this material on headphones

frozensun

My friends,

I really would like my V-Moda and other headphones I have not to end up like these JBL (blue ones).

Any way to protect this "materrial" from not tearing apart?

Maybe use hand cream? 😄

20210919_064916.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Looks like faux leather or vinyl. If its a thin layer made out of the materials I mentioned, I dont think you can do anything to make them last long. If its genuine leather, you can use leather conditioner. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Looks like faux leather or vinyl. If its a thin layer made out of the materials I mentioned, I dont think you can do anything to make them last long. If its genuine leather, you can use leather conditioner. 

How can I differ one from another?V-Moda Crossfade Wireless headphones.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

18 minutes ago, Levent said:

I would add that “bonded leather” can be worse than vinyl and isn’t really leather at all. All “bonded leather” means is “contains leather” which can be just vinyl with some leather dust in it. There are no specifics or standards for the term.  “Bonded leather” means basically nothing. Even in situations when larger pieces of leather are used they are glued together with vinyl and a vinyl outer layer is added because glued together chunks of leather look ugly, making it effectively even thinner than vinyl before visual marring occurs, so more susceptible to wear and without the pore structure that reduces leather’s lack of breathability.  There are various types of faux leather that have some of leather’s qualities but generally not all of them.  Finding out they type of covering is critical.  Judging from the wrinkle patterns on the side the top headphones have a different sort of material covering them.  What it is though I do not know.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

23 minutes ago, frozensun said:

How can I differ one from another?V-Moda Crossfade Wireless headphones.

Company website I would think.  Exactly what material the covers are made out of would need to be known.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

It will wear and when it does you just buy replacement pads, for any decent headphones they will be available pretty easily. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Unfortunatelly as I sad previously If I could buy replacement ones I would.

Don't get me angry guys,I sad million times and I think I will add in signature I live in Bosnia and there is no shipment here,and if it does the cost of shipment overprices the price of product...

5 hours ago, frozensun said:

Unfortunatelly as I sad previously If I could buy replacement ones I would.

Don't get me angry guys,I sad million times and I think I will add in signature I live in Bosnia and there is no shipment here,and if it does the cost of shipment overprices the price of product...

If local companies don't stock the relevant replacements and nothing else ships to you then that's unfortunately where the road ends. International shipping is expensive for everyone in every country. At that point it just comes down to how much you value replacing just the pads vs buying a new pair locally.

P.S. people won't check your previous threads just to see if something ships to or is available for you. That's not to make you angry, it's just how forums operate. Signatures have more of a chance of being seen, but don't expect it to change much.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

12 minutes ago, tikker said:

If local companies don't stock the relevant replacements and nothing else ships to you then that's unfortunately where the road ends. International shipping is expensive for everyone in every country. At that point it just comes down to how much you value replacing just the pads vs buying a new pair locally.

P.S. people won't check your previous threads just to see if something ships to or is available for you. That's not to make you angry, it's just how forums operate. Signatures have more of a chance of being seen, but don't expect it to change much.

99% of products don't ship to my fuc..d up country..probably don't even know where it is...

I will give u an example,people here don't buy japanese cars (toyota,honda) nor iphones and iPads..why?it's because replacement parts are nowhere to be found and even if they do it would cost like buying same used phone.

Do you understand now,Sir?

I'm not lucky guy to live in EU/USA...where you guys can even purchase shit house for cats 🙂

30 minutes ago, frozensun said:

99% of products don't ship to my fuc..d up country..probably don't even know where it is...

I will give u an example,people here don't buy japanese cars (toyota,honda) nor iphones and iPads..why?it's because replacement parts are nowhere to be found and even if they do it would cost like buying same used phone.

I'm not lucky guy to live in EU/USA...where you guys can even purchase shit house for cats 🙂

So your problem is you want to minimize repair and replacement parts, so you are looking for devices that need less of them.  Nothing lasts for ever.  One issue in this case is hair oil, and it’s acidity and makeup, which differs from person to person.  A close examination of the materials used to make the cushions seems like step one.  In this case the whole “seat cover” system seems like a plan.  Something that is easily sourcable in your area to take the variable wear and tear damage.  A cover for the cover. 

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

Who knows, maybe you'll be in the EU in the future. It's being discussed/negotiated for Bosnia to join apparently. Anyway, I'm not saying it's not easier in the EU. I'm simply being realistic. If there are no local or national ways for you to obtain it and you are not willing or able to pay the cost to import it, then that is the unfortunate end of it. Whether you like it or not you'll have to accept that those kind of cheap faux leather things will break down after a few years. As has been pointed out it's thin, fragile material that is not designed to last more than a few years. That's not exclusive to Bosnia. Plenty of replacement parts for things that are not <insert major world-dominating brand>'s top models are certainly not always as easy or cheap to obtain as you imply. Especially if it's outside of warranty getting stuff replaced can easily costs a substantial fraction of simply buying a new one, which is also their intention, to get you to buy a new one.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB