Can i use this PC to make movies like DC animated ones?

RaviTripathi981

Since i only have access to this windows  xp machine and 1 year time to make movies like recent injustice movie from DC 

Software i have:-

Adobe photoshop cs2

Adobe premire pro 6 and after effects 6

3ds max 7

Pro tools 8

Pls tell can i make movie on avove platform??

in theory?  Yes.  

Realistically?  Not a damned chance.  If it's a windows XP box, it's going to be very slow, and will take ages to render anything.  Nevermind video editing.

Also, you're clearly not trained on these apps, since you're asking the question, so you'd also have to learn them which is not a 1 week job.  

No the machine has core i7 2500, 16 gb ddr4 Ram, Nvidia gtx 460 in SLi,1 tb Hdd 

Then would it be fast enough now??

Ummm, So first things first: That's an old machine. UNlikely you'll make something like DC who likely has many times more powerful hardware.

Second: It also depends on YOU. You're experience is generally far more important. Software is also important.

You CAN make a movie, but I doubt you can make a 1080p movie, with effects, with that hardware, without major slowdowns.

Also, since when did 2nd gen support DDR4?

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

3 minutes ago, RaviTripathi981 said:

Then would it be fast enough now??

Do you have the still to use these programs? You will be skill limited here, not computer limited. 

Your won't be able to make the latest and greatest with this pc, but even pretty old cgi movies look pretty good still.

Southpark was made with ONLY Adobe Flash back in the day that will run with only 1ghz PC.

Yeah, why not. Don't let the machine dictate your creativity.

You need skills to do it, and it won't come overnight.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 hours ago, RaviTripathi981 said:

Since i only have access to this windows  xp machine and 1 year time to make movies like recent injustice movie from DC 

Do you mean you have one year? If so, no way in hell are you going to make an animated movie in one year. 

8 hours ago, RaviTripathi981 said:

Are you sure it's windows xp and not windows 7 ? Because unless you have that rare 64bit version of Windows xp, you won't be using 75% of that RAM. Not to mention, there's literally no reason to use XP considering next to nothing works on it anymore. Forget using the internet on that thing to look for information.

If your plan is to make a SHORT movie, sure, you could. The rest depends entirely on your own skills with those softwares.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

11 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Are you sure it's windows xp and not windows 7 ? Because unless you have that rare 64bit version of Windows xp, you won't be using 75% of that RAM. Not to mention, there's literally no reason to use XP considering next to nothing works on it anymore. Forget using the internet on that thing to look for information.

If your plan is to make a SHORT movie, sure, you could. The rest depends entirely on your own skills with those softwares.

Also Windows XP wasn't programmed to utilize more than a single core,

So you leave a lot of performance on the table going with XP.

And the 64 bit version didn't support 32 bit programs.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

18 hours ago, Vishera said:

Also Windows XP wasn't programmed to utilize more than a single core,

So you leave a lot of performance on the table going with XP.

And the 64 bit version didn't support 32 bit programs.

Who told you this shit?

A simple google search clearly tells Windows xp 64 bit can support dual quad core processor workstation.

Also i7 980x hexa core processor is xp compatible !