Gtx 1070 Founders Edition not powering up/ lights not on/ no display

Fvlcrum

Hey all,

So I just got some new thermal pads for my near 5 year old 1070, and put 1mm thick where 0.5 were supposed to be. Rest all were changed to correct size except those that I just mentioned. I plug in my GPU and it no longer giving a display or powering on idk cuz the lights aren't lighting up too. I lost one of the screws that go on the top side and I also chipped a couple of the bits on top (Picture attached below, the red circled area is the general part I chipped while unscrewing the bolt type screws). Please have a look and let me know if that chipping is a problem since the GPU market....well we all now what's that nowadays. Appreciate any help y'all.

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-22 at 7.12.56 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-22 at 7.12.57 PM.jpeg

Yeah youve damaged the surface mounted components of the card using what I assume was a pliers that was way too big. There no telling what othera components are damaged but yeah unless you send that to a skilled soldering guy that card is done

Could you elaborate on that please? Like what I broke, what does it do and how it factors to the card not powering on

You ripped off a transistor and a capacitor, it's anyone's guess what they do and whether they're the cause of it not getting powered or not since nobody has the schematics for the card, but if it started before and no more it's pretty likely that's the reason. They aren't there for nothing.

If you could find the parts they could be soldered back on but without that it'd also be a guessing game for what type/value they are supposed to be.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

the technical term is "knocked off" and not "chipped"... oh man 😬

The pads is probably also an issue but with that many parts missing its no surprise its not outputting anything.  o.o

And also I'm sorry I can't help much, because it's impossible for me to know what capacitors etc those were (do you still have them?)

But its pretty much certain those parts are needed for the card to function. 

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

If you could find the parts they could be soldered back on but without that it'd also be a guessing game for what type/value they are supposed to be.

It sucks there isnt an easy way to figure that out, like just download the plans from the manufacturer site, or maybe there is a way, but I wouldn't know. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity