dreamin

Go to solution Solved by Somerandomtechyboi,
7 hours ago, Liquid_Toxic said:

Ooof overpaying for tridentz royals and stupidly overkill and basically useless board, if you overclock on ambient that board is never gonna be pushed to its limits

If you wanna get abit serious with overclocking on that board get an aquarium waterchiller or build a waterchiller yourself with an old ac unit, you can run abit above ambient so maybe 20c all times or run sebzero with some antifreeze though you will need to do some insulation, linus has done this with threadripper in the past so check those vids out

If you are really serious then you are looking into building a phase change system or have someone build you a phase change system, i think they can get as chilly as -40c or something so thats if you are really serious on overclocking, although if you wanna chill the gpu alongside the cpu you are gonna need another phase change system

Water chiller wise you can just make a custom loop to chill both cpu and gpu, might even wanna do some subzero ram but youll prob want to use a diff system for that to make sure its always subzero, maybe a tec ram cooler would suffice though youll have to fab it yourself and do some insulation

Insulation wise if you are really serious on ocing and wanna go sub ambient or even subzero i think you can use a variety of stuff like kneadable art eraser, closed cell foam, heck ive even seen ppl use vaseline xD  for protecting stuff from shorts then use some liquid tape, for absorbing any condensed liquid use some shop towels

the name of the PC i build will be called, "dreamin"

a 4k gaming/ streaming/ editing workstation

Budget (including currency): $10,000.00 USD (10k)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Resolve with 10 bit 4k video files, StreamLabs OBS, Crysis, borderlands, Diablo 2:R, C.O.D. Warzone

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

This is the newegg wish list:

https://newegg.io/8509b5b

MoBo - ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming II

RAM - G.SKILL Z Royal Elite 64GB (4 x 16GB) 3600 (CL 14)

CPU - Intel Core i9-10980 XE (18c 32t )

AIO - Corsair H150i ELITE 360mm

GPU - NVIDIA EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 HYBRID COPPER

WC - CORSAIR Hydro X Series iCUE XH305i

PSU - Seasonic SYNCRO 850w 80+ Platinum

SSD - SAMSUNG 980 PRO 2 TB (boot)

SSD - SAMSUNG 970 EVO+ 2 TB (media)

SSD - SAMSUNG 870 EVO 4TB (storage)

HDD - WD Black 8 TB (back-up)

Sound Card - Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus

Capture Card - Elgato 4k60 PRO Mk.2

PhysX Card - CORN GTX 750

CASE - Corsair 5000X RGB

APC - APC BX1500M

RGB - LIAN LI STRIMER PLUS 24 PIN

Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut

WIN X PRO

Monitor - Samsung Odyssey G7

Headset - Logitech G Pro X 

Keyboard - Corsair K70 Mk.2 MX Speed

Mouse - Mad Catz R.A.T. 8

Upgrading From A Dell Inspiron 7559S Notebook

CPU - intel i7 4c4t @ 3ghz

GPU - Nvidia 960m 

RAM - HyperX 16GB ddr3 2133mhz

SSD - Samsung 860 Evo 1TB x2

Monitor - 16" 4k Touchscreen

I am buying this next month and would like any advice is appreciated. 

i need to play games 1440p @ 240 FPS and edit 10-bit 4k up to 120 mins.

I want to turn the case side panal into a LCD transparent screen eventually; is this possible?

This doesnt help that you just put together a list of some of the most expensive parts for the lols.

5950x is better then the 10980xe for most tasks, although the 10980xe has more PCIE lanes.

And The worst part is that you think you need a physx Card....

Also dont use Conductonaut.

Samsung oddy Monitors have Many issues, i dont reccomend them.

@Shimejii 

it is not for lols, it is for my credit card.

i do not prefer AMD over intel.

the physxcard can squeeze more frames out of games with physX.

why should i not use liquid metal thermal compound?

what is another monitor that is 32" 1440p 240HZ HDR?

30 minutes ago, Liquid_Toxic said:

PhysX Card - CORN GTX 750

PhysX is dead but you definitely do not need a separate card to run PhysX if you have a 3080ti. There's hardly any games that support it. You only saw benefit from a 2nd card when physX first came out and the GPUs of the time weren't powerful enough.

Having the 2nd GPU in the system would block airflow to the 3080ti and you would lose more performance from the higher temperatures than you would ever gain from a PhysX card.

RGB - LIAN LI STRIMER PLUS 24 PIN

Waste of $60 for something that is just going to give you issues. Avoid extension cables altogether, if you want fancy looking cables buy a modular PSU with custom cables that replace the stock ones.

Capture Card - Elgato 4k60 PRO Mk.2

Are you planning on capturing from a 2nd computer or console? If not you don't need a capture card.

PSU - Seasonic SYNCRO 850w 80+ Platinum

Seasonic PSUs have problems with Ampere GPUs. You would also need to check to make sure the Syncro is compatible with your case if you did still want to go with it.

MoBo - ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming II

RAM - G.SKILL Z Royal Elite 64GB (4 x 16GB) 3600 (CL 14)

CPU - Intel Core i9-10980 XE (18c 32t )

Unless you need to utilise AVX512 instruction set or additional PCIe lanes grab a 5950X and X570 instead.

That Trident Z Royal RAM is extremely overpriced. You can get some Vengeance RGB or G.Skill Trident RGB 4x16GB 3600MHz kits for half the cost of those. With the Trident Z Royals you're paying $300 extra just for a bit of gold coloured paint.

Monitor - Samsung Odyssey G7

These have been plagued with issues. I would avoid them personally, but if you are willing to deal with multiple returns to try and get a functioning monitor then sure.

Sound Card - Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus

Use motherboard onboard sound. If it sucks or isn't suitable for whatever reason you can buy an add-in sound card later.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

5 minutes ago, Liquid_Toxic said:

@Shimejii 

it is not for lols, it is for my credit card.

i do not prefer AMD over intel.

the physxcard can squeeze more frames out of games with physX.

why should i not use liquid metal thermal compound?

what is another monitor that is 32" 1440p 240HZ HDR?

OK but the 10980xe is just flat out WORSE like a fair bit worse than a 5950x all whilst consuming easily double the power.

That physxcard is useless and will make stuff worse than just using the 3080 on it's own for like the one game that still uses it a bit.

Because it corrodes certain metals not good for longevity

For monitor dont even bother with anything above 144hz you won't notice a difference. Also you are doing proffesional level work so you really should get a COLOR ACCURATE MONITOR as at least a secondary one

Here is a core build:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Zmqzqp

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($745.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($197.00 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($159.97 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($2989.00 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower Case  ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($204.99 @ Corsair)
Total: $4580.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-09-28 06:45 EDT-0400

Add the watercooling of your choice. Add the storage you need. Either way this thing is already just flat out better in every way and I'm way under budget. Go get one of those asus proart screens for 1k and get a decent gaming screen too.

Anything else you don't need as it's just not going to add anything but work and clutter.

I concur on the bad CPU choice. 5950X will destroy the 10980XE, and if you really need the additional cores/threads or PCIe lanes, you can go Threadripper. Intel's HEDT platform is a dog that doesn't hunt. There's better options left and right.

What really caught me was the drives, though. You've got 2TB of super fast Gen4 storage devoted to a boot drive. Sorry, but that's just dumb. You'd get just as much perf from a boot drive with a SATA SSD. Where you need fast storage is for your media/storage drives. Things like project files, 4K raw, etc. Is where Gen4 storage makes sense.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

thank you all for the advice, the 5950x will be put on the table. ttys

• 2 weeks later...

thank you all for your help once again, i am about to build a 5950x on an asus dark hero; thus changing the PSU to the EVGA 1200 P3 and an all custom water cooling solution... 

HOWEVER!

that will all come NEXT month and I couldn't wait that long. apparently...

So, I ordered the MSI G73 Raider 11UH-053 and the mini space ship lands thurdays... 

ttys

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Liquid_Toxic said:

Ooof overpaying for tridentz royals and stupidly overkill and basically useless board, if you overclock on ambient that board is never gonna be pushed to its limits

If you wanna get abit serious with overclocking on that board get an aquarium waterchiller or build a waterchiller yourself with an old ac unit, you can run abit above ambient so maybe 20c all times or run sebzero with some antifreeze though you will need to do some insulation, linus has done this with threadripper in the past so check those vids out

If you are really serious then you are looking into building a phase change system or have someone build you a phase change system, i think they can get as chilly as -40c or something so thats if you are really serious on overclocking, although if you wanna chill the gpu alongside the cpu you are gonna need another phase change system

Water chiller wise you can just make a custom loop to chill both cpu and gpu, might even wanna do some subzero ram but youll prob want to use a diff system for that to make sure its always subzero, maybe a tec ram cooler would suffice though youll have to fab it yourself and do some insulation

Insulation wise if you are really serious on ocing and wanna go sub ambient or even subzero i think you can use a variety of stuff like kneadable art eraser, closed cell foam, heck ive even seen ppl use vaseline xD  for protecting stuff from shorts then use some liquid tape, for absorbing any condensed liquid use some shop towels

• 2 weeks later...