Land rovers new invisible bonnet technology, one step closer to being full on invisable

brownninja97

36916_4_land_rover_invisible_bonnet_conc

So there is a new concept from land rover. basically what happens is that the car takes a bunch of pictures of the under side and projects them on the hud in front of you. This could help with going up mountains or finding out if the animal you hit is ok. Im sure it could help you to find out if someone is under your car(first world problems). Its pure concept at the moment so i have no idea what could happen, it could make it to production cars or the extreme cars or none.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/36916/land-rover-invisible-bonnet-concept-creates-a-see-through-car/index.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

>finding out if the animal you hit is ok

dafuk. If you hit some animal or person get out of your car you lazy bum! lol

all i see is 

>

:ph34r:

The grammar nazi in me can't hold back  :wacko:

"invisable" in the title  :o  :o

Back to the topic doe, really cool tech, would be cool to see it all round the car, so you can see through the fakkin poles that block your vison (blindzone)

That would be quite useful for pilots so they don't need glass cutouts on the bottom of their choppers/airplanes

144Hz goodness

i only came to this post because of invisible spelled invisable

it was bothering me plz fix.

on topic: thats cool. now we just need cars to take pictures of all their surroundings(in real time, so 60fps) and then the entire car body should be a high res screen showing what the cameras see, therefore the car would be invisible except for the wheels :P

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Back to the topic doe, really cool tech, would be cool to see it all round the car, so you can see through the fakkin poles that block your vison (blindzone)

on topic: thats cool. now we just need cars to take pictures of all their surroundings(in real time, so 60fps) and then the entire car body should be a high res screen showing what the cameras see, therefore the car would be invisible except for the wheels :P

Chrome auto corrected it to what the title says

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You guys are this:

lol

You guys are this:

lol

Haha, i grew up loving that movie. Might explain why  :lol:

The grammar nazi in me can't hold back :wacko:

"invisable" in the title :o:o

Don't be the dick that corrects grammar, when you don't even have proper grammar yourself.

Though* Thru* Vision*

Seriously dude, what the heck is "through"?

Don't be the dick that corrects grammar, when you don't even have proper grammar yourself.

Though* Thru* Vision*

Seriously dude, what the heck is "through"?

Grammar is not my priority on this forum (except titles)   :lol:

Writing on a shitty laptop btw

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/through

You know "thru" is the trailer trash way of saying it, right?

Also, doe is the cool way of saying it  B)   

Grammar is not my priority on this forum (except titles) :lol:

Writing on a shitty laptop btw

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/through

You know "thru" is the trailer trash way of saying it, right?

Also, doe is the cool way of saying it B)

Learned something new today.

Learned something new today.

LTT is a place for education  :lol:

This, would be very cool for going offroading.

sysloc

Chrome auto corrected it to what the title says

this cant be true! because I was using chrome on my laptop at school to write my post that spelled it correctly! BWHAHAH busted u little buttercup!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

this cant be true! because I was using chrome on my laptop at school to write my post that spelled it correctly! BWHAHAH busted u little buttercup!

what would i get out of lying, fuck it ill say decolourisation in the future. fuck you chrome its colour not color jesus

Listen if you care.

...wat

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

Works great until the underside of the car gets, you know, muddy going off road and the camera is covered in mud

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Witchcraft!

...wat

Its very simple, it has a few cameras recording the stuff on the ground, it then projects the feed of that onto the windscreen with the illusion that its on the bonnet, im interested on the viewing angle of it.

Listen if you care.

Works great until the underside of the car gets, you know, muddy going off road and the camera is covered in mud

Knowing land rover there will likely be some sort of way to avoid this issue or its as still as lifting the cameras up into their own little compartment. 

Listen if you care.

Its very simple, it has a few cameras recording the stuff on the ground, it then projects the feed of that onto the windscreen with the illusion that its on the bonnet, im interested on the viewing angle of it.

Yeah it's fascinating, very cool in my opinion.

Yeah it would be a cool feature and useful, but... What's so special about a camera / cameras showing the bottom of the vehicle and displaying it to the driver? The fact that it can project the image of the camera(s) onto the HUD is pretty neat and useful, but is it any more special than that? It's not like looking through the object (the front of the car), but showing on a display (HUD) what is behind that.

EDIT: looks like brownninja97 beat me to it. Damn you, you little ninja! Pun intended

EDIT #2: I even forgot that brownninja97 is the OP of this thread...  :blink:

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.