XBox 1 S Factory reset issues

Aidanlockett1
Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,
2 hours ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

Tried it with firmware installed and no firmware installed. Tried a few different ways with the usb for an offline update. Any last ideas before its toast?

i'm sure there is a way to make it work, but unfortunately i'm coming up empty. if the original hdd works, might be worth just using the ssd as an external?

I recently replaced my Xbox 1 S's internal storage drive with a 1 terabyte ssd. I am trying to do an offline system update with a flashdrive, however I get error codes e106 and e101. I have read e106 is related to a cache error so I left my xbox unplugged and will try again later. My usb drive is just the system update folder in NTFS so I am seeking some help. I have done this before but never had this problem as it usually fixes itself or I fanangle a solution. Thank you for your help.

you need to set up the drive in windows first, i havent done it on the s, only the xbox one original. here is a guide for the s:

edit: also, never tried with an ssd, only sshd, assume it will work fine though.

15 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

you need to set up the drive in windows first, i havent done it on the s, only the xbox one original. here is a guide for the s:

edit: also, never tried with an ssd, only sshd, assume it will work fine though.

So i need to mount the drive as a ntfs and assign a letter? i wiped it on windows and left it as unpartitioned. I may have mounted it last time, i assume this could be the fix? kinda sucks since tis already put back together but worth a shot thats probably it. thanks!

1 hour ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

So i need to mount the drive as a ntfs and assign a letter? i wiped it on windows and left it as unpartitioned. I may have mounted it last time, i assume this could be the fix? kinda sucks since tis already put back together but worth a shot thats probably it. thanks!

it requires firmware installed before hand to work, at least the few times i have done it. i have never been able to put in a blank drive, and get it to work, but again, this could be different on the s.

On 9/20/2021 at 1:03 PM, bmx6454 said:

it requires firmware installed before hand to work, at least the few times i have done it. i have never been able to put in a blank drive, and get it to work, but again, this could be different on the s.

Tried it with firmware installed and no firmware installed. Tried a few different ways with the usb for an offline update. Any last ideas before its toast?

2 hours ago, Aidanlockett1 said:

i'm sure there is a way to make it work, but unfortunately i'm coming up empty. if the original hdd works, might be worth just using the ssd as an external?