S9 crazy temp readings

Hi guys, my s9 works normally but today i download cpu-z to check my temperatures and they are unbelievable, i checked and saw people who were worried abt getting 40-41c temps and then there's me, mine are in the 60-70c range(while gaming when the phone is idle the temps are around 40c) and idk what to do i was playing cod on high settings and did not stutter for once, i ran a 3dmark benchmark on my phone and it ws better than 92% of them, the phone does not feel hot to the touch at 40c while it should i have this other phone and it starts to feel hot when i am gaming and the temps hit 38-39 (just adding ofc yes the phones feels fairly hot like hot hot when it reaches those 60-70 temp ranges) so does anyone know what is happening here 

Ok i ran some geekbench tests and the results show that it does thermal throttle to control the temps which means that it isn't one of those which are rooted and set to not thermal throttle at all to give max performance at the cost of damage ig, i mean we cant check this much while buying a phone (talking from an avg user's perspective) my temperature readings are incorrect i feel (i tried a few apps and they showed readings like these) are my temp sensors fucking or is it because  of the broken android 9 one ui 1.0 wdyt

Screenshot_20211001-055758_Geekbench 5.jpg

My ExyNoS based phones of the past do that... idles pretty warm and with Australian location, Summer gets warm on phones...
Note 9 as of now, the same shit exynos chipset heat argument again... I have the same symptoms as you.

Seems fine, is fast, benchmarks tell me its throttling a little bit and warm, but acts like 90-95% of its performance when warmer.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Hmm my phone starts warming up from the same area as other normal s9s (close to the power button) and the heat spreads out nicely to the rest of the body (the phone does not feel painful to touch as 65-70c should, i would describe it as slightly unpleasant). Anyways, should i keep using it then? Would it be safe? Should i be worried? And does this mean that this is some bullshit done by samsung cause clearly my phone's scores are ok

Main thing is not overheating the battery. CPU running at 65C doesn't mean the whole phone would be the same temperature.

To reduce heat output:

1) don't charge phone during heavy use

2) reduce screen brightness

3) avoid direct sunlight hitting the phone

And if holding the phone is not comfortable you can control it over adb from a computer(even Raspberry Pi) using scrcpy.

-> Moved to Phones and Tablets

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, RageTester said:

Main thing is not overheating the battery. CPU running at 65C doesn't mean the whole phone would be the same temperature.

To reduce heat output:

1) don't charge phone during heavy use

2) reduce screen brightness

3) avoid direct sunlight hitting the phone

And if holding the phone is not comfortable you can control it over adb from a computer(even Raspberry Pi) using scrcpy.

Oh no i didn't mean that all the components get hot i meant the body (its good as a heatsink) and the battery temps are good around 37c they dont go crazy like the cpu, btw i was wondering umm is there a chance that my phone's heatsink heatsink isn't perfectly intact with cpu or its missing some thermal compound i was just thinking, does that make any sense to you? 

1 hour ago, ToadSpit said:

Oh no i didn't mean that all the components get hot i meant the body (its good as a heatsink) and the battery temps are good around 37c they dont go crazy like the cpu, btw i was wondering umm is there a chance that my phone's heatsink heatsink isn't perfectly intact with cpu or its missing some thermal compound i was just thinking, does that make any sense to you? 

I understand and this is pretty normal for many people