sony\ps1\%game%\whatever\"
MkDir "C:\Sony\ps1\%game%\youwant\orneed\"
 

 

You can just add more variables for consoles, game company, etc and change the locations to whatever you want. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Eww said:

I am not 100% I understand what you need but you could do something like a bat file to create the folder structure for each game.


@echo off
set /p game="Enter Game Name: "
 
MkDir "C:\Sony\ps1\%game%\fixes\"
MkDir "C:\Sony\ps1\%game%\cheats\"
MkDir "C:\Sony\ps1\%game%\whatever\"
MkDir "C:\Sony\ps1\%game%\youwant\orneed\"
 

 

You can just add more variables for consoles, game company, etc and change the locations to whatever you want. 

I have a google spreadsheet with a lot of that info already in o,...,o Is their a way to pull from a list of games? Like if I made a .txt?

Format
 

game 1
game 2
game 3
ex.?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure, you could do something like 

@echo off

for /F "tokens=*" %%g in (example.txt) do (

MkDir "C:\Sony\ps1\%%g\fixes\"
MkDir "C:\Sony\ps1\%%g\cheats\"
MkDir "C:\Sony\ps1\%%g\whatever\"
MkDir "C:\Sony\ps1\%%g\youwant\orneed\"
  
)
  
pause

to read each line of a file (example.txt) and use it as a variable. Example.txt would need to be in the same directory as the script.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could easily generate a batch file that makes those folders using a scripting language like php for example.

Keep in mind that some characters are not allowed in file paths ...ex /  is not acceptable (J/NTFS .. and btw... you probably mean NTSC and I'd probably label it NTSC-J  so that when it's sorted alphabetically you have folders PAL , NTSC, NTSC-J  and not PAL between two NTSC folders)  and : is problematic  (as in 16:9)

 

for example something like this - note it may have errors, I wrote it directly here in this forum box without testing.

Basically, you'd simply run it by opening a command line in php folder and saying  php.exe script.php >output.bat  

which means load script.php (the code below), run it, and whatever would normally show on screen, dump it to output.bat

 

<?php

function output_batch($company, $console ,$videotype, $title) {

  $folders = ["fixes", "fixes/blur fixes", "fixes/render fixes","cheats", "resolutions", 
          "resolutions/wide","resolutions/ultrawide","resolutions/super","mod","mod/textures"
          ];

  $output = '';
  $CRLF = chr(0x0D).chr(0x0A); // ENTER CR + LF 

  $output .= "md .\\$company$CRLF";	// create sony
  $output .= "md .\\$company\\$console$CRLF"; // make sony/ps1
  $output .= "md .\\$company\\$console\\$videotype$CRLF"; // make sony/ps1/ntsc
  $output .= "md .\\$company\\$console\\$videotype\\$title$CRLF"; // make sony/ps1/ntsc/title

  foreach ($folders as $index => $folder) {
      $output .= "md .\\$company\\$console\\$videotype\\$title\\". str_replace("/","\\",$folder)."$CRLF";
  }
  return $output;
}

// output batch for a single game : 
// echo output_batch('sony','ps1','ntsc','mario');

// load a list of game titles from a text file, one title per line, and make batch file:
$CRLF = chr(0x0D).chr(0x0A);  // ENTER, line separator
// read c:/temp/titles-pal.txt, separate into lines, put into $titles array
$titles = explode($CRLF,file_get_contents('c:/temp/titles-pal.txt')); 

// with each title read from file, create the batch commands for that title and output them to screen/console
foreach ($titles as $index => $title) { 
  echo output_batch('sony','ps2','pal',$title);
}

?>

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoiler

 

27 minutes ago, mariushm said:

You could easily generate a batch file that makes those folders using a scripting language like php for example.

Keep in mind that some characters are not allowed in file paths ...ex /  is not acceptable (J/NTFS .. and btw... you probably mean NTSC and I'd probably label it NTSC-J  so that when it's sorted alphabetically you have folders PAL , NTSC, NTSC-J  and not PAL between two NTSC folders)  and : is problematic  (as in 16:9)

 

for example something like this - note it may have errors, I wrote it directly here in this forum box without testing.

Basically, you'd simply run it by opening a command line in php folder and saying  php.exe script.php >output.bat  

which means load script.php (the code below), run it, and whatever would normally show on screen, dump it to output.bat

 





<?php

function output_batch($company, $console ,$videotype, $title) {

$folders = ["fixes", "fixes/blur fixes", "fisex/render fixes","cheats", "resolutions", 
        "resolutions/wide","resolutions/ultrawide","resolutions/super","mod","mod/textures"
        ];

$output = '';
$CRLF = chr(0x0D).chr(0x0A); // ENTER CR + LF 

$output .= "md .\\$company$CRLF";	// create sony
$output .= "md .\\$company\\$console$CRLF"; // make sony/ps1
$output .= "md .\\$company\\$console\\$videotype$CRLF"; // make sony/ps1/ntsc
$output .= "md .\\$company\\$console\\$videotype\\$title$CRLF"; // make sony/ps1/ntsc/title

  foreach ($folders as $index => $folder) {
      $output .= "md .\\$company\\$console\\$videotype\\$title\\". str_replace("/","\\",$folder)."$CRLF";
  }
  return $output;
}

// output batch for a single game : 
// echo output_batch('sony','ps1','ntsc','mario');

// load a list of game titles from a text file, one title per line, and make batch file:
$CRLF = chr(0x0D).chr(0x0A);  // ENTER, line separator
// read c:/temp/titles-pal.txt, separate into lines, put into $titles array
$titles = explode($CRLF,file_get_contents('c:/temp/titles-pal.txt')); 

// with each title read from file, create the batch commands for that title and output them to screen/console
foreach ($titles as $index => $title) { 
  echo output_batch('sony','ps2','pal',$title);
}

?>

 

 

I just see a lot of magic O:!!! PHP is powerful magic, and I understand 0.005% of it xD Thank you very much. I was thinking PAL , NTSC, NTSC-J, I just couldn't remember how they went 😄 o,...,o command line, something like visual studio code's terminal? Or do you mean like command prompt? o,.....,o 


I was playing around with the dos advice... it seams to have issues pulling from the list. Also it seams to refuse making a folder it's already made before. Not sure how to fix either of those o:

I'm fairly content to make the first bits of navigation by hand if it'll save me coding hassles later.

going from root to:
\console\which_sub_console\game_reigon\ isn't that hard I already done it. it's just populating the games and each sub folder I'm dreading a bit doing o,...,o

Here's my code:

Dos

Spoiler


@echo off
for /F "tokens=*" %%g in (list.txt) do (
 
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%game%\fixes\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%game%\fixes\blur\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%game%\fixes\render\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%game%\cheats\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%game%\resolution\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%game%\resolution\wide\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%game%\resolution\ultra\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%game%\resolution\super\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%game%\youwant\mod\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps1\%game%\youwant\mod\texture\"

)

pause

 

Here's what's in the list file:

Spoiler


.Hack Part 1 - Infection
.Hack Part 2 - Mutation
.Hack Part 3 - Outbreak
.Hack Part 4 - Quarantine
¡Qué pasa Neng! El videojuego
007 - Agent Under Fire
007 - Agent Under Fire (Platinum Edition)
007 - Everything or Nothing
007 - Everything or Nothing
007 - From Russia With Love
007 - GOLDENEYE - AGENTE CORRUPTO
007 - GOLDENEYE - AU SERVICE DU MAL
007 - GOLDENEYE - ROGUE AGENT
007 - GOLDENEYE - ROGUE AGENT
007 - Nightfire
007 - Nightfire
007 - Quantum of Solace
10 Pin - Champions Alley
10.000 Bullets
18 Wheeler - American Pro Trucker
187 - Ride or Die
1945 The Arcade Game I & 2
21 Card Games
24 - The Game

 

I'm not sure if I should add quotation to the contents of the list.
example: 
"<game1>"
"<game2>"
ex.

thank you very much for everything o,...,o I have a friend that might be able to help me with the php stuff later o: (maybe)

edit:
Though i guess i could just save it as .php or html and run it that way?

doshelp.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah ... I forgot about the "  "  in case there's spaces in game titles.
In batch files, if the folder names have spaces in them, you need to put the whole path between quotes

ex 

 

md ".\sony\ps2\ntsc\zelda and the fairy grandmother\fixes" 

 

So in the function below where we need " to be printed on screen or dumped to a batch file, we write \"  which means a single "  - we put \ in front to escape it, because in php " means start or end of a string, and by saying \" , php treats it as part of the string.

 

function output_batch($company, $console ,$videotype, $title) {

  $folders = ["fixes", "fixes/blur fixes", "fixes/render fixes","cheats", "resolutions", 
          "resolutions/wide","resolutions/ultrawide","resolutions/super","mod","mod/textures"
          ];

  $output = '';
  $CRLF = chr(0x0D).chr(0x0A); // ENTER CR + LF 

  $output .= "md \".\\$company\"$CRLF";	// create sony
  $output .= "md \".\\$company\\$console\"$CRLF"; // make sony/ps1
  $output .= "md \".\\$company\\$console\\$videotype\"$CRLF"; // make sony/ps1/ntsc
  $output .= "md \".\\$company\\$console\\$videotype\\$title\"$CRLF"; // make sony/ps1/ntsc/title

  foreach ($folders as $index => $folder) {
      $output .= "md \".\\$company\\$console\\$videotype\\$title\\". str_replace("/","\\",$folder)."\"$CRLF";
  }
  return $output;
}

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just have to change out the %game% variable for %%g with is the variable that contains each line so something like:

@echo off
for /F "tokens=*" %%g in (list.txt) do (
 
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\fixes\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\fixes\blur\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\fixes\render\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\cheats\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\resolution\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\resolution\wide\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\resolution\ultra\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\resolution\super\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\youwant\mod\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps1\%%g\youwant\mod\texture\"

)

pause

 

In addition, I noticed some of your game titles have illegal characters for a Windows file path, so you will need to remove those characters. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_(computing) for a list of invalid characters.

 

If you need to do more complicated things with it, I would recommend not using batch scripting and switching over to a scripting language like the poster above me suggested. I prefer Python for things like this to make it simple, but that is just my preference. If you need, I can give you an example on how to complete this in Python as well.

 

EDIT:

 

I made in Python anyways cause layovers are boring. It will also auto-remove any illegal characters for you. This requires python version 3.5 or above installed. It uses the current working directory in the script so plop this in where you want your file tree to start from (The E:\ directory if I read the screenshots above currently). 

 

from tkinter import filedialog as fd
from pathlib import Path


def remove_illegal_chars(line): # Remove illegal characters to make it easier

    bad_chars = ['<', '>', ':', '"', '/', '\\', '|', "?", "*", "."]
    for i in bad_chars :
        line = line.replace(i, '')
    return line


def main():

    BASE_PATH = Path(Path.cwd() / 'Projects' / 'gamewiki') # Basepath is off the Current Working Directory, change as needed
    SUBDIRECTORIES_UNDER_TITLE = ['fixes', 'fixes\\blur fixes', 'fixes\\render fixes', 'cheats', 'resolutions', 'resolutions\\wide', 
    'resolutions\\ultrawide', 'resolutions\\super', 'mod', 'mod\\textures'] # List of subdirectorys that go under title

    current_console_type = 'ps1' # Change this when you need to
    current_filesystem_type = 'NSFS' # Change this when you need to

    

    with open(fd.askopenfilename()) as file:

        while (title := file.readline().rstrip()):

            title = remove_illegal_chars(title)

            title_path = Path(BASE_PATH / current_console_type / current_filesystem_type / title)

            for i in SUBDIRECTORIES_UNDER_TITLE:
                endpath = Path(title_path / i)
                print(f"Creating the directory {str(endpath)}")

                Path(endpath).mkdir(parents=True, exist_ok=True)


if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()

 

You can just save this a whatever.py and run it with 

python whatever.py

in your command prompt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for delayed reply :3 I got it working. My brother came over yesterday so I was cleaning house/picking him up from airport, so I only had time now. Thank you everyone very much for all the help C: I feel much better educated. Thank you very much. o-o Now time to get to organizing, o-o This is gonna take a bit, but should take 60 hours less then i thought it would o3o 

 

On 10/22/2021 at 2:08 PM, mariushm said:

Oh yeah ... I forgot about the "  "  in case there's spaces in game titles.
In batch files, if the folder names have spaces in them, you need to put the whole path between quotes

ex 

 


md ".\sony\ps2\ntsc\zelda and the fairy grandmother\fixes" 

 

So in the function below where we need " to be printed on screen or dumped to a batch file, we write \"  which means a single "  - we put \ in front to escape it, because in php " means start or end of a string, and by saying \" , php treats it as part of the string.

 


function output_batch($company, $console ,$videotype, $title) {

  $folders = ["fixes", "fixes/blur fixes", "fixes/render fixes","cheats", "resolutions", 
          "resolutions/wide","resolutions/ultrawide","resolutions/super","mod","mod/textures"
          ];

  $output = '';
  $CRLF = chr(0x0D).chr(0x0A); // ENTER CR + LF 

  $output .= "md \".\\$company\"$CRLF";	// create sony
  $output .= "md \".\\$company\\$console\"$CRLF"; // make sony/ps1
  $output .= "md \".\\$company\\$console\\$videotype\"$CRLF"; // make sony/ps1/ntsc
  $output .= "md \".\\$company\\$console\\$videotype\\$title\"$CRLF"; // make sony/ps1/ntsc/title

  foreach ($folders as $index => $folder) {
      $output .= "md \".\\$company\\$console\\$videotype\\$title\\". str_replace("/","\\",$folder)."\"$CRLF";
  }
  return $output;
}

 



Thank you o: That's good to know. about stings, and not having to do some weird like number of letter/symbols to mean ( " ). 

 

 

On 10/22/2021 at 2:22 PM, Eww said:

Just have to change out the %game% variable for %%g with is the variable that contains each line so something like:


@echo off
for /F "tokens=*" %%g in (list.txt) do (
 
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\fixes\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\fixes\blur\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\fixes\render\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\cheats\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\resolution\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\resolution\wide\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\resolution\ultra\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\resolution\super\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps2\%%g\youwant\mod\"
MkDir "E:\Projects\gamewiki\sony\ps1\%%g\youwant\mod\texture\"

)

pause

 

In addition, I noticed some of your game titles have illegal characters for a Windows file path, so you will need to remove those characters. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_(computing) for a list of invalid characters.

 

If you need to do more complicated things with it, I would recommend not using batch scripting and switching over to a scripting language like the poster above me suggested. I prefer Python for things like this to make it simple, but that is just my preference. If you need, I can give you an example on how to complete this in Python as well.

 

EDIT:

 

I made in Python anyways cause layovers are boring. It will also auto-remove any illegal characters for you. This requires python version 3.5 or above installed. It uses the current working directory in the script so plop this in where you want your file tree to start from (The E:\ directory if I read the screenshots above currently). 

 


from tkinter import filedialog as fd
from pathlib import Path


def remove_illegal_chars(line): # Remove illegal characters to make it easier

    bad_chars = ['<', '>', ':', '"', '/', '\\', '|', "?", "*", "."]
    for i in bad_chars :
        line = line.replace(i, '')
    return line


def main():

    BASE_PATH = Path(Path.cwd() / 'Projects' / 'gamewiki') # Basepath is off the Current Working Directory, change as needed
    SUBDIRECTORIES_UNDER_TITLE = ['fixes', 'fixes\\blur fixes', 'fixes\\render fixes', 'cheats', 'resolutions', 'resolutions\\wide', 
    'resolutions\\ultrawide', 'resolutions\\super', 'mod', 'mod\\textures'] # List of subdirectorys that go under title

    current_console_type = 'ps1' # Change this when you need to
    current_filesystem_type = 'NSFS' # Change this when you need to

    

    with open(fd.askopenfilename()) as file:

        while (title := file.readline().rstrip()):

            title = remove_illegal_chars(title)

            title_path = Path(BASE_PATH / current_console_type / current_filesystem_type / title)

            for i in SUBDIRECTORIES_UNDER_TITLE:
                endpath = Path(title_path / i)
                print(f"Creating the directory {str(endpath)}")

                Path(endpath).mkdir(parents=True, exist_ok=True)


if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()

 

You can just save this a whatever.py and run it with 


python whatever.py

in your command prompt

This worked really well,  I installed python 3.10.0 o: Everything, the path, and debugging stuff o: Is their anything I should be worried about vulnerability wise? I presume no, as long as I follow best practices o,...,o Python is almost like reading english.... Almost o.o I hear that said about PHP a lot. o.o 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, MairuFrost said:

This worked really well,  I installed python 3.10.0 o: Everything, the path, and debugging stuff o: Is their anything I should be worried about vulnerability wise? I presume no, as long as I follow best practices o,...,o Python is almost like reading english.... Almost o.o I hear that said about PHP a lot. o.o 

No vulnerabilities you need to worry about, its all run locally and you're the one running it. 

 

Python is designed to have a very readable syntax, it makes it easier for someone like me who's day job isn't programming to be as functional as possible when you need to script something out. It's a good language to learn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

Newegg

×