lancool 2 mesh (i am kind of dissapointed)

Ricotta Elmar

hey guys,

as of today i got a lan cool mesh 2, ofc i could do some research but i only looked to temprature graphs, so i trusted gamers nexus

now that i transfered all my hw in this case , i noticed a couple things,
1. the gpu temprature, in my old meshify s2 it was arround 45-46 c and fans rarly spun up in idle stuff like web browsing,

in the lancool 2 mesh the gpu idles at 49-51c and fans spins up witch is not what i expected from a "cool" case witch is high in the temprature charts of gn, it suppose to be cooler than my meshify s2

2. for the pricetag, no usb-c ok i accepted that and bought it sepparatly ,

3. it feels and looks cheaper than i expected,

1. the top i/o pannel fully exposed inside the case and the light makes it more vissibble to,

2. the fans, they look like they are  from ali express with lian-li sticker on it, and it is not even pasted straight,

3. top filter is in the way of the rubber pins i use, it also looks cheap,

4. fans are so tightly screwed in that the bracket got bended abit and even scrached,

i wonder if this case realy performs that well  under load, if it is already 3 degree hotter in idle , i have my doubts,

it do looks beter than  the meshify s2 though,

i use same fan setup , 3 front intake 1 back  and 1 top back exhaust,

i misjudged lian-li, i did not expect this, i think if this turns out worse than my old meshify s2 i return the case and buy a meshify 2 compact instead,

my meshify s2 is well beaten up, scrached,

1 hour ago, Ricotta Elmar said:

hey guys,

as of today i got a lan cool mesh 2, ofc i could do some research but i only looked to temprature graphs, so i trusted gamers nexus

1. the gpu temprature, in my old meshify s2 it was arround 45-46 c and fans rarly spun up in idle stuff like web browsing,

in the lancool 2 mesh the gpu idles at 49-51c and fans spins up witch is not what i expected from a "cool" case witch is high in the temprature charts of gn, it suppose to be cooler than my meshify s2

1. the top i/o pannel fully exposed inside the case and the light makes it more vissibble to,

2. the fans, they look like they are  from ali express with lian-li sticker on it, and it is not even pasted straight,

4. fans are so tightly screwed in that the bracket got bended abit and even scrached,

i wonder if this case realy performs that well  under load, if it is already 3 degree hotter in idle , i have my doubts,

i misjudged lian-li, i did not expect this, i think if this turns out worse than my old meshify s2 i return the case and buy a meshify 2 compact instead,

GN tests specific things in a specific way, so it’s often a Ymmv thing.  My suspicion is at the least your s2 is set up differently than their test system.  Part of the issue is fluid dynamics is just funky, complex, and situationally dependent.  One could, I suspect build a case that is designed specifically to behave very well in the tests GN does, but might be awful if even small things were changed.  I kinda doubt they have THAT much influence in the industry to the point that companies are building cases just to game their test systems, but it illustrates how specific stuff can be.  It might be possible to see if something is grotesquely wrong with your setup (I doubt it but it’s not impossible) both sets of numbers are quite deep into the “there’s no issue here” area though. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, Ricotta Elmar said:

hey guys,

i think to compare apples to apples you have to set up the same as the other case was. even the same fans for that matter.

i still have bets that the gpu should be cooler with fans on the psu shroud...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

2 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

i think to compare apples to apples you have to set up the same as the other case was. even the same fans for that matter.

i still have bets that the gpu should be cooler with fans on the psu shroud...

But that would mess up the air flow

39 minutes ago, Ricotta Elmar said:

mesh. filter, ambient temp, dissidence from front to mb, lots of things. 3 degrees is well with in the user error, cross flow from other fans. distance from gpu to glass. even if you have 3 of the same fan they can vary up to 10% of each other. one small thing running the the background in the os can thow the whole test off.

even gamer nexus said take his findings with a grange of salt.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

15 hours ago, Ricotta Elmar said:

Thanks for sharing. A high quality case is very important to me.

I use a Define R6 as a good compromise between noise dampening and airflow.

Many many people and reviews keep telling how good mesh cases are.
But while they are good for airflow a thin perforated plate of metal is not as stable and easy wipeable as a solid metal plate.
I think I will go for a mini/compact version of the fractal design torrent some day.
It has good airflow and is still pretty solid and strong.

My build:

CPU

Intel Core i7 9700 8x 3.00GHz So.1151

CPU cooler

be quiet! Shadow Rock Slim

Motherboard

MSI B360-A PRO Intel B360 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

RAM

16GB (4x 4096MB) HyperX FURY black DDR4-2666

GPU

8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX2070 WindForce 2X 3xDP/HDMI

SSD

500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280

HDD

4000GB WD Red WD40EFRX Intellipower 64MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

Power Supply

bequiet! Straight Power 750W Platinum

Case

Fractal Design Define R6
3x bequiet! Silent Wings 3 PWM

So what case should one advice me , that do well with cooling ? Atx, not to large , i was thinking meshfy 2 compact but  i don't like the front, maby if it had white mesh it would be different, and i dont like to have thumbscrews on glass pannel, 

1 hour ago, Ricotta Elmar said:

So what case should one advice me , that do well with cooling ? Atx, not to large , i was thinking meshfy 2 compact but  i don't like the front, maby if it had white mesh it would be different, and i dont like to have thumbscrews on glass pannel, 

I currently have Be Quiet 500DX and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a case with good airflow.

But compared to Fractal Meshify and Lancool Mesh they are all very similar.

In Gamers Nexus temp charts they are all within a couple degrees of each other. 

I switched case from a Lian Li O11D to the 500DX while also changing CPU cooler from a 360AIO to Noctua NH-D15. 

CPU temps dropped by 2-3°C but my GPU temps increased by the same amount due to no bottom intake fans. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

2 hours ago, Boyohan said:

I currently have Be Quiet 500DX and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a case with good airflow.

But compared to Fractal Meshify and Lancool Mesh they are all very similar.

In Gamers Nexus temp charts they are all within a couple degrees of each other. 

I switched case from a Lian Li O11D to the 500DX while also changing CPU cooler from a 360AIO to Noctua NH-D15. 

CPU temps dropped by 2-3°C but my GPU temps increased by the same amount due to no bottom intake fans. 

Humm , well thing is is my gpu is hot my cpu temp raises to, , i myself have a darkrock pro 4 on it its big to cool but also catch alot gpu heat

12 hours ago, Ricotta Elmar said:

Humm , well thing is is my gpu is hot my cpu temp raises to, , i myself have a darkrock pro 4 on it its big to cool but also catch alot gpu heat

If you want the coolest of the cool and the quietest of the quiet the solution is generally a test bench type system and accept that you will have to dust it a lot and worry about things like insects.  Also they tend to annoy some people aesthetically.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

13 hours ago, Ricotta Elmar said:

https://www.amazon.ca/Thermaltake-Tempered-Panoramic-Certified-CA-1G4-00M1WN-06/dp/B07BFGB8Z6/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2ZHZ0BUJMZR9D&dchild=1&keywords=thermaltake&qid=1634955423&sprefix=thermaltake%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-1

61zE5QFHYLL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

13 hours ago, Ricotta Elmar said:

we dont even no what your setup is or the temps...at this point sound like your making things up.... runs hot means nothing

11 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

we dont even no what your setup is or the temps...at this point sound like your making things up.... runs hot means nothing

In idle my gpu is 49-51c , it was 45-46 before , so if it runs hotter in idle , it means the gpu is less cooler in high load also

45 minutes ago, Ricotta Elmar said:

In idle my gpu is 49-51c , it was 45-46 before , so if it runs hotter in idle , it means the gpu is less cooler in high load also

what the temp in hi load? if its under 85c then there no problems

On 10/22/2021 at 6:52 AM, Ricotta Elmar said:

Depends on fans speeds too. Lancool II Mesh has ventilation on the psu side panel so the bottom fans should intake from there at least in theory.