A320M Board and Zen3?

I own Gigabyte A320M-S2h and when i look for Bios Update i notice they recently have new bios (F54c) with new AGESA update then i see the cpu support list and it support Zen3 cpu (R5 5600x,R7 5800x,etc)
is it really good idea to use that Budget mobo for Zen 3?
I hear someone in china have done Zen 3 on Asrock mobo but i never thought anyone would actually implement it
Gigabyte A320M-S2h CPU Support List https://www.gigabyte.com/Ajax/SupportFunction/Getcpulist?Type=Product&Value=6473

Gigabyte A320M-S2h Rev 1.2
Ryzen 5 1600 w/ Stock Wraith Spire

Micron 8GB 2666MHz From HP Prebuilt @ 3533MHz CL18 (Single Channel)

MSI RX 460 4GB OC w/ RX 560 Bios for couple months

WD Green 240GB m.2 SATA III 
WD Blue 7200RPM 1TB
WD Blue 5400RPM 1TB
Seagate Pipeline 5900RPM 500GB
Zalman ZM600-HP (Heatpipe Utilized PSU) 600W 

No it's a REALLY bad board. It struggles to handle any six core ryzen don't even bother with an 8 core version.

If you want a powerful cpu you need a decent board doesn't even have to be expensive. A Msi b550 pro A goes for around 110-125$ and handles up to a ryzen 5900x like a champ.

1 hour ago, POWER_ID said:

I own Gigabyte A320M-S2h and when i look for Bios Update i notice they recently have new bios (F54c) with new AGESA update then i see the cpu support list and it support Zen3 cpu (R5 5600x,R7 5800x,etc)
is it really good idea to use that Budget mobo for Zen 3?
I hear someone in china have done Zen 3 on Asrock mobo but i never thought anyone would actually implement it
Gigabyte A320M-S2h CPU Support List https://www.gigabyte.com/Ajax/SupportFunction/Getcpulist?Type=Product&Value=6473

You could technically run a 5600x on that board as it's listed on it's supported cpu list : https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-cpu

but according to this review from GN: 

the 5600x can draw up to 68 watts stock, and your motherboard's VRMs wouldn't like that. Worst case scenario is that the motherboard would throttle the cpu to keep the VRMs from going too hot for too long.

If you're insisting on doing this, i would suggest you get some more fans for your case (assuming you don't have any) and get a downdraft cpu cooler/use the stock cooler, as they blow air towards the motherboard, and therefore coolingg the VRMs in the process.

Best of luck 

Feel free to @ me if you have any questions!
Please press the button if you think my advice was helpful! Thanks!

"Min-Maxing may not always be the best thing to do, but I will always try." - Me, 2021

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-Zotac gtx 970 (the wimpy version)
-256gb V-gen nvme ssd (@ me if you want to know how I gave my P67 board NVME support)
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

1 hour ago, MrP6k said:

You could technically run a 5600x on that board as it's listed on it's supported cpu list : https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-1x/support#support-cpu

the 5600x can draw up to 68 watts stock, and your motherboard's VRMs wouldn't like that. Worst case scenario is that the motherboard would throttle the cpu to keep the VRMs from going too hot for too long.

If you're insisting on doing this, i would suggest you get some more fans for your case (assuming you don't have any) and get a downdraft cpu cooler/use the stock cooler, as they blow air towards the motherboard, and therefore coolingg the VRMs in the process.

Best of luck 

I get what you are saying but the board literally does not have vrm heatsinks and some air being blown on those poor overworked parts isn't going to do much.

I mean literally like 15 minutes ago there was another post of someone's gigabyte b450 ds3h board breaking because of their 5600x which is the bit better but still crap version of this board so to say.

These boards just simply suck. I've had one come in with a stock 2400g that was causing emergency shutdowns of the board. Probably an exception here and just a badly made one but like a 2400g isn't even that hard of a cpu to run.

57 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I get what you are saying but the board literally does not have vrm heatsinks and some air being blown on those poor overworked parts isn't going to do much.

I mean literally like 15 minutes ago there was another post of someone's gigabyte b450 ds3h board breaking because of their 5600x which is the bit better but still crap version of this board so to say.

These boards just simply suck. I've had one come in with a stock 2400g that was causing emergency shutdowns of the board. Probably an exception here and just a badly made one but like a 2400g isn't even that hard of a cpu to run.

I really didn't expect that motherboard to be so bad that it would shut down that frequently. a friend of mine has a 3500/3500x running on a a320m s2h v2 and it seems to be doing just fine, so i really just expected this motherboard to be the same, so i just recommended them the exact same configuration my friend's running his at.

Here's a success story i had found:

I'm not saying they should, but someone has done it with success before.

Sorry if i sounded like i was fully supporting the idea in the other post, i wasn't. I just wanted to give the guy the best chance he has if he insists on doing it

My bad

"Min-Maxing may not always be the best thing to do, but I will always try." - Me, 2021

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-256gb V-gen nvme ssd (@ me if you want to know how I gave my P67 board NVME support)
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

24 minutes ago, MrP6k said:

I really didn't expect that motherboard to be so bad that it would shut down that frequently. a friend of mine has a 3500/3500x running on a a320m s2h v2 and it seems to be doing just fine, so i really just expected this motherboard to be the same, so i just recommended them the exact same configuration my friend's running his at.

Here's a success story i had found:

I'm not saying they should, but someone has done it with success before.

It's more of a case of longevity. The harder you hit the cpu with heavy loads the worse it gets for the motherboard. Do keep in mind the 3500 is only a 6 core not the normal 6core/12threaded ones. I do admit I keep forgetting that thing exists as it's such a weird and useless product in the ryzen lineup.

So just because it works now doesn't mean it will work for a long time. It's really pushing that board beyond it's limits.

27 minutes ago, MrP6k said:

Sorry if i sounded like i was fully supporting the idea in the other post, i wasn't. I just wanted to give the guy the best chance he has if he insists on doing it

No I understood you were giving information about it not being the best option and you of course cannot know everything but it's pretty well known that the ds2h from gigabyte is a pretty easy board to kill/have a unstable system with the moment you exit the low to low mid range cpu's. So I have no problems with your answer but I did want to fill in that it should be a not recommended board for this.

6 hours ago, MrP6k said:

Best of luck 

the 5600x can draw up to 68 watts stock

tbf, my Ryzen 5 1600 at stock without any oc obviously averaging at 80-83W, if you dare to run the cooler (in my case its Wraith Spire so its giving the vrm some nice airflow) below like 40% the vrm gonna hit 100℃ after couple minutes and eventually its gonna hit its throttle point which is 117*C
and no i wont upgrade to even Ryzen 7 1800x with this board since it would just leaving performance on table
im just curious why Gigabyte decided to officially release Bios Update that include Zen 3 Based CPU support

WD Blue 7200RPM 1TB
WD Blue 5400RPM 1TB

It's probably okay if they gave the high-end X370 board support but come on this GA-A320M-S2h is the very budget motherboard
They don't even have this X370 support Zen 3 CPU yet, so they really make the A320M have Zen 3 capability
GA-AX370-Gaming 5 CPU Support List

WD Blue 7200RPM 1TB
WD Blue 5400RPM 1TB

10 hours ago, POWER_ID said:

It's probably okay if they gave the high-end X370 board support but come on this GA-A320M-S2h is the very budget motherboard
They don't even have this X370 support Zen 3 CPU yet, so they really make the A320M have Zen 3 capability
GA-AX370-Gaming 5 CPU Support List

Guess it just comes down to which one has more demand? I'd assume there'd be more of the a320 boards than there are of the x370 ones out there

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r