Build:

Alienware R12

Intel i9 11900kf OC 5ghz

3080ti stock

32GB HyperX 3466

1TB M.2

1.6tb intel SSD

Dell S2722DGM 165hz monitor

I can't figure out for the life of me why my FPS are so low compared to others. I run Shadow of the tomb raider benchmark and get average 77 FPS at 1440p resolution. I don't know what I have setup wrong but I know I should be getting more FPS than that, I have yet to see over 100fps in any game I have played.

Advice so I can stop pulling my hair out trying to figure this out...LOL

str1.JPG

str2.JPG

str3.jpg

What temperatures do you reach while you run benchmark? 

If your components are frying themselves alive they will downclock to survive in turn reducing their performance and your FPS.

Also what kind of PSU does your PC have?

GPU : RTX 3070 Gaming X TRIO | CPU : Ryzen 5 7600 \ COOLER : Deepcool AK620 | MOBO : ASUS TUF Gaming B650 Plus | RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 16GBx2 6200 MHz \ Storage : Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB \ PSU : Corsair TX750M | CASE : Be Quite! Pure Base 500DX Black

The Aurora line is a flaming dumpster fire. In your case, it's probably the thermals. The case doesn't have much airflow to begin with, and then they've plastered about 10 lbs of plastic ridiculousness around it. Stick a 11900KF and 3080 Ti in it and it probably thermal throttles at idle. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

7 hours ago, DontBeSillyWrapYourWilly said:

What temperatures do you reach while you run benchmark? 

If your components are frying themselves alive they will downclock to survive in turn reducing their performance and your FPS.

Also what kind of PSU does your PC have?

I have a 1000w PSU but not sure the brand name (came from alienware) and i'm not to sure it's going to be the thermals (see attached pic)

6 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

The Aurora line is a flaming dumpster fire. In your case, it's probably the thermals. The case doesn't have much airflow to begin with, and then they've plastered about 10 lbs of plastic ridiculousness around it. Stick a 11900KF and 3080 Ti in it and it probably thermal throttles at idle. 

Yeah, I have seen a bunch of reviews about the alienware R12 and thermal issues (changed intake fan already) I don't watch that guy though, he seems to hate everything that's not AMD...lol

str4.jpg

36 minutes ago, oconoc said:

he seems to hate everything that's not AMD...lol

Ive seen a zalman cooler review,  it was better than any noctua,  yet it was just "ok" for him lol... he's so unbiased that he continuesly trips over all his biases lol...

I like him but unbiased he is not.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

19 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Ive seen a zalman cooler review,  it was better than any noctua,  yet it was just "ok" for him lol... he's so unbiased that he continuesly trips over all his biases lol...

I like him but unbiased he is not.

Maybe it's becasue i am only looking for intel and nvidia reviews..lol

56 minutes ago, oconoc said:

I have a 1000w PSU but not sure the brand name (came from alienware) and i'm not to sure it's going to be the thermals (see attached pic)

Yeah, I have seen a bunch of reviews about the alienware R12 and thermal issues (changed intake fan already) I don't watch that guy though, he seems to hate everything that's not AMD...lol

str4.jpg

Gamers Nexus? Steve is about as fair and balanced as you can get. He calls things as he sees them though, and doesn't hold back. I'm honestly not sure there's a tech YouTuber I trust more, though.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

1 minute ago, oconoc said:

Maybe it's becasue i am only looking for intel and nvidia reviews..lol

I mean he does those too. "WASTE OF SAND!!!" : D 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Between working with Nvidia and Alienware the issue has been resolved. AWCCservice was causing the FPS issue, they have uninstalled and reinstalled and everything is fine now.

3 hours ago, oconoc said:

Between working with Nvidia and Alienware the issue has been resolved. AWCCservice was causing the FPS issue, they have uninstalled and reinstalled and everything is fine now.

Ah, bloatware strikes again. This is why anytime a get a laptop (I don't buy prebuilt) I do a clean install of Windows and nuke what came with it. 

1 hour ago, m9x3mos said:

Ah, bloatware strikes again. This is why anytime a get a laptop (I don't buy prebuilt) I do a clean install of Windows and nuke what came with it. 

I hate buying pre builts but these days you have to to get your hands on a video card

12 hours ago, oconoc said:

I hate buying pre builts but these days you have to to get your hands on a video card

Oh I agree. Not a bad way to do it. I was just trying to say that a clean install is the way to go and get rid of that bloat. 

Think Linus even ran into those sorts of issues when they did the series on buying machines.